10 replies to this topic

#1 andy66

andy66

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

I watched LBJ and the Heat play the Clippers last night. Looks like LBJ is still coming up a qtr. short. He couldn't hit a basket down the stretch to save his life and couldn't hit a free throw either. I just don't see how he can be considered the best basketball player in the world when he can't come through when it counts. All LBJ and DW do is look around after they miss a shot and gripe @ the officials for not calling a foul. LBJ hasn't changed at all.

#2 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

I watched LBJ and the Heat play the Clippers last night. Looks like LBJ is still coming up a qtr. short. He couldn't hit a basket down the stretch to save his life and couldn't hit a free throw either. I just don't see how he can be considered the best basketball player in the world when he can't come through when it counts. All LBJ and DW do is look around after they miss a shot and gripe @ the officials for not calling a foul. LBJ hasn't changed at all.

You thought he would? Biggest waste of talent possibly. LeBron has been told for years about how great he is, and how he is the next coming of Jordan. That has led him to become complacent and kept him from working on his game. Yeah he worked with Hakeem for a little bit, but did it really make a difference?
LeBron is a great athlete, but that doesn't make you a great basketball player. Until he starts working on his game, and rounding it out to have a more complete repertoire of skills, he will always be plagued by these problems.
LeBron can dunk, and bull his way to the lane (charging most of the time, but that's like calling traveling on Shaq, it ain't happening). LeBron is a terrible shooter, and doesn't possess the clutch gene that the greats have.

#3 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Durrant is the man in the NBA.

#4 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

+1
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#5 stevosev7

stevosev7

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Durant can't even convince his own teammates (Russell Westbrook) That he is the man...

I don't like him, I can't stand him, he's the most arrogant person to even play the game, but Kobe is playing like the best player in the NBA

#6 stevosev7

stevosev7

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Durant can't even convince his own teammates (Russell Westbrook) That he is the man...

I don't like him, I can't stand him, he's the most arrogant person to ever play the game, but Kobe is playing like the best player in the NBA

#7 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

I don't like him, I can't stand him, he's the most arrogant person to even play the game, but Kobe is playing like the best player in the NBA

You obviously do not watch many Thunder games and just listen to what ESPN says about them.
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#8 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

I don't like him, I can't stand him, he's the most arrogant person to ever play the game, but Kobe is playing like the best player in the NBA

Westbrook's problem is that he is used to being The Guy on his team, and he isn't anymore. It also doesn't help that he isn't a natural point guard and is learning the position. Westbrook is too interested in being Derek Rose, instead of being Robin to Durrant's Batman.
I don't think that Durrant is arrogant, but I have never met the guy either.
I will give you that Kobe is playing like #1 right now, but check back at the end of the season when his fuel tanks are running lower...

#9 JustAFan11

JustAFan11

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't think you know what the word arrogant means, please get a dictionary and then revaluate Mr. Durant.

You may not like the guy but in no way is he arrogant. What a terrible, uneducated judgement of another person. Just so far off base it's crazy to think about.
Without sports evolution would be a theory!

#10 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

I don't think you know what the word arrogant means, please get a dictionary and then revaluate Mr. Durant.

You may not like the guy but in no way is he arrogant. What a terrible, uneducated judgement of another person. Just so far off base it's crazy to think about.

He was talking about the Kobe System

#11 JustAFan11

JustAFan11

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

He was talking about the Kobe System

My apologies!
Without sports evolution would be a theory!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users