Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

http://www.wnd.com/2...ter-teen-prank/

Only in Liberal Americawould these men get arrested

SHALIMAR, Fla. – When people think of winter golfing in Florida, they often think of a calm, restful experience enjoying the lush, green scenery and balmy breezes of the Sunshine State.

Ads by GoogleWhat usually does not come to mind is a sudden blast from an air horn by mischief-minded teenagers.

But such a situation took place over the weekend, prompting a pair of elderly golfers to go ballistic with a metal golf-ball finder.

According to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, Ronald Richardson and Donald Nieto, both 71, were teeing off at the ninth hole at the Shalimar Pointe Country Club when four teens disturbed their Saturday by blasting a loud air horn.

Posted ImageAn air horn like this was used to disturb golfers at the Shalimar Pointe Country Club in Florida.

Richardson told officers he and Nieto went to approach the teenagers, but the boys ran away.

The Northwest Florida Daily News says one of the teens, age 15, finally came back to retrieve a jacket he had left behind.

Upon his return, the two men reacted in a way reminiscent of the classic scene from the golfing movie “Happy Gilmore” where Bob Barker unloads a severe beating on the ornery character played by Adam Sandler.

The sheriff’s report says the golfers “responded by striking [the teenager] with the golf-ball finder to keep him from being able to pick up his jacket.”

Video of the incident was played on the air by WEAR-TV, the ABC affiliate in Pensacola, Fla.

Posted ImageGolfers Donald Nieto and Ronald Richardson arrested in Okaloosa County, Fla.

Richardson fessed up to pummeling the boy three or four times on “his back side area … and maybe on his arm,” but also admitted the boy didn’t threaten him or make him feel endangered. The teen was reportedly not hurt seriously.

The arrest report says Nieto originally denied hitting the boy with the golf-ball retriever, but that was until he was shown video of the mayhem captured by another one of the teens at the location.

Deputies shared the video with the general manager of Shalimar Pointe to help identify Richardson and Nieto.

The golfers were arrested and face child-abuse charges for their actions.

“I would be very upset if another adult lashed out at my kid with a weapon,” nearby resident Minora Mixon told WEAR.

But she added, “I would like to see maybe charges dropped, but yet maybe have them do some community service.”

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#2 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

These were golf ball retrievers not golf clubs or aluminum bats, the stupid kid shouldn't have blown his air horn, and he should have waited to go back for his jacket. The kid deserved his whipping, but he's crying and the law is probably on his side.

This case in Ft. Worth sounds a lot worse : http://www.golfchann...laying-through/
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#3 c-train

c-train

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

I think all the kids should have been whipped with the ball retiever. "Mess with the bull, get the horns!!!!"
"It is better to have people THINK you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!"

#4 PGHawkfan

PGHawkfan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:East Texas High School sports, SEC Football

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Puuuhhhlease! The boy got what was coming to him. I also believe that Dad should have taken an #### whooping too. Just my 2 cents tho!

#5 doomer

doomer

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Interests:red bones
    Thompson arms
    C-4, customs protocal

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Im thickn that the &^%($#@ shoulda &^$#@* inhiz ^%$(*@!) then the %^^&$#@* woulduf thaght abowt it nex tyme. Tru storie.

#6 ThatPeaceDude

ThatPeaceDude

Pro Peace Provacateur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts
  • Interests:"edibles" and "herbs"

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

“I would be very upset if another adult lashed out at my kid with a weapon,” nearby resident Minora Mixon told WEAR.

But she added, “I would like to see maybe charges dropped, but yet maybe have them do some community service.”

Weapon? Are you kidding me?

Yes, drop the charges on the the men, and make the teens do community service for elderly abuse - these septuagenarians probably had their hearing aids turned all the way up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users