612 replies to this topic

#21 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

do u know how theaha is gooin to be thi year. along with hemphill. will they be strong or weak just like to know

I expect Tenaha to be strong, but we get them in week 0 I believe, when they will have several new starters on both sides of the ball. They are losing the best player in Class A, along with some great athletes and very good linemen. They had some young kids that didn't get the chance to shine because of who they were playing behind. How quick they reload will depend on how far along those kids are. As for Hemphill, Justin Twine is just a junior this year. His older brother graduated, but I look for them to improve in the second year of a new coach's system. Here is how I see our non-district schedule, in order from weakest to strongest:
1. Burkeville- Made the playoffs in DII last year, but I don't see them being able to stay with the Rams.
2. Shelbyville- Should improve with a large senior class, but I'll take Joaquin by 3 TDs.
3. Hemphill- We have to improve on defense over last year's team to stop Twine. Tackling has to be better.
4. Tenaha- Will dominate their district and I can see them winning Region III again, but I think we take them in week 0.
5. Elkhart- 2A DI team in the middle of the pack in a tough district. If things bounce their way, they could be in the playoffs. Depth could be an issue.

You have to remember, Coach Gandy doesn't look at going unbeaten in non-district as a goal. He schedules teams that will make his team better for district play and playoff games. Because of the way the districts fell, several programs that would be good non-district games are off the table because you don't want to play someone in non-district when there is a chance you will see them in the playoffs.
"Winnning isn't everything, but it beats the heck out of anything that comes in second." Bear Bryant

#22 IndiansIn07

IndiansIn07

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Don't count out Carlisle. We will be right there in the mix with Baker and Co.

#23 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

As far as I'm concerned , the district is wide open. Beckville was really young last year, so they bring alot of kids back. Timpson has a new coach who might be just what they need to turn things around. Carlisle may have the best athlete in the district. I don't think the two that are dropping from 2A can afford to take anything for granted.
"Winnning isn't everything, but it beats the heck out of anything that comes in second." Bear Bryant

#24 Red90fly

Red90fly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

This district will go against the Alto/SA/West Sabine/Grapeland/Shelbyville group 1st round of playoffs, should be fun!
ALTO YELLOWJACKETS 2006, 14-0, 1a DI STATE CHAMPS

#25 ramfan1

ramfan1

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

I expect Tenaha to be strong, but we get them in week 0 I believe, when they will have several new starters on both sides of the ball. They are losing the best player in Class A, along with some great athletes and very good linemen. They had some young kids that didn't get the chance to shine because of who they were playing behind. How quick they reload will depend on how far along those kids are. As for Hemphill, Justin Twine is just a junior this year. His older brother graduated, but I look for them to improve in the second year of a new coach's system. Here is how I see our non-district schedule, in order from weakest to strongest:
1. Burkeville- Made the playoffs in DII last year, but I don't see them being able to stay with the Rams.
2. Shelbyville- Should improve with a large senior class, but I'll take Joaquin by 3 TDs.
3. Hemphill- We have to improve on defense over last year's team to stop Twine. Tackling has to be better.
4. Tenaha- Will dominate their district and I can see them winning Region III again, but I think we take them in week 0.
5. Elkhart- 2A DI team in the middle of the pack in a tough district. If things bounce their way, they could be in the playoffs. Depth could be an issue.

You have to remember, Coach Gandy doesn't look at going unbeaten in non-district as a goal. He schedules teams that will make his team better for district play and playoff games. Because of the way the districts fell, several programs that would be good non-district games are off the table because you don't want to play someone in non-district when there is a chance you will see them in the playoffs.

thanks true blue and u r right about the non district games as much as i like for joaquin to win them all i know that they are used as tune ups for the real season when district opens up. i asked about the nondistrict to find out about the strength of schedule. tenaha is always loaded with talent. thanks for the info

#26 sportsfan9

sportsfan9

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

im sure the rams are glad to be back in 1a...they should win this district..who should be their rbs this yr since they graduated both starters?...heard their jv team did pretty good last yr do they have anybody that could turn into their go to guy

#27 IndiansIn07

IndiansIn07

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

im sure the rams are glad to be back in 1a...they should win this district..who should be their rbs this yr since they graduated both starters?...heard their jv team did pretty good last yr do they have anybody that could turn into their go to guy

Carlisle will be back strong in 2012

#28 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Wyatt Hairgrove and Nick Cheatwood will both be seniors. Both got reps at wingback last year, Hairgrove more so because Austin Bloodgood went down with a broken foot in the Arp game, and Hairgrove was his back-up. I expect to see those two run the ball quite a bit, but Hairgrove is a more natural receiver, and we throw the ball more now than we have since Coach Gandy has been here. I also expect to see Tra Rodgers get more carries, either as the B-back or out of the shotgun package that they installed. It should be interesting to watch.

#29 Matthias

Matthias

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

I doubt anyone's counting out Carlisle at this point, at least no one intelligent is... however, I doubt very seriously the Injuns run the table in this league.

#30 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

This district will go against the Alto/SA/West Sabine/Grapeland/Shelbyville group 1st round of playoffs, should be fun!

You are right, the 2nd and 3rd place teams from these two will square off. The champions will get byes and will face the bi-district winners from districts 11 and 12 in the second round. Looks like the prize for one of the bi-district winners out of our leagues will be a second round date with Mart. Congratulations!

#31 number51

number51

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

You are right, the 2nd and 3rd place teams from these two will square off. The champions will get byes and will face the bi-district winners from districts 11 and 12 in the second round. Looks like the prize for one of the bi-district winners out of our leagues will be a second round date with Mart. Congratulations!

Ouch. Should be fun to see how this district shakes out.
"POUND THE ROCK" 02-12

#32 wolf92

wolf92

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

joaquin will win this district good luck from SA
SA 6 TIME ATHLETIC CHAMPS

#33 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

We might be young to start out in some areas but we have the 2 best linebackers in shelby county. Expect Tenaha to be VERY physical in week zero. Number 54 has never lost to joe....i dont expect him to his senior season.

Number 12 and 20 will be splitting carries. Gonna be thunder and lightning.
persona non grata

#34 Ronster23

Ronster23

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

I doubt anyone's counting out Carlisle at this point, at least no one intelligent is... however, I doubt very seriously the Injuns run the table in this league.

Carlisle had a really good JV....undefeated I believe....like you I doubt they will have a run like last year...

#35 sackem

sackem

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,660 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

We know that Joaquin has already lost 2 students in the last two years. Dropping from 201 to 199 to make the cut for one A.

But what we are most conserened about is whether Gary will be in the softball and Basketball districts with Beckville so Boomer can watch his two favorite teams.

What's Boomer going to do?

#36 Red90fly

Red90fly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Alto and SA have the same caliber athletes as Mart. Teams like that matchup its all about mistakes/turnovers/ect.
ALTO YELLOWJACKETS 2006, 14-0, 1a DI STATE CHAMPS

#37 sportsfan9

sportsfan9

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

"Wyatt Hairgrove and Nick Cheatwood will both be seniors. Both got reps at wingback last year, Hairgrove more so because Austin Bloodgood went down with a broken foot in the Arp game, and Hairgrove was his back-up. I expect to see those two run the ball quite a bit, but Hairgrove is a more natural receiver, and we throw the ball more now than we have since Coach Gandy has been here. I also expect to see Tra Rodgers get more carries, either as the B-back or out of the shotgun package that they installed. It should be interesting to watch. "

Hairgrove is a pretty good receiver and DB very athletic so thatll open up the running game for them...also saw d tenaha jv n joaquin jv play last yr n saw that they have another rico running around..how many do they have?? lol

#38 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

"Wyatt Hairgrove and Nick Cheatwood will both be seniors. Both got reps at wingback last year, Hairgrove more so because Austin Bloodgood went down with a broken foot in the Arp game, and Hairgrove was his back-up. I expect to see those two run the ball quite a bit, but Hairgrove is a more natural receiver, and we throw the ball more now than we have since Coach Gandy has been here. I also expect to see Tra Rodgers get more carries, either as the B-back or out of the shotgun package that they installed. It should be interesting to watch. "

Hairgrove is a pretty good receiver and DB very athletic so thatll open up the running game for them...also saw d tenaha jv n joaquin jv play last yr n saw that they have another rico running around..how many do they have?? lol

I know for a fact that there is a Rico in 5th grade, and another in pre-k.

#39 sportsfan9

sportsfan9

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I know for a fact that there is a Rico in 5th grade, and another in pre-k.

i think this one is a freshman...kinda built like the one from 09 looked taller though

#40 ramfan1

ramfan1

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

man that is a lot of info. thanks . is this the same twine that played qb last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users