Photo

Baseball season is nearly here... Who you got?

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#1 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

The big looks to be very solid in baseball again this season. What does your team bring to the table and how do you think they finish...
Hate to lose more than you love to win, and winning will be your only option!

#2 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

A&M brings back a solid pitching staff led by two of the best starters in the conference. Will need to replace gonzo at catcher and find a new middle infielder but other than that the Ags should be solid.

#3 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Texas will be a force with a strong pitching staff again. I'll take Texas to win the Big 12....again.

#4 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Texas will be a force with a strong pitching staff again. I'll take Texas to win the Big 12....again.

Texas just lost their ace for the season... They also have two starters out for the season. 1 with injury 1 with eligibility issues. Tamu was already probably the favorite, but those injuries definitely hurt Texas.

#5 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

What is OU going to be like this season?

#6 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Texas just lost their ace for the season... They also have two starters out for the season. 1 with injury 1 with eligibility issues. Tamu was already probably the favorite, but those injuries definitely hurt Texas.

Actually that makes 4 starters total. Stafford, Walla, Hinojosa, and Moynihan. 2 if not 3 of those guys would've been likely All-American status this year. #### for Texas, but Augie has recruited some very good young arms. Texas still wins the conference imo.

#7 mustanghybrid

mustanghybrid

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Actually that makes 4 starters total. Stafford, Walla, Hinojosa, and Moynihan. 2 if not 3 of those guys would've been likely All-American status this year. #### for Texas, but Augie has recruited some very good young arms. Texas still wins the conference imo.

Augie knows his talent
With God all Things are Possible

-Matthew 19:26

WELCOME TO THE LIONS DEN!!!

#8 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

They should be pretty good and be an NCAA team. They brought in a closer(JUCO I think) that's been gunned at 103....named Magnifico(no I'm not making that up).

Aggies just had their closer ruled ineligible by NCAA. Stinks for y'all given bullpen has been the biggest weakness for A&M

#9 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

They should be pretty good and be an NCAA team. They brought in a closer(JUCO I think) that's been gunned at 103....named Magnifico(no I'm not making that up).

Aggies just had their closer ruled ineligible by NCAA. Stinks for y'all given bullpen has been the biggest weakness for A&M

The bullpen has been our achilles and it stinks that Jester can't play. He was a local guy, and I was excited to see him in the maroon and white. Our starting pitching should be enough to carry us though. I think A&M or Texas will win the regular season and A&M will win the tournament due to the starting pitching being so strong.

Tyler Naquin will have a big year IMO. I think he will be the MVP this year.

#10 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Augie definitely knows what it takes to win... I just think its asking a lot for a team to lose its ace and 3 position players and still win the conference. Not that it can't be done, I just think that tamu brings way too much back. They will probably win it with their pitching.

If history has showed us one thing, its that Childress can choke though. I don't think he will with this veteran team but it's possible. The new stadium will be nice though lol.

#11 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Augie definitely knows what it takes to win... I just think its asking a lot for a team to lose its ace and 3 position players and still win the conference. Not that it can't be done, I just think that tamu brings way too much back. They will probably win it with their pitching.

If history has showed us one thing, its that Childress can choke though. I don't think he will with this veteran team but it's possible. The new stadium will be nice though lol.

I have to agree. I can't remember Texas getting hit so bad with injuries, ect to start the season....may be too much to overcome. We shall see.

Even though Stafford was the staff ace and losing Cole Green and Jungmann to the draft, I still am less concerned about pitiching than I am hitting. Losing Walla and Moynihans bats really hurts on a team that doesn't score alot of runs. Should be interesting, but like I said I have faith in Augie to get it done.

If ever there was a year for another team to win the conference, this is it. A&M has been a disappointment(not so much for me lol) in recent years.

#12 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

OU plays baseball?
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

#13 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,833 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums with my snookems, Eagleborn.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

LSU has a strong squad, but if it is anything like last year, 75% of the SEC will be good too.

COME VOTE IN THE COLLEGE FORUMS TOP 10 EACH WEEK! THIS IS OUR USER POLL AND IT IS A GOOD TOPIC OF CONVERSATION. ALL BALLOTS NEED TO BE YOUR TOP 10 ONLY AND SENT TO ME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM)! DEADLINE WILL BE EVERY TUESDAY AT A RANDOM TIME... SO GET THEM TO ME ON MONDAY EACH WEEK! 

http://www.smoaky.co...howtopic=144539

#14 threejs

threejs

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, basketball, BBQ & Golf

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

I plan on making a couple of trips to LSU this season. Free tickets to that venue may be hard to turn down. (or it may be the S.Louisiana food)

I may even check out A&M a few times as well. The renovations to their stadium are looking good.

Texas should have no trouble finding someone to replace Walla's offensive production.
That awesome moment when you find people you know on the "jailbase" website.

#15 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,833 posts

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

I plan on making a couple of trips to LSU this season. Free tickets to that venue may be hard to turn down. (or it may be the S.Louisiana food)

I may even check out A&M a few times as well. The renovations to their stadium are looking good.

Texas should have no trouble finding someone to replace Walla's offensive production.

The upgrades to "The Box" are top notch. I took an unofficial tour on a trip to a football game, impressive, but also shocking it took so long to get them.

COME VOTE IN THE COLLEGE FORUMS TOP 10 EACH WEEK! THIS IS OUR USER POLL AND IT IS A GOOD TOPIC OF CONVERSATION. ALL BALLOTS NEED TO BE YOUR TOP 10 ONLY AND SENT TO ME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM)! DEADLINE WILL BE EVERY TUESDAY AT A RANDOM TIME... SO GET THEM TO ME ON MONDAY EACH WEEK! 

#16 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Bluebell Park is starting to look nice. Can't wait for it to be finished!

#17 OldSchool

OldSchool

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Augie will bunt his way to a good record. NCAA will give em a regional cause it makes money and is in the center of the country. Maybe get to supers, maybe World Series. Thats just the Texas way and the ball always goes their way, not dissing them, just saying. Them being Texas and Augie will be good for a good number of wins.

Read on texags where Rice has best pitching staff. They will get to regionals on their rep and cruddy conference.
Once A&M gets in SEC, wonder if the powers would rig the playoffs where Texas, A&M and Rice or a TCU or DBU could all get to the World Series. But TV wouldnt let that happen.
I dont qualify for a job with the Obama administration...I pay my taxes

#18 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Augie will bunt his way to a good record. NCAA will give em a regional cause it makes money and is in the center of the country. Maybe get to supers, maybe World Series. Thats just the Texas way and the ball always goes their way, not dissing them, just saying. Them being Texas and Augie will be good for a good number of wins.

Read on texags where Rice has best pitching staff. They will get to regionals on their rep and cruddy conference.
Once A&M gets in SEC, wonder if the powers would rig the playoffs where Texas, A&M and Rice or a TCU or DBU could all get to the World Series. But TV wouldnt let that happen.

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts in the history of SDC. Texas and Rice make regionals due to their quality play, and have the CWS appearances to justify those regionals. To say that Texas gets gifted NCAA berths is just plain ignorant and stupid. Good job Oldschool, you've earned your sign.

#19 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,833 posts

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts in the history of SDC. Texas and Rice make regionals due to their quality play, and have the CWS appearances to justify those regionals. To say that Texas gets gifted NCAA berths is just plain ignorant and stupid. Good job Oldschool, you've earned your sign.

I agree, he overlooks the fact that regionals are similar to bowl games where anyone that has a good or decent team gets in. Similar to football, The Horns "Down year" in baseball is better than most smaller school's good year.

#20 OldSchool

OldSchool

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

You havent paid attention to selection committee in the last couple of years. Sure Texas is good, but the baseball powers go a lot on rep alone, in the seedings unless you have a tremendous year of horrible one. Give you guys at least a back handed compliment, and you get your feelings hurt. Sorry.
I dont qualify for a job with the Obama administration...I pay my taxes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users