#1 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Who do you guys got reaching the finals this year?

I'll take Oklahoma City vs Miami.
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#2 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Who do you guys got reaching the finals this year?

I'll take Oklahoma City vs Miami.

That's probably a good pick. OK might have been better in a longer season though.
Those are definitely the best talent barring injury. I feel much better about Dallas coming out of the West with Odom leaving LA and joining the Mavs
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#3 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,560 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

Lakers/Miami

Dark horse: Dallas to repeat.

#4 cats69

cats69

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Miami/OKC
Miami champs. The pickup of Odom was nice, but hes not the big defensive presence in the middle of the lane that chandler was

#5 karma2010

karma2010

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Sports...

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Going with OKC and Miami

Miami NBA Finals Champion 2012

#6 KirtFalcon

KirtFalcon

Liberalism is a disease ... and I'm the cure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,484 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

prediction?

boring as usual

GARRISON BULLDOGS - 2003 Class AA Div II State Champs

"It still amazes me that letting hard working Americans keep more of their hard earned wages is considered government spending by liberals." - KF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-atf.gif

#7 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

prediction?

boring as usual

Haters going to hate, At least it is not baseball.

I really think OKC would beat Miami in a series.
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#8 JustAFan11

JustAFan11

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Chicago and OKC

Every team will have fresher legs so I expect the postseason to be some of the best basketball ever played. Look out for Boston if they can get home court in the playoffs.
Without sports evolution would be a theory!

#9 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

I think the top 3 teams in the West will be Dallas, Ok City, and Memphis and the Lakers will battle for third.
Top two will be Dallas and Ok City. If Dallas gets a big season out of Odom and Carter, I'll take Dallas to return to the Finals.

In the East, I think the top three are Miami, Chicago, and Boston.
Miami and Chicago as the top two. I'll take Miami to return to the Finals as Chicago just doesn't have enough to keep up with Miami. They need more than just Rose!

As for the Finals,

If it's Dallas, that means they got a huge year out of Odom and Carter. I'll take Dallas to repeat over Miami again.

However, if they don't, I'll take Miami to beat Ok City.

I know, I have two scenarios. But at this early point, I have no idea how Odom and Carter will mold with the rest of the team yet.

#10 ODB71

ODB71

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

Odom is an upgrade over Chandler. Mavs over Heat in five. Dirk and JKidd retire. Lebron gets traded back to Cleveland lol

#11 Aggie90

Aggie90

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Mavs need to pick it up if they want to make it back to the finals.

#12 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Right now I'll take Chicago/Oklahoma City. Would be a toss up for me from there.
Not only would no title for LeBron hurt his "legacy", but it would also start to affect his play a lot more. I think you would start to see him press more in future seasons, maybe leading to worse seasons.
Dallas is coming around, and if the chemistry clicks before they playoffs they are another team that could find themselves maybe playing for a title.
My dark horse is Memphis. Something about those guys is kinda scary. With Rudy Gay healthy, I think they can do a lot of damage.

#13 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Right now I'll take Chicago/Oklahoma City. Would be a toss up for me from there.
Not only would no title for LeBron hurt his "legacy", but it would also start to affect his play a lot more. I think you would start to see him press more in future seasons, maybe leading to worse seasons.
Dallas is coming around, and if the chemistry clicks before they playoffs they are another team that could find themselves maybe playing for a title.
My dark horse is Memphis. Something about those guys is kinda scary. With Rudy Gay healthy, I think they can do a lot of damage.

I'm sure about Memphis until I can see how Randolph looks when he comes back.

As far as Chicago vs OKC, I think OKC would win in 5. I know Chicago can play great defense, but sorry there is no way that OKC will score under 80 every game which it seems is was Chicago needs to win.
-Mike Ditka-

#14 NASTYBOY69

NASTYBOY69

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

DALLAS MAVERICKS ALL THE WAY AGAIN BABY

#15 Rhino2K

Rhino2K

Smoakhouse Bouncer

• Administrators
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Miami will break down in the playoffs. No way they're going back to the Finals this season.

I think that the youth of Okla City will wear down the Mavericks in the Western Conf Finals.

Okla City/Chicago
Care to keep up with the Cowboys?? Check out www.smoaky.com/cowboys to see "Smoaky's Cowboy Blog" for training camp, news, and interviews by podcast within the next day---and pictures as well.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the monthly maintenance costs, or help with all of the recent smoaky.com upgrades can now do so! Please see the bottom of any of the Smoaky.com, smoaky.com HS Stats and Records and Smoakhouse Forums pages for contribution buttons! You may use PayPal or your own choice of credit card.

Contributions are not required but are greatly appreciated!

#16 JR88

JR88

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Spurs - Bulls

Ginobili's injury the best thing that could happen during a lockout year. He'll be fresh for a quick playoff run when he returns.

#17 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Spurs - Bulls

Ginobili's injury the best thing that could happen during a lockout year. He'll be fresh for a quick playoff run when he returns.

Gonna have a lot of rust to shake off too...The Spurs are looking older and older by the day. They really need to start building around some of these younger guys instead of adding complimentary pieces around Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker.

#18 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Gonna have a lot of rust to shake off too...The Spurs are looking older and older by the day. They really need to start building around some of these younger guys instead of adding complimentary pieces around Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker.

I think this might be Duncan's last season, Garnett too.
-Mike Ditka-

#19 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

I think this might be Duncan's last season, Garnett too.

Hope so for Garnett. He looks extremely old. Duncan has always looked old, but his style has made him look old since he was a rookie. This should probably be Duncan's last year too, but he isn't as painful to watch as Garnett.

#20 Crawford

Crawford

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm a big Mavs fan, always have been and always will be, so I've got the Mavs returnig to the finals and I'm guessing they will probably play either Miami again or Chicago, maybe even Boston. Who knows it may be a team that is currently in last past of the eastern conference. I doubt it, but you never know this early in a short season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users