This adds a new dimension to hunting LOL
http://thetandd.com/...1871e3ce6c.html

#2 Five0pd310

Five0pd310

Smoakhouse Staff

• Administrators
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

The group's statements conflict each other. Did "several" shots ring out or was there one "small caliber" gunshot?
Five0pd310@suddenlink.net

#3 sackem

sackem

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

I thought maybe someone had recruited some illegal soccer players. Surely no one would be scouting soccer plays...

#4 Five0pd310

Five0pd310

Smoakhouse Staff

• Administrators
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

lol...I just realized he had put it in the soccer forum. Fixed.

#5 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

As 5-0 pointed out there are some discrepancies in this story. I don't see how it's legal to be able to have surveillance on someone else's private property without a court order. I looked up South Carolina's surveillance laws, and I would say that they are in violation of Code 16-17-470 : (2) "Surveillance" means secret observation of the activities of another person for the purpose of spying upon and invading the privacy of the person. The only provisions under the law are under these circumstances : (E) The provisions of subsection (A) do not apply to:

(1) viewing, photographing, videotaping, or filming by personnel of the Department of Corrections or of a county, municipal, or local jail or detention center or correctional facility for security purposes or during investigation of alleged misconduct by a person in the custody of the Department of Corrections or a county, municipal, or local jail or detention center or correctional facility;

(2) security surveillance for the purposes of decreasing or prosecuting theft, shoplifting, or other security surveillance measures in bona fide business establishments;

(3) any official law enforcement activities conducted pursuant to Section 16-17-480;

(4) private detectives and investigators conducting surveillance in the ordinary course of business; or

(5) any bona fide news gathering activities.

(F) In addition to any other punishment prescribed by this section or other provision of law, a person procuring photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, digital electronic files, or films in violation of this section shall immediately forfeit all items. These items must be destroyed when no longer required for evidentiary purposes.

Since this was a dove hunt, if I were a judge I would not say that it fits under (5), since it was a form of harassment for the private land owners. I know if I saw something like that or one of those Air Hogs Hawkeye spy copters hovering over my property it would be going down too.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#6 Five0pd310

Five0pd310

Smoakhouse Staff

• Administrators
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

Was it private land for sure? That's a good point, Dave.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users