23 replies to this topic

#1 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Is it safe to say the Cowboys got lucky to play the Bills in 2 of their SB wins? The Bills made it 4 in a row and lost every single one. Just tired of reading nonsense about certain teams winning SBs so thought I'd dish some back.

History will say this Bills team is the most underachieving team in history. So IMO having won 2 against then is lucky. It's kind of like the Wolverines winning the Sugar Bowl. Did they win.....Yeah, BUT they played a worthless VT team. Lol.

#2 badblackcat

badblackcat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:I woke up, and here I was.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

Is it safe to say the Cowboys got lucky to play the Bills in 2 of their SB wins? The Bills made it 4 in a row and lost every single one. Just tired of reading nonsense about certain teams winning SBs so thought I'd dish some back.

History will say this Bills team is the most underachieving team in history. So IMO having won 2 against then is lucky. It's kind of like the Wolverines winning the Sugar Bowl. Did they win.....Yeah, BUT they played a worthless VT team. Lol.

As your teacher would say....show your work. State your premises and make rational deductions.

#3 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

As your teacher would say....show your work. State your premises and make rational deductions.

0-4 in SBs. I think that's all you need to know.

#4 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

They are the #1 choke artist of all time IMO and many more. Maybe had the Cowboys played a real team they wouldn't have two extra SBs.
http://espn.go.com/p...ers/chokes.html

#5 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,696 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

They are the #1 choke artist of all time IMO and many more. Maybe had the Cowboys played a real team they wouldn't have two extra SBs.

Your underestimating how good they were.

Choke artists
1. Bills ( NFL)
2. OU ND ( lou holts lol) ( College)
3. Longview (highschool)

#6 goldandwhite

goldandwhite

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Your Giants beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, and it took the Bills kicker missing the winning field goal for them to do it. If the Cowboys were lucky to play the Bills twice, the Giants were REALLY lucky to have played them once, because they barely beat the "choke artists" Bills while the Cowboys dominated them.

#7 footballfan11

footballfan11

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Your Giants beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, and it took the Bills kicker missing the winning field goal for them to do it. If the Cowboys were lucky to play the Bills twice, the Giants were REALLY lucky to have played them once, because they barely beat the "choke artists" Bills while the Cowboys dominated them.

Posted Image

OUCH!!!!

#8 badblackcat

badblackcat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:I woke up, and here I was.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

0-4 in SBs. I think that's all you need to know.

This is not much of a conclusion. No deductive or inductive reasoning, a thinly veiled premise that you are only echoing from an ESPN column. This seems to be more for trolling purposes than any actual debate or intellectual pursuit.

It is pure circular reasoning, in which you chase your own tail. You don't even attempt any historical context. Someone else will have to do the research to disprove your hasty conclusion, only for you to cover your ears and shout more circular logic.

#9 BigRedBear

BigRedBear

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Baylor Bears, Texas Rangers, Kilgore Bulldogs, FC Dallas, World Cup and anything else sports related.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

The Giants got a SB win off that team..."Wide Right"
"All I can say, it's about motivation. You never want to feel like everybody thinks you're a sure thing in life because it can rob you of your motivation to go out and get better." -Robert Griffin III

#10 Rhino2K

Rhino2K

Smoakhouse Bouncer

• Administrators
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Maybe the Bills had a great team that was beaten by a better team during those years. I remember the NFC dominating the AFC during that time.
Care to keep up with the Cowboys?? Check out www.smoaky.com/cowboys to see "Smoaky's Cowboy Blog" for training camp, news, and interviews by podcast within the next day---and pictures as well.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the monthly maintenance costs, or help with all of the recent smoaky.com upgrades can now do so! Please see the bottom of any of the Smoaky.com, smoaky.com HS Stats and Records and Smoakhouse Forums pages for contribution buttons! You may use PayPal or your own choice of credit card.

Contributions are not required but are greatly appreciated!

#11 68Hornet

68Hornet

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Those four Buffalo teams were great teams. The 1992 Dallas Cowboys were arguably the most talented NFL team ever. They lost half the team over the next two years to free agency which destroyed the Cowboys' depth. Just don't understand someone who doesn't recognize the greatness of the Bills. Their third and fourth appearance were bad, but the first two could have easily been victories.

#12 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,696 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

We trounced them, your big tuna had to win with this :
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#13 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Im not really going to argue my point. I just want to sound idiotic as some do talking about the Giants all the time. I figured I would talk out my #### also from time to time.

#14 spacegolfer

spacegolfer

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Im not really going to argue my point. I just want to sound idiotic as some do talking about the Giants all the time. I figured I would talk out my #### also from time to time.

Just watch how I do it and you will learn quickly!Posted Image

Mark 11:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."
David Brinkley

Perspective instantiates reality.....

#15 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Just watch how I do it and you will learn quickly!Posted Image

You proved your point unclejohn....... You got to admit I did give props to your giants even though it hurt sooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!

We all talk out that end sometimes in fun.....or just!!!

#16 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

I would rather be lucky then good
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#17 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

No disrespect, but how stupid is this thread!!!

Seriously, if you don't like the Cowboys, fine. But this thread is seriously stupid. I mean, I could say how lucky were the Giants to play the Patriots. How lucky were the Packers to play the Steelers. How lucky were the Steelers to play the Cardinals or the Seahawks (seriously, those are both actually true!).

But to say the Cowboys were lucky to play the Bill 2 times....STUPID!!!!!

Bills made the SB 4 years straight, CLEARLY they were the best team in the AFC.
Not to mention, the SB isn't a college bowl. You actually have to play other great teams to get to the SB. And in Dallas' case, they played Philly, SF, GB, SF, Philly, GB, and then in their 3rd SB...Pitt.

The entire reason for this thread is to somehow (which seems to only make sense to the originator) discredit the Cowboys just because they WON!!!! That doesn't seem just a bit stupid to you???

#18 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

No disrespect, but how stupid is this thread!!!

Seriously, if you don't like the Cowboys, fine. But this thread is seriously stupid. I mean, I could say how lucky were the Giants to play the Patriots. How lucky were the Packers to play the Steelers. How lucky were the Steelers to play the Cardinals or the Seahawks (seriously, those are both actually true!).

But to say the Cowboys were lucky to play the Bill 2 times....STUPID!!!!!

Bills made the SB 4 years straight, CLEARLY they were the best team in the AFC.
Not to mention, the SB isn't a college bowl. You actually have to play other great teams to get to the SB. And in Dallas' case, they played Philly, SF, GB, SF, Philly, GB, and then in their 3rd SB...Pitt.

The entire reason for this thread is to somehow (which seems to only make sense to the originator) discredit the Cowboys just because they WON!!!! That doesn't seem just a bit stupid to you???

I wish all/some Cowboy fans are as smart as you my friend.

#19 TxBroadcaster

TxBroadcaster

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

No they were not lucky..they throttled the 2nd best team in the NFL the Niners both years.

I read somewhere once Dallas had like a 65% winning % agianst play-off team from 92-95

sad thing is the 94 team was probably the most well rounded deepest team of that run.
Listen Each Week Sideline To Sideline http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255035

#20 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,696 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I think your underestimating how good the cowboys were. I could say chapel hill was lucky enough to play Alvarado for state opposed to henderson. You would see the 2 time 3a Champs LMBO, or any team lucky enough to play (good) ND gets an automatic win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users