Photo

Lake Travis and Longview on a collision course?

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#21 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Interests:Houston Texans season ticket holder
    Longview Lobos season ticket holder
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Controlling aircraft, via Houston Center

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

because Henderson come out of nowhere and now this guy who didnt do anything but play on the losing teams is allowed to say whatever he wants.

Pretty much.

I honestly don't remember this guy posting as frequently on Smoaky until Henderson started beating up on the little guys. Do any of you?

WP4L

#22 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Oh I am not and never claim to be. The difference is you go out of your way in any thread to boast how great the lobos are and how bad any other team thats not lview is.
FYI I get a certain joy of seeing Lview yearly playoff loss so this is not new my friend.

In the Kilgore thread, you called me a "troll" for picking Kilgore to win district(ooRufusoo is my witness). In the Tatum thread, you once again called me a "troll" because for giving Tatum props on being a winning program in multiple divisions, unlike Henderson.

I ask you, in any of those threads, where did I boast Longview?
WP4L

#23 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

In the Kilgore thread, you called me a "troll" for picking Kilgore to win district(ooRufusoo is my witness). In the Tatum thread, you once again called me a "troll" because for giving Tatum props on being a winning program in multiple divisions, unlike Henderson.

The only thread I have seen you troll in is John Tyler's but I can't cay anything because I went in there and did the same. hahaha Ain't that right VonG?

#24 manup2009

manup2009

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Oh look. The Henderson fan is back again. How quickly he forgets that henderson is a joke program who is only relevant because they got to play teams half their size. If winning a state titlegames were THAT satisfying, why has he been reduced to trolling other teams? What has longview done to get in his head? Why does he have a pathetic, bitter obsession with the Lobos to the point that he inevitably shows up with his posts that have little grammatical correctness to try and trash a program, saying things he's said millions of times before? Looks like that state championship didn't give him the validation he wanted, so he's seeking it elsewhere. He knows in his heart that Henderson is a joke and weren't even the best in their own district that year. In fact, didn't they get blown out by teams as they do every year?

#25 JR88

JR88

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I like all of the smack talk from Henderson. Too bad they can't ever schedule Longview because that would be a blood bath everytime. I'd like to see Henderson fight their way through the 5A playoff bracket. Oh wait, they never could in the 4A one.

Oops, sorry I'm trolling.

#26 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Oh look. The Henderson fan is back again. How quickly he forgets that henderson is a joke program who is only relevant because they got to play teams half their size. If winning a state titlegames were THAT satisfying, why has he been reduced to trolling other teams? What has longview done to get in his head? Why does he have a pathetic, bitter obsession with the Lobos to the point that he inevitably shows up with his posts that have little grammatical correctness to try and trash a program, saying things he's said millions of times before? Looks like that state championship didn't give him the validation he wanted, so he's seeking it elsewhere. He knows in his heart that Henderson is a joke and weren't even the best in their own district that year. In fact, didn't they get blown out by teams as they do every year?

Now that is a good question

#27 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I like all of the smack talk from Henderson. Too bad they can't ever schedule Longview because that would be a blood bath everytime. I'd like to see Henderson fight their way through the 5A playoff bracket. Oh wait, they never could in the 4A one.

Posted Image

#28 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

If you want to count a 5-5 season as a "winning" season you go right ahead. But I dont... so thats 7 losing season. Ill be on the edge about even a 6-5 season. Your last district championship was in 2000. Wow i can look up stats too. if you want to compare how great the lobos are your record doesnt even hold their jock. so no need for you to troll a thread in here.

Id love to see Longview and Travis again.

A lot of people want to see it happen again.

11 members returning on each team makes a big game. Back in 08' & 09', Longview was a bit one-dimensional offensively. LT's defense was ready for EVREY play. Granted Longview almost defeated them in 09', it didn't help in the end being one-dimensional.

King has made some MAJOR changes to the offense and we've been putting up big numbers since. He's installed a more spread oriented offense to go along with a no-huddle system.

As I said earlier, Longview has no room to look ahead, But i do see a GOOD game between these two in the future.

WP4L

#29 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Unfortunately.

Remember, Lion is the only one who can post in threads that aren't about his team.

WP4L

#30 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

And you are not going out of your way to come into Longview threads to remind us of how we choke????

.....Don't get me started.

Sad thing is, I don't remember a single Lobo poster calling Henderson "chokers" back when they were getting tossed around in the 4A leagues..

WP4L

#31 hithard

hithard

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

A lot of people want to see it happen again.

11 members returning on each team makes a big game. Back in 08' & 09', Longview was a bit one-dimensional offensively. LT's defense was ready for EVREY play. Granted Longview almost defeated them in 09', it didn't help in the end being one-dimensional.

King has made some MAJOR changes to the offense and we've been putting up big numbers since. He's installed a more spread oriented offense to go along with a no-huddle system.

As I said earlier, Longview has no room to look ahead, But i do see a GOOD game between these two in the future.

In '09, Johnson single handedly kept Longview in that game despite the game plan. In fact, his biggest plays were on broken plays. Johnson was an absolute gamer. The Longview defense has always been stout. You're right, the passing portion of the Longview is the key to a deep playoff run.

How's the O line going to be this year?

#32 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

How's the O line going to be this year?

Longview returns one starter on the O-line(two if you count the TE spot).

Current sophomore RG Vernon Hutchinson(6' 260) & current jr TE Colin Jeter(6'4 200).

The other 4 spots are vacant, but a couple of returning o-lineman saw a bit of playing time.

WP4L

#33 lobo1982

lobo1982

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

There is a reason coach King changed his mine on working in Henderson.
He likes to win every year. Only the strong survive baby.

#34 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,660 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Pretty much.

I honestly don't remember this guy posting as frequently on Smoaky until Henderson started beating up on the little guys. Do any of you?

Been around since 2002 catch a clue.

#35 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,660 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

.....Don't get me started.

Sad thing is, I don't remember a single Lobo poster calling Henderson "chokers" back when they were getting tossed around in the 4A leagues..

henderson didn't boast how good they were like lvie. Well in 4a lol.

#36 lobo1982

lobo1982

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

henderson didn't boast how good they were like lvie. Well in 4a lol.

Dude, you have been rubbing that trophy in our face since you won it.
Thats why us Longview boys stick together.

#37 32dive

32dive

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Knock Knock! May I borrow some sugar?

It's never WHO!
It's always HOW!

Some team's chances
are greater than others.

Can't win them all
unless you win them all.

Anytime you put on that uniform
it's time to compete.

You practice to learn HOW to play.
You play to learn HOW to practice.

Winners have heart.
Champions are heartless.

#38 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,660 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Didn't say you were a troll in this thread of Longview naive maybe, clueless def , but thats the homer in you.

#39 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,660 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Dude, you have been rubbing that trophy in our face since you won it.
Thats why us Longview boys stick together.

Reading now a strong point for you. 3a yes 4a not so much the expectations for henderson was too make the playoffs and make a run for district. 2010 is when State came into play. We hear every year how great the great lobos are and what do they do come playoff time. Yes thats what I thought!

#40 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,660 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Unfortunately.

Remember, Lion is the only one who can post in threads that aren't about his team.

the thread about Longview your the one making it about henderson feel free to post. Even if its clueless you can still post wolfie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users