Angels' Abreu: Play me every day or trade me

rattler88

http://espn.go.com/l...very-day-traded

Looks like another player is making demands when starting their whole career to be traded. Happens all the time. Looks like Young wasn't the only one feeling that way.

My problem -the people that bashed #10 for doing what he did last year, would have been the same people to quit their job or went to their boss VERY upset if they had a high role in their work place and then been told they are going to part time work from now on!

It is the athlete nature to be the best and want to do all you can to help reach that for themselves and the team.

Where do you think he will end up?

For reference I googled "Michael Young team player" and "Bobby Abreu team player". Michael Young got 158,000,000 hits and Abreu got 178,000 hits. MY has always been labeled the team player. Abreu hasn't. And yet neither act the part. A real team player doesn't demand a trade. Don't call yourself a team player and then ask for a trade. Hypocrite.

For reference I googled "Michael Young team player" and "Bobby Abreu team player". Michael Young got 158,000,000 hits and Abreu got 178,000 hits. MY has always been labeled the team player. Abreu hasn't. And yet neither act the part. A real team player doesn't demand a trade. Don't call yourself a team player and then ask for a trade. Hypocrite.
It's been apart of baseball since day one. Young and Abreu haven't been the first and won't be the last. It's not about "not" being a teammate. I bet all Bobby''s team still look at him as a team player just like ALL of Young teammates DID!!!!!!!! I cant stand the Angles but don't think anything less of what I do now of Abreu just because he likes playing. That is what he is- a player. He will get over it just like #10 did. to call someone not a team player at that level is funny. Now a Highschool or college player- heck yes!!!!!!!!!! but this is totally different, it's not during the season. Many of the greats at the end of their full playing days asked for trade. You and I haven't even heard of half of them because of media was different back then. Media is waiting for them every door they walk out. Back then the media was around half the time and that gave players time to think about what they should really say outloud.................I still don't know how you say you love the Rangers- you trash Young- say Hamilton and Murphy are bad outfielders because of WAR ect..... and trash the pitching staff....the only person I have seen you talk good about is Beltre........Being a Ranger fan and then calling Young the FACE of the Rangers out of spite and saying he doesnt act like a team player is a HYPOCRITE (would put other words but it would turn out like this *******************************;)

Players come and go, but I'll always root for the Rangers. I didn't make the argument that Hamilton or Murphy were bad outfielders. In fact, I stated that Hamilton was above average and Murphy was exceptional in right.

How can you make any arguememt, after you've already said that you were not interested in facts.....