Mavericks Make Good Moves

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 8,015 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums with my snookems, Eagleborn.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Dallas looks... Old.

COME VOTE IN THE COLLEGE FORUMS TOP 10 EACH WEEK! THIS IS OUR USER POLL AND IT IS A GOOD TOPIC OF CONVERSATION. ALL BALLOTS NEED TO BE YOUR TOP 10 ONLY AND SENT TO ME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM)! DEADLINE WILL BE EVERY TUESDAY AT A RANDOM TIME... SO GET THEM TO ME ON MONDAY EACH WEEK! 

http://www.smoaky.co...howtopic=144539

#22 WildcatsRule

WildcatsRule

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Exciting? Yes. Defense? No.

I was wrong.
Exciting? No. Defense? Hell no!

#23 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Dallas looks... Old.

Dallas IS old!
Who is John Galt?

#24 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

he sucked anyways. shot way too much.

What are you smoking? J J Bates slashed the lane and was one pf the biggest reasons the Mavericks beat the Lakers and the Heat.
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#25 stevosev7

stevosev7

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone wish we could just send Lamar Odom packing already???

He doesn't want to be here. His attitude and lack of effort is hurting us and himself. He's a loser.

#26 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone wish we could just send Lamar Odom packing already???

He doesn't want to be here. His attitude and lack of effort is hurting us and himself. He's a loser.

You may be right. Odom has been a VERY good player for quite a while, but he is really tarnishing his image. It's a little shocking. Evidently he went "Hollywood".
A professional athlete should have a little pride. Evidently he doesn't (at least so far)
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#27 stevosev7

stevosev7

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Exactly. You go from averaging 17 points per game and being the 6th man of the year to 8 points per game, 1 assist and 4 rebounds on a more GENEROUS team?! Carlisle or Cuban need to get this guy in check

#28 stoneykelly

stoneykelly

Backwoods Mafia

• Moderators
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

It looks like we should have signed his wife instead. She would have made up for Chandler's physical presence on the inside.

#29 allday

allday

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Interests:Football,Basketball,Track,and Tennis

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

It looks like we should have signed his wife instead. She would have made up for Chandler's physical presence on the inside.

+1

#30 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Dallas looks... Old.

Dallas is so slow it makes the Lakers look fast.
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#31 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

This thread is funny.
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#32 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Cuban pulled the Florida Marlins trick. Hopefully he will buy some good free agents after this years frustration. I realize Cuban is waiting on big name free agents this summer but it seems the Mavs just sat on their laurels after winning the Championship.
Who is John Galt?

#33 stoneykelly

stoneykelly

Backwoods Mafia

• Moderators
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Cuban decided to cut salary and give up repeating to be big spenders in 2012. Hows that looking now? Howard has shown he's a prima donna coach killer. D-Will would be an upgrade at PG. Id rather have Chandler, Barrea and Butler than hoping we can get a big name or two. Gut feeling says we dont get either player.

#34 Rhino2K

Rhino2K

Smoakhouse Bouncer

• Administrators
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

One-year-wonder
Care to keep up with the Cowboys?? Check out www.smoaky.com/cowboys to see "Smoaky's Cowboy Blog" for training camp, news, and interviews by podcast within the next day---and pictures as well.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the monthly maintenance costs, or help with all of the recent smoaky.com upgrades can now do so! Please see the bottom of any of the Smoaky.com, smoaky.com HS Stats and Records and Smoakhouse Forums pages for contribution buttons! You may use PayPal or your own choice of credit card.

Contributions are not required but are greatly appreciated!

#35 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

One-year-wonder

But we had the year.

I'm willing to wait & see who they get. Sure I would have like to have seen Chandler & Stevenson stay (Butler & Barrea were too expensive for their roles). Even keeping all four this team was boxed in for a 2 yr run at best. I can at least see what Cuban is thinking. Whether it works or not is another question.
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#36 MaravichVSChitwood

MaravichVSChitwood

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Interests:NBA (Mavs), NCAA Men's Basketball (Aggies, Tar Heels), NCAA Football (Aggies), NFL (Cowboys, Broncos) MLB (Rangers, BoSox), Alex Morgan, Natalie Gulbis, and the PGA Tour.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Obviously we aren't getting Howard this next year. I think D-Will is a shoe-in to come to Dallas but crazier things have happened as well.

Cuban needs to reload on defense. Jet, JKidd, Mahinmi and West are all unrestricted free agents this year and Wright and Marion are NEXT year. Not to mention Beubois is a restricted free agent next year as well.

I say they re-sign Kidd and Mahinmi for sure. Jet is a toss-up because he's already hinted at leaving after this year anyway. West produced for us and I'd like to see him back. I could do without Beubois after his lackluster past 2 years. I think we could use Wright and DEFINITELY need Marion again after next year.

Keep in mind there are still some stellar guys that Cuban can pick up even without Howard out there (I'm saying this assuming we for sure will get D-Will signed.): Elton Brand (Player Option - but let's face it, he's a shadow in the 76er organization now), Brook Lopez (was almost dealt this past year anyway), Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin...etc! All these guys are great defensive players that could fill the void left by Chandler. I think our offense is stellar already, but it's defense that we were lacking this year.

Even if we don't get D-Will, Steve Nash is out there and said he would love to come back to Dallas. I realize he's older but the guy still led the league in assists and shot a career high FG% as well...he's still got some left in the tank. Along with: Jeff Green, Andre Miller, Chauncey Billups, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton, Jerryd Bayless...so it's not like Cuban can't pick up some great guys this next year and spend big. I could see us bringing in D-Will and 2-3 big names this next year for sure.
"Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true." - Pistol Pete Maravich

Coach Norman Dale: We're going to use Jimmy as the decoy. Get the ball in and set a pick for Buddy. He's going to take the last shot....(silence) What's the matter with you guys??"
Jimmy Chitwood:....I'll make it.

Posted Image

#37 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

I was a little disappointed in the lack of use of Wright in the playoffs. I didn't see a game this year where I would rather have Haywood on the floor than him. I'd hate to see them get rid of Beobois. Too much potential.
Just my opinion, but I would be totally against Nash back. This team can't do anything to get older. IF they signed Nash, it would be against everything Cuban claimed this year when moves were made with the future in mind.
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#38 MaravichVSChitwood

MaravichVSChitwood

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Interests:NBA (Mavs), NCAA Men's Basketball (Aggies, Tar Heels), NCAA Football (Aggies), NFL (Cowboys, Broncos) MLB (Rangers, BoSox), Alex Morgan, Natalie Gulbis, and the PGA Tour.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

I was a little disappointed in the lack of use of Wright in the playoffs. I didn't see a game this year where I would rather have Haywood on the floor than him. I'd hate to see them get rid of Beobois. Too much potential.
Just my opinion, but I would be totally against Nash back. This team can't do anything to get older. IF they signed Nash, it would be against everything Cuban claimed this year when moves were made with the future in mind.

Good point on all counts. Beubois does have potential, but he hasn't progressed as much as I thought he should have in the time given. Definitely with you on Wright! Haywood missed multiple chances of easy lay-ins/dunks because he wasn't ready for certain passes from Kidd, West, Terry etc. Haywood is a rebounder/defender...Wright is a defender, rebounder AND scorer down low. Not to mention WAY more athletic upside. I guess the same goes for Beubois: lots of potential there with Wright as well. Roddy just rubbed me the wrong way after he got the starts he did when Kidd was out and it was great production for 3 games, then fell off the map for 5 straight.
"Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true." - Pistol Pete Maravich

Coach Norman Dale: We're going to use Jimmy as the decoy. Get the ball in and set a pick for Buddy. He's going to take the last shot....(silence) What's the matter with you guys??"
Jimmy Chitwood:....I'll make it.

Posted Image

#39 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Wright was a defensive liability that without a doubt was a waste of a roster spot. I think Mahimi has more upside than the other centers due to he's a better scorer and gives great effort. I'd like to see him work with Shaq and Dwight in the offseason, could be a 15-15 guy.
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#40 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Wright was a defensive liability that without a doubt was a waste of a roster spot. I

uh wow. That's a strange opinion considering his minutes grew throughout the season because of his performance.

http://espn.go.com/b...-brandan-wright
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users