Texas High

16-4A
Corsicana
Lindale
Whitehouse
John Tyler
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches

Normally Team Tennis follows football realignment. 16-4A will have a bit of competition. Corsicana has be down lately, but it should be a dual between Corsicana and Lindale.

Can we pass on 14-4A?

#2 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

14-4A
Hallsville
Marshall
Mount Pleasant
Pine Tree
Sulphur Springs
Texas High

16-4A
Corsicana
Lindale
Whitehouse
John Tyler
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches

Normally Team Tennis follows football realignment. 16-4A will have a bit of competition. Corsicana has be down lately, but it should be a dual between Corsicana and Lindale.

Can we pass on 14-4A?

16-4A looks to be much deeper than 14-4A. 14-4A looks pretty weak, other than Texas High. Hallsville and Sulphur Springs should be all smiles considering they will still have a shot at 2nd in that district. They would probably be 5th and 6th in the other district. Corsicana, Lindale, and Whitehouse should be top 3 in their district.

#3 cujoforlife

cujoforlife

CUJO Number 1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,931 posts
  • Interests:i'm very big on high school football. it shouldn't matter that i'm gay, just who i am as a person. i'm still in school trying to get all of thsat out of the way...

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

ok

[left]NEVER GIVE UP WITHOUT A FIGHT! [/left][left]
[/left]
[left]2012 District 16 4A[/left][left]
[/left][left] Champs CUJO[/left][left]
[/left]

#4 leftylobo

leftylobo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

16-4A looks to be much deeper than 14-4A. 14-4A looks pretty weak, other than Texas High. Hallsville and Sulphur Springs should be all smiles considering they will still have a shot at 2nd in that district. They would probably be 5th and 6th in the other district. Corsicana, Lindale, and Whitehouse should be top 3 in their district.

14-4A could be more interesting than it looks initially; Hallsville has been improving every year it seems and with 8 new courts next year - they will probably only get better. Pine Tree has been a decent force for several years; Sulphur has a new coach that is working very hard in a tough situation and will eventually get things the way they used to be there if given time. The district with Lindale, Corsicana and Whitehouse will really be interesting; Lindale has been very solid over the years and even dominant in 3-A where they reached the State Team finals last Spring, Corsicana is definitely on the way back to competing in the region with a lot of good, young and solid players. Whitehouse was very respectable this year so here's saying that that District will be extremely competitive.

#5 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

14-4A could be more interesting than it looks initially; Hallsville has been improving every year it seems and with 8 new courts next year - they will probably only get better. Pine Tree has been a decent force for several years; Sulphur has a new coach that is working very hard in a tough situation and will eventually get things the way they used to be there if given time. The district with Lindale, Corsicana and Whitehouse will really be interesting; Lindale has been very solid over the years and even dominant in 3-A where they reached the State Team finals last Spring, Corsicana is definitely on the way back to competing in the region with a lot of good, young and solid players. Whitehouse was very respectable this year so here's saying that that District will be extremely competitive.

Not so sure about Pine Tree and Hallsville. Pine Tree has no girls, other than the top girl. Boys are ok, at best. Hallsville has had a pretty good group of boys and a good girl, but graduation will hit them hard this year. With no middle school program, it will be hard to stay competitive. I don't know much about Sulphur Springs except they got a new coach this year. It will be competitive between those 3 teams, but I was just saying that those three teams would finish in the bottom half of 16-4A.

#6 Bulldogtennis

Bulldogtennis

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

I agree with both of the comments by leftylobo and postnup247. Pine Tree did see success when these districts were aligned like this a few years ago. I believe they even made regionals in team tennis. Pine Tree, Hallsville, and SS should battle it out for 2nd. I think Hallsville might have the edge if their girls improve this year. Pine Tree will have good players at the top, but unless they get some new kids, their lack of depth will keep them from being very competitive.

In the other district, Lindale and Corsicana should dominate, unless they lose a lot from this year. Lindale and Corsicana beat Kilgore badly this year, which no one in our district did.

Good luck to both districts. We will be battling it out with Spring Hill, Gladewater, Bullard, Gilmer, Henderson, and Chapel Hill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users