6 replies to this topic

#1 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

What's up with Hallsville not showing up to tournaments?

#2 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

What's up with Hallsville not showing up to tournaments?

They will be @ the Longview tournament.

#3 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

They will be @ the Longview tournament.

Didn't answer my question :huh: ...but ok. I'm assuming you are talking about the Eastman Tournament. The Longview tournament is at the end of March.

#4 LTD

LTD

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Didn't answer my question :huh: ...but ok. I'm assuming you are talking about the Eastman Tournament. The Longview tournament is at the end of March.

Hallsville made the decision to not take the risk of losing a tournament and adding another tournament.

#5 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hallsville made the decision to not take the risk of losing a tournament and adding another tournament.

So...just leave the tournament director having to make scratches on 10 entries, with some of them possibly being seeded spots? Nice. Let's see how fast they can not be invited back to a tournament.

#6 Bulldogtennis

Bulldogtennis

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

So...just leave the tournament director having to make scratches on 10 entries, with some of them possibly being seeded spots? Nice. Let's see how fast they can not be invited back to a tournament.

I don't know. You get paid by Hallsville, but then they don't show up. Sounds like a win-win situation to me! :rolleyes:

#7 NOWAWINNER

NOWAWINNER

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

I don't know. You get paid by Hallsville, but then they don't show up. Sounds like a win-win situation to me! :rolleyes:

It's actually not. The tournament director has to re-work the draw. Usually players are guaranteed 2 matches so when they get a bye the first round because of a scratch and then they lose the second round match, they have to go to the other side of the bracket and the director has to completely re-work that side of the draw. Actions like this will not get you invited back to tournaments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users