166 replies to this topic

#1 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Texas men and women both defeated A&M to take a 6-1 lead. Next competition is men's.

Takes 10 points to claim the trophy.

#2 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Looks like a landslide for the final LSS. Pooooooor aggys

#3 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Looks like a landslide for the final LSS. Pooooooor aggys

Yea, you don't care about the Aggies at all...

Btw, Texas had a 6-2 lead in 2008 but didn't win...
Hate to lose more than you love to win, and winning will be your only option!

#4 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

I guess hiring a high school coach just to make sure his son would play at A&M was not such a good deal.

#5 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

I guess hiring a high school coach just to make sure his son would play at A&M was not such a good deal.

You couldn't be more misinformed...

He is one of the most well known AAU couches around. It's not like they hired joe blow because he is son is decent. Reese was headed towards the college game sooner or later to be a recruiter. It just so happened he wanted to coach near his home town and tamu is looking to get more recruiting oriented in their program.

As for the tamu program, they are not losing games because of Reese anyways. The are losing games because they are poorly coached by Kennedy. I admire the guy fighting through his disease, but if it interferes with your job it's time to step aside. This tamu program is not in rebuilding mode... There is no reason for them to look like this. He took a team that has been to 6 straight NCAA tourneys and has was thought to be a safe bet this year, and turned them into a probable .500 team.

#6 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Also, we really don't want to start comparing who has the more shady basketball recruiting methods do we...?

#7 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Also, we really don't want to start comparing who has the more shady basketball recruiting methods do we...?

No... I don't feel like discussing the Baylor Bears today. LOL!

#8 OA5II

OA5II

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Well played, we played!!

#9 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

I was actually referring to Barnes and his Findley Prep "Connections."

#10 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

I was actually referring to Barnes and his Findley Prep "Connections."

Move along... nothing to see here.

Besides, we don't play men's college basketball at UT to win games. We are strictly a prep program for the NBA.

#11 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Move along... nothing to see here.

Besides, we don't play men's college basketball at UT to win games. We are strictly a prep program for the NBA.

Lol. At least you guys are trying to put guys in the NBA. I'm not really sure what Kennedy is trying to do at the point. This is harder to watch then Sherman's offense right now...

#12 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

I thought nobody cared about this thing.. guess its not useful unless you are winning it lol.

#13 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Everyone wanted to wipe Nebraska's nose in the pile when they defected. This is the last chance to send the Aggies out of the conference in style. I was honestly surprised Texas picked up a point last night. I figured the Aggies would win both.

Texas will pick up the next point (men's swimming) without breaking a sweat. So it will be 7-1 before track picks up.

#14 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yea, you don't care about the Aggies at all...

Btw, Texas had a 6-2 lead in 2008 but didn't win...

Actually at this point it was 5-2 and Texas & A&M tied at 9-1/2 points each with Texas retaining the title.

Last year at this time Texas lead 4-1/2 to 2-1/2 ending in a 9-1/2 point tie with Texas retaining the title.

What has to be concerning to the Aggies hopes are the demise of their track program. Texas won both men's & women's cross country events. In addition Texas men is ranked slightly higher than the Aggies in the pre-season indoor track season (#10 v #12) which should be a dogfight for the point. Texas women are ranked #4 versus the Aggies #17.

#15 OldSchool

OldSchool

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Everyone wanted to wipe Nebraska's nose in the pile when they defected. This is the last chance to send the Aggies out of the conference in style. I was honestly surprised Texas picked up a point last night. I figured the Aggies would win both.

Texas will pick up the next point (men's swimming) without breaking a sweat. So it will be 7-1 before track picks up.

Aggies have huge target on their back this year, dont blame those wanting to get them the last time.
Far as I am concerned McCoys run sealed the year.
I dont qualify for a job with the Obama administration...I pay my taxes

#16 GWalum07

GWalum07

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Haters.Lol we just win..what's wrong with that ?

#17 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Actually at this point it was 5-2 and Texas & A&M tied at 9-1/2 points each with Texas retaining the title.

Last year at this time Texas lead 4-1/2 to 2-1/2 ending in a 9-1/2 point tie with Texas retaining the title.

What has to be concerning to the Aggies hopes are the demise of their track program. Texas won both men's & women's cross country events. In addition Texas men is ranked slightly higher than the Aggies in the pre-season indoor track season (#10 v #12) which should be a dogfight for the point. Texas women are ranked #4 versus the Aggies #17.

Demise?cross country sucked last year at A&M. It was the only sport besides volleyball to not finish ranked. The A&M track teams had low rankings last year as well. The track team is the least bit of my worries. I'm more concerned about the women's team ending their 11 game win streak in basketball and the men's team actually winning a conference game.

Our baseball team is ranked 6th in the preseason as well. Look for them to quickly fall out of the rankings when baseball starts up lol.

#18 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,543 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

I said it earlier this year, but much like Aggie football, Aggie basketball could be even more overrated. And if people think the Longhorns are good for beating them, then add the Horns to that list of over-rated Big 12 basketball programs as well.

#19 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I said it earlier this year, but much like Aggie football, Aggie basketball could be even more overrated. And if people think the Longhorns are good for beating them, then add the Horns to that list of over-rated Big 12 basketball programs as well.

First, I think last night was the first time I saw Texas play with most of the games on the LHN. I don't think many saw Texas as a threat this year. So I don't think they are overrated. I saw alot of good talent, but it is hard to built a team based on players staying for a year. Texas looked sloppy and won. But they won and it was a "nice" win considering the opponent.

I think the Big XII is down this year, but I am not sure which conference is "up". No one seems to be generating much momentum. just my opinion.

#20 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,543 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

First, I think last night was the first time I saw Texas play with most of the games on the LHN. I don't think many saw Texas as a threat this year. So I don't think they are overrated. I saw alot of good talent, but it is hard to built a team based on players staying for a year. Texas looked sloppy and won. But they won and it was a "nice" win considering the opponent.

I think the Big XII is down this year, but I am not sure which conference is "up". No one seems to be generating much momentum. just my opinion.

Baylor is legit. crazy year for the Big XII. Baylor had its best season ever in football and may repeat that feat in round ball as well. Are they hiding some spring surprises for us in baseball too? We know how track will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users