Photo

Lake Travis and Longview on a collision course?

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#161 LoboFan07

LoboFan07

Heart of the Stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,022 posts
  • Interests:Stars Season Ticket Holder
    Fan Of -
    Dallas Stars (Since '95)
    Arsenal FC (Since '07)
    Alabama Crimson Tide (Since '05)
    Kentucky Wildcats (Since '88)
    SMU Mustangs (Since '88)
    Longview Lobos (Since '88)

RIP Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs (1997-2011)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Let me break down for you.

Longview TheGood program a winner best team around

The Bad Always Loses in the Playoffs its a fact face it until proven other wise.

The Ugly Lets not kid ourself the very metion of Henderson or Dfield is funny cause thats all you come back with.

1) No one ever says Longview is the best team around. I think it's pretty hard to argue they've been the best 5A/4A school in the area the past 7 or 8 seasons. Every single thing is there to back it up. All you do is go around and throw "75 years" in our face despite the fact.

2) Yes. We've long established the Lobos are the Boston Red Sox of Texas Football. It's all you have to try and poke at the Lobo fan base.

3) What do I come back with? Where have I ever mentioned either one of them? I don't care about Daingerfield...and I sure as hell don't care about Henderson. I respect Daingerfield a helluva lot more than Henderson though. They've at least been there time and time again. Henderson had a lucky season and their fans (mainly you) act like they should be treated and respected as if their entire history is similar to Daingerfield's.

Alabama Crimson Tide | SMU Mustangs | Kentucky Wildcats | Dallas Stars | Arsenal FC | Blyth AFC

LONGVIEW LOBO HISTORY

THE LONGVIEW LOBOS
1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS
1997 5A Division I - 2008 4A Division I - 2009 4A Division I State Finalist
1947, 1975, 2010 State Semi-Finalist
1940, 1986, 1996, 2002, 2007 State Quarterfinalist
2004, 2011, 2012, 2013 Regional Finalist
1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 2001, 2006 Area Finalist

1927 Bi-District Champions
1924, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1942, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1992, 2003, 2005 Bi-District Finalists
1924, 1927, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1947, 1958, 1959, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1985,
1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 District Champions

#162 Pack007

Pack007

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Thats fair to say there aren't sucessful and one of the best programs is foolish. You will never find a post from me saying otherwise. They also have tradition thats SLC,Trinty,Katy can't boast about either. The reasoning they try to compare smaller schools is that their reaching a bit to degrate a smaller program. Its kinda sad if you ask me.

I wouldn't go that far. I think Trinity was successful in the 90's too, they just had to play some tough Plano and Lewisville schools I think. Also katy and SLC has been winning titles for a long time. SLC won a few titles in 3A and Katy won one against Lv in 97 and another one before that back in 59, so those schools do have some great tradition too.

LSU
Lufkin Panthers
2001 5A DIVISION II State Champs

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

#163 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

1) No one ever says Longview is the best team around. I think it's pretty hard to argue they've been the best 5A/4A school in the area the past 7 or 8 seasons. Every single thing is there to back it up. All you do is go around and throw "75 years" in our face despite the fact.

2) Yes. We've long established the Lobos are the Boston Red Sox of Texas Football. It's all you have to try and poke at the Lobo fan base.

3) What do I come back with? Where have I ever mentioned either one of them? I don't care about Daingerfield...and I sure as hell don't care about Henderson. I respect Daingerfield a helluva lot more than Henderson though. They've at least been there time and time again. Henderson had a lucky season and their fans (mainly you) act like they should be treated and respected as if their entire history is similar to Daingerfield's.

Ok

1. Thats cute & no one ever said Longview was was not a good program with lots of history that happens to fade in the clutch.

2. Again thats all you need its all about the rings not 2nd place.

3. You have mention henderson so again quit making stuff up. Yes Henderson had a couple a good years but 7 losing seasons is not that bad since 68. I have never compared henderson to sucess but they have earned that respect this couple of years and you can't argue that. 24-5 and championships is pretty good.

#164 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I wouldn't go that far. I think Trinity was successful in the 90's too, they just had to play some tough Plano and Lewisville schools I think. Also katy and SLC has been winning titles for a long time. SLC won a few titles in 3A and Katy won one against Lv in 97 and another one before that back in 59, so those schools do have some great tradition too.

I am not sure you understood my post Like the schools abouve longview has been a contender with lots of sucess. They also have endured heartbreak every year that those schools have not.

#165 ooRufusoo

ooRufusoo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Ok

1. Thats cute & know ever said Longview was was not a good program with lots of history that happens to fade in the clutch.

2. Again thats all you need its all about the rings not 2nd place.

3. You have mention henderson so again quit making stuff up. Yes Henderson had a couple a good years but 7 losing seasons is not that bad since 68. I have never compared henderson to sucess but they have earned that respect this couple of years and you can't argue that. 24-5 and championships is pretty good.

So after moving to 3a you have had success? Right?

#166 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

So after moving to 3a you have had success? Right?

Yes but its not like we didn't have a talented team. Enrollment doesn't = wins. You will find out lol.

#167 gtee2

gtee2

Longview Lobos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

75 years and counting.... There not the best.

henderson lions won '10 state crown but the real truth is when smoaky.com talks best east texas football teams...henderson lions r still IRREVELANT to the conversation. Lobos...wit their "75 years and counting" are always in that discussion. And thats eats away at "lion" that longview gets a little love even wit no championships('37 I dont really consider) and henderson one year removed from one an still no respect. I can prolly think of 20 teams that come to mind when my circle talks east texs football and henderson is not one if them. Lion sees another playoffs loss for Lobos...maybe and prolly but I see the norm for henderson...back to your 4-6 3-7 seasons. 15 minutes are up.
...GOOD AS THE BEST OF THEM...BAD AS THE WORST...

#168 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

henderson lions won '10 state crown but the real truth is when smoaky.com talks best east texas football teams...henderson lions r still IRREVELANT to the conversation. Lobos...wit their "75 years and counting" are always in that discussion. And thats eats away at "lion" that longview gets a little love even wit no championships('37 I dont really consider) and henderson one year removed from one an still no respect. I can prolly think of 20 teams that come to mind when my circle talks east texs football and henderson is not one if them. Lion sees another playoffs loss for Lobos...maybe and prolly but I see the norm for henderson...back to your 4-6 3-7 seasons. 15 minutes are up.

wow somebody sounds a we bit jealous or bitter that Longview and Jt recently loses when it counts. Henderson is good team right now so face facts.

By the way because of their district henderson will be lucky to make the playoffs.

#169 ooRufusoo

ooRufusoo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

wow somebody sounds a we bit jealous or bitter that Longview and Jt recently loses when it counts. Henderson is good team right now so face facts.

By the way because of their district henderson will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Here we go again... Excuses excuses... Don't blame it on the district either you are good or you aren't... Longview has been in tough districts before

#170 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Here we go again... Excuses excuses... Don't blame it on the district either you are good or you aren't... Longview has been in tough districts before

Just stating the obvious I mean we have to replace lot of guys and yes no one will go undefeated in district. Listen I never said Longview was not any good quite the opposite .

#171 coachc45

coachc45

General Manager

• Coaches
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

#### dude....where did JT get thrown in this convo.... 3 State title to Henderson's 1? Plus if recent past is all that counts, Henderson lost in the 4th round last year, JT in the 5th.... looks like Henderson is no better off than JT, Longview, or any other team that didn't win state.

#172 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,295 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

#### dude....where did JT get thrown in this convo.... 3 State title to Henderson's 1? Plus if recent past is all that counts, Henderson lost in the 4th round last year, JT in the 5th.... looks like Henderson is no better off than JT, Longview, or any other team that didn't win state.

My point exactly don't imply your the best when clearly you aren't . Ps take the emotion out and chill. He was a fan of JT thats the reasoning behind the post.

Also you never find a post where I think henderson is better than JT or Longview so pls don't make that up.

#173 GloryBound

GloryBound

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  • Interests:My four, now five, now six granddaugthers, and, first grandson, and if I have any time left ......Crappie fishing and white tail deer hunting.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

I am not sure you understood my post Like the schools abouve longview has been a contender with lots of sucess. They also have endured heartbreak every year that those schools have not.

Honestly, Lion70, I'm not sure many people do understand your posts. It's not that they don't want to, it's that they either read like you are illiterate, or, if they can be understood, you berate every program in ETexas besides the Henderson Lions. In other words, you are a complete jerk.

#174 32dive

32dive

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

My point exactly don't imply your the best when clearly you aren't . Ps take the emotion out and chill. He was a fan of JT thats the reasoning behind the post.

Also you never find a post where I think henderson is better than JT or Longview so pls don't make that up.

I think you were trying to slip a shot in at JT. You replied with a comment about JT to a Lobo fan but that's cool. As of now, it is true that JT has only won it all while climbing in classification. Maybe one day JT will conform to your idea of good.

It's never WHO!
It's always HOW!

Some team's chances
are greater than others.

Can't win them all
unless you win them all.

Anytime you put on that uniform
it's time to compete.

You practice to learn HOW to play.
You play to learn HOW to practice.

Winners have heart.
Champions are heartless.

#175 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Good stuff guys. Lol

#176 farmerfan

farmerfan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Good stuff guys. Lol

+1

#177 farmerfan

farmerfan

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Based on some of the preliminary rosters, expectations and possible outcomes...the possibility of hooking up for Round 3 in 6 years would be epic.

Anyone else care to see this matchup?

Been there. Done that.

#178 Leroy91

Leroy91

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

OK gentlemen:
1. The LOBO/TRAVIS rematch has many speed bumps along the way and is no lock to happen.
2. We need to worry about the teams that will be lining up against the LOBOS on a weekly base, one week at a time.
3. IF the LOBOS were to ever line-up against Henderson or Dangerfield, we know what the outcome would be, and if there is someone who is in denial, THE LOBOS would win hands down. So, with that being said we as EAST TEXANS need to kill this #### and get together and support what greatness of football that is produced year in and year out he in the EAST TEXAS AREA. If you have not noticed no one is knocking down the doors wanting to come play ball in EAST TEXAS, not just LONGVIEW, but EAST TEXAS. Wake up and realize how we all are lucky to have GREAT programs to support because as we sit at the TOP, the wheels can fall off; just take a look at the MOJO's of the world when was the last time someone spoke of that historic football region? Thanks, and you don't know the answer either.
4. By the way I am a LOBO for life and have a son that plays for MESQUITE HORN, but I know what part of TEXAS has the best football and some of you in this forum need to wake-up and smell the PINEY-WOODS and get off this LONGVIEW/HENDERSON/DANGERFIELD #### and be thankful that on Friday nights the best football is played in EAST TEXAS.

#179 pablodix

pablodix

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

OK gentlemen:
1. The LOBO/TRAVIS rematch has many speed bumps along the way and is no lock to happen.
2. We need to worry about the teams that will be lining up against the LOBOS on a weekly base, one week at a time.
3. IF the LOBOS were to ever line-up against Henderson or Dangerfield, we know what the outcome would be, and if there is someone who is in denial, THE LOBOS would win hands down. So, with that being said we as EAST TEXANS need to kill this #### and get together and support what greatness of football that is produced year in and year out he in the EAST TEXAS AREA. If you have not noticed no one is knocking down the doors wanting to come play ball in EAST TEXAS, not just LONGVIEW, but EAST TEXAS. Wake up and realize how we all are lucky to have GREAT programs to support because as we sit at the TOP, the wheels can fall off; just take a look at the MOJO's of the world when was the last time someone spoke of that historic football region? Thanks, and you don't know the answer either.
4. By the way I am a LOBO for life and have a son that plays for MESQUITE HORN, but I know what part of TEXAS has the best football and some of you in this forum need to wake-up and smell the PINEY-WOODS and get off this LONGVIEW/HENDERSON/DANGERFIELD #### and be thankful that on Friday nights the best football is played in EAST TEXAS.

Well Said

#180 hithard

hithard

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Been there. Done that.

I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users