• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Spurs are looking really good in their 10 game win streak. They have three more games on the road to complete their nine road game trip and could possibly go 9-9. Not sure how bad Splitter's and Manu's injuries are but I hope they recover quickly! Also Grandfather Duncan continues to impress...

#42 ODB71

ODB71

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think in the past Odom might have been an upgrade over Tyson. Tyson Chandler was such a good fit for Dallas. I would rather have kept Chandler. I am hoping for a Dallas Championship against Chicago. I can see OKC getting hot also and being there.

Is it to late to retract my Odom statement.lol

#43 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,734 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums with my snookems, Eagleborn.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

This season is so annoying. I can't really tell how good Dallas is. You look at the roster from top to bottom and it almost looks better than last year's... then you watch them play and I want to puke. I heard that if Dwight Howard makes it through the season in Orlando, we may see him as a Maverick next year.

#44 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,679 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

This season is so annoying. I can't really tell how good Dallas is. You look at the roster from top to bottom and it almost looks better than last year's... then you watch them play and I want to puke. I heard that if Dwight Howard makes it through the season in Orlando, we may see him as a Maverick next year.

Would love that and heard NJ williams will go there too. Hello Champions!!!!!!

#45 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

I would bet that Howard ends up in Brooklyn.

Part of the Mavs problem is the condensed schedule on their old legs.
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#46 chaselogan

chaselogan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Dallas isn't being consistent enough with their wins. Plus we can't keep any of our players long enough without them getting injured.

2010-2011 STATE CHAMPS!!

#47 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I don't think Dallas will make the finals, but outside of OK City nobody really scares me. And the Mavs have played them to the wire in every game this year...for some reason they really match up with them. Dallas could easily go out early or get right there.

No matter. The Mavericks have built up a LOT of good will with me after beating the Heat last year. That was the most satisfied I've been after a season since the Cowboys beat the Bills in the SB in their 1st championship of the 90s. If they could get Howard next year I would put them right back as co-favorites with the Thunder.
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#48 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Would love that and heard NJ williams will go there too. Hello Champions!!!!!!

Easy there Lion with the championship yells already.

See Miami. Lol

#49 Crawford

Crawford

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

I don't think Dallas will make the finals, but outside of OK City nobody really scares me. And the Mavs have played them to the wire in every game this year...for some reason they really match up with them. Dallas could easily go out early or get right there.

No matter. The Mavericks have built up a LOT of good will with me after beating the Heat last year. That was the most satisfied I've been after a season since the Cowboys beat the Bills in the SB in their 1st championship of the 90s. If they could get Howard next year I would put them right back as co-favorites with the Thunder.

Don't give up on the Mavs just yet. If you remember in last years first round of the playoffs Dallas had to play Portland which everyone else were glad they didn't have to play, but wished they could of played Dallas cause of their reputation of not being able to close out games, but instead the Mavs end up beating the Trail Blazers and going on to win the championship. Althouugh this is a diffrerent Mavs team and a shorter season, I feel injurys are killing them right now especially in these last couple of weeks.

#50 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,679 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Easy there Lion with the championship yells already.

See Miami. Lol

Unlike them There the Defending Champs lol

#51 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Derek Fisher looked nice in an OKC uniform last night.

I hope he hits a big shot to send the Lakers home in the playoffs.
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#52 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Big game for the Thunder tonight.

Oklahoma City dominated Miami on a team level and Durant dominated Lebron on a match up level.
-Mike Ditka-

#53 JustAFan11

JustAFan11

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

OKC put on a offensive clinic last night...very impressive win.
Without sports evolution would be a theory!

#54 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

And the Spurs are quietly flying under the radar with another long winning streak. I like it Posted Image

#55 ETBU89

ETBU89

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

And the Spurs are quietly flying under the radar with another long winning streak. I like it Posted Image

Indeed they are. Every time this happens, they win. Shhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone.

#56 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

If San Antonio can keep their series' to four or five games during the Western Conference playoffs, I think they have a good shot. They will have to beat a young Oklahoma City team that won't be as fatigued, but outside of OKC, everyone else is beginning to show their age. Los Angeles is as vulnerable as they have ever been. Dallas has been hit and miss all year. Memphis has underperformed. Denver is too streaky, as are the Clippers. Either Houston or Utah will take the final spot, and they don't strike a lot of fear into their opponents.
I didn't believe it at the beginning of the year, but San Antonio may have just as good of a shot as OKC.

#57 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

I need to see this different style of Spurs team get past the first round before I jump to conclusions.
-Mike Ditka-

#58 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,734 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums with my snookems, Eagleborn.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

The Spurs have been performing well in the regular season for quite a while, but hasnt competed in the playoffs to make any noise in a long time. They are old like Dallas and will get ousted early again.

#59 JR88

JR88

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Glad everyone was skeptical of my faith in the Spurs back in January.

#60 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Glad everyone was skeptical of my faith in the Spurs back in January.

Never matters until playoffs. (see Mavs last year)
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users