Photo

Lake Travis and Longview on a collision course?

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#1 hithard

hithard

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Based on some of the preliminary rosters, expectations and possible outcomes...the possibility of hooking up for Round 3 in 6 years would be epic.

Anyone else care to see this matchup?

#2 Eagle8

Eagle8

Backwata Balla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Based on some of the preliminary rosters, expectations and possible outcomes...the possibility of hooking up for Round 3 in 6 years would be epic.

Anyone else care to see this matchup?

Why? Hasnt turned out all that well for East Texas in that match up....but Longview could be due up for a win over them.

#3 hithard

hithard

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Why? Hasnt turned out all that well for East Texas in that match up

Longview seems to have found a better passing game which seems to have been a missing component in the past. It sounds like the have a strong core group returning and some solid sub varsity players to fill in. LT returns 11 starters and will need to fill in a mostly depleted defense.

The previous 2 meetings were physical games...I think both teams would welcome that same intensity...one more time!

#4 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Interests:Houston Texans season ticket holder
    Longview Lobos season ticket holder
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Controlling aircraft, via Houston Center

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Longview seems to have found a better passing game which seems to have been a missing component in the past. It sounds like the have a strong core group returning and some solid sub varsity players to fill in. LT returns 11 starters and will need to fill in a mostly depleted defense.

The previous 2 meetings were physical games...I think both teams would welcome that same intensity...one more time!

Same story out at Longview(8 on defense & 3 on offense) Although one of the returning starters on defense could be making the move to wideout.

The two teams would meet up in the quarters, rather than the regionals. Me personally won't look ahead to that game because the first three rounds of potential matchups for Longview is critical. We'll have to face a Garland school in bi-district, with Lufkin & other big names out there.

LT fans can feel free to look ahead, because I honestly don't see them being challenged until regionals.

5A D2 Region 2 WILL BE the toughest region in the state the next two years.

WP4L

#5 hithard

hithard

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

Same story out at Longview(8 on defense & 3 on offense) Although one of the returning starters on defense could be making the move to wideout.

The two teams would meet up in the quarters, rather than the regionals. Me personally won't look ahead to that game because the first three rounds of potential matchups for Longview is critical. We'll have to face a Garland school in bi-district, with Lufkin & other big names out there.

LT fans can feel free to look ahead, because I honestly don't see them being challenged until regionals.

Agreed. LT fans may look ahead to whatever game...players are looking at heading down to Judson week 0. I think fans and players are looking forward to playing new teams and in a different region.

#6 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,701 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Different teams different regions same result = playoff Loss

#7 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,701 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

With the longview history the chokebos can't afford to look past anyone. I hope the players aren't as foolish as some of their fans.

#8 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

....different regions? They're both Region 2..
WP4L

#9 ooRufusoo

ooRufusoo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

funny how you call people out for trolling.... and now look at you go.

#10 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,701 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

funny how you call people out for trolling.... and now look at you go.

This thread about Longview and I am free to post on any thread so nice try.

#11 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

This thread about Longview and I am free to post on any thread so nice try.

Let me get this straight.

You can post anywhere, but when someone else post anywhere that isn't a thread about their team, it's trolling? That's fine. I just have one question.

What makes you so much better than everyone else on Smoaky?
WP4L

#12 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

You guys are funny. Lol

#13 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,701 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

You can post anywhere, but when someone else post anywhere that isn't a thread about their team, it's trolling? That's fine. I just have one question.

Oh I am not and never claim to be. The difference is you go out of your way in any thread to boast how great the lobos are and how bad any other team thats not lview is.
FYI I get a certain joy of seeing Lview yearly playoff loss so this is not new my friend.

#14 ooRufusoo

ooRufusoo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

because Henderson come out of nowhere and now this guy who didnt do anything but play on the losing teams is allowed to say whatever he wants.

#15 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,701 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

because Henderson come out of nowhere and now this guy who didnt do anything but play on the losing teams is allowed to say whatever he wants.

I don't remember playing on a losing team lol again nice try. Please don't act like kilgore didn't go 4-6 in 2010. All teams go through a losing season henderson has just had 5 in the 2000s. You too can feel free to post just like me.

#16 pablodix

pablodix

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

+1000

#17 ooRufusoo

ooRufusoo

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

I don't remember playing on a losing team lol again nice try. Please don't act like kilgore didn't go 4-6 in 2010. All teams go through a losing season henderson has just had 5 in the 2000s. You too can feel free to post just like me.

If you want to count a 5-5 season as a "winning" season you go right ahead. But I dont... so thats 7 losing season. Ill be on the edge about even a 6-5 season. Your last district championship was in 2000. Wow i can look up stats too. if you want to compare how great the lobos are your record doesnt even hold their jock. so no need for you to troll a thread in here.

Id love to see Longview and Travis again.

#18 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,701 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

If you want to count a 5-5 season as a "winning" season you go right ahead. But I dont... so thats 7 losing season. Ill be on the edge about even a 6-5 season. Your last district championship was in 2000. Wow i can look up stats too. if you want to compare how great the lobos are your record doesnt even hold their jock. so no need for you to troll a thread in here.

Id love to see Longview and Travis again.

ok like or not 5-5 still non losing. No one in their right mind denies Longview has a great program. They have many sucessful seasons,district champions, but lose when it counts. I got 75 years thats says so. I am just looking forward to their next loss. Its far and far in between but we all know when it will happen ( DeC) book it.
Before you say it I know Longview has gotten a better history & wins than henderson.

#19 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Oh I am not and never claim to be. The difference is you go out of your way in any thread to boast how great the lobos are and how bad any other team thats not lview is.
FYI I get a certain joy of seeing Lview yearly playoff loss so this is not new my friend.

And you are not going out of your way to come into Longview threads to remind us of how we choke????

#20 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

They got to make it out of the first round before anything Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users