101 replies to this topic

#41 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

rattler... that was my bad. I got you totally mixed up with buckeye...

As for the Saints making themselves look bad... there are different things teams and organizations do to motivate and give them a "competitive edge." I don't think that the Saints did themselves any favors by doing this because I feel like they have missed some "big plays" by going for "big hits". Gregg Williams was a gambler... he blitzed 3/4 of the time and left receivers wide open way too often for my liking.

On top of all of this, I am afraid that we will be missing our head coach/OC for at least 3-4 games and possibly some players that more than likely start on defense.

Now you have to rationalize some of this mess. Players are motivated by 2 things these days (the majority of them)... (1) Money, and (2) Championships.... Extra money for a big hit on Brett Favre? I'm game.

It's the part that was left out of the program... which is the use of the word "legal"

I really was proud to be a NFL fan during Brees and his town with their Championship Run!!! They did it with class and really brought that town something to be proud of. I don't think this should take anything away from that!!!!!!!!!! The Cowboys did so dumb stuff also during the super bowls............ the white house, etc.

I just have a problem with players and coaches- buddy ryan, giants saying they were trying to give him four more concussions, and to put someone on a cart. Football is the best sport there is and to be able to run on the grass and do what you love is special, and for someone or a Coach to try to take that away from you is no FOOTBALL. I will tell the reason I am so passionate about it Mavgrad99..... The hardest time I was ever hit was in Highschool- never saw it coming, got snotbubbles from that Sr. and I got up and went back to the huddle, never said a word- thats football............. In college my sr. year- having a great game and the first play of overtime while being tackled an outside LB came in and dove straight for my exposed knee................ lying on the ground I look up and he was throwing up out of his helmet. My leg was broken in four places with compound of both lower bones. He came to the Hospital with tears the next day saying he would never play football again. I told him it happens and he shouldn't give it up. Luckly he stuck with it and was on a National Championship team two years later. The head coach told me that same day he told them to take me out of the game when we went into overtime but he didn't mean like that. He said he didn't mean to take football away from me forever...........

My point is just hit anyone as hard as you can- if they go down because of a good hit so be it, but to TRY to put them in a cart or in a ER room is wrong- not just because it happened to me. My livelyhood was not depended on football....................just my love for it!!!!

#42 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,572 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

I really was proud to be a NFL fan during Brees and his town with their Championship Run!!! They did it with class and really brought that town something to be proud of. I don't think this should take anything away from that!!!!!!!!!! The Cowboys did so dumb stuff also during the super bowls............ the white house, etc.

I just have a problem with players and coaches- buddy ryan, giants saying they were trying to give him four more concussions, and to put someone on a cart. Football is the best sport there is and to be able to run on the grass and do what you love is special, and for someone or a Coach to try to take that away from you is no FOOTBALL. I will tell the reason I am so passionate about it Mavgrad99..... The hardest time I was ever hit was in Highschool- never saw it coming, got snotbubbles for that Sr. and I got up and went back to the huddle, never said a word- thats football............. In college my sr. year- having a great game and the first play of overtime while being tackled an outside LB came in and dove straight for my exposed knee................ lying on the ground I look up and he was throwing up out of his helmet. My leg was broken in four places with compound of both lower bones. He came to the Hospital with tears the next day saying he would never play football again. I told him it happens and he shouldn't give it up. Luckly he stuck with it and was on a National Championship team two years later. The head coach told me that same day he told them to take me out of the game when we went into overtime but he didn't mean like that. He said he didn't mean to take football away from me forever...........

My point is just hit anyone as hard as you can- if they go down because of a good hit so be it, but to TRY to put them in a cart or in a ER room is wrong- not just because it happened to me. My livelyhood was not depended on football....................just my love for it!!!!

I get you completely. I would be on the other end of that as the guy standing on the sideline and seeing the dirty hit. Then having to tell you a couple days later with your Ortho-surgeon that "we can rehabilitate your injury, but you will never play again." It stinks and as I enjoy being an athletic trainer and working with injuries, I really hate treating injuries that something dirty or something stupid happened to cause the injury. If I were the Saints' athletic trainer during all of this, I would be a little sick to my stomach when I had to face the Vikings or Colts Athletic trainer, whether I knew about the bounty system or not.

#43 buckeyefan1984

buckeyefan1984

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

rattler... that was my bad. I got you totally mixed up with buckeye...

As for the Saints making themselves look bad... there are different things teams and organizations do to motivate and give them a "competitive edge." I don't think that the Saints did themselves any favors by doing this because I feel like they have missed some "big plays" by going for "big hits". Gregg Williams was a gambler... he blitzed 3/4 of the time and left receivers wide open way too often for my liking.

On top of all of this, I am afraid that we will be missing our head coach/OC for at least 3-4 games and possibly some players that more than likely start on defense.

Now you have to rationalize some of this mess. Players are motivated by 2 things these days (the majority of them)... (1) Money, and (2) Championships.... Extra money for a big hit on Brett Favre? I'm game.

It's the part that was left out of the program... which is the use of the word "legal"

Umm, and which buckeye are you talking about? If you're talking about me, then you're sadly mistaken because I haven't even posted on this thread. But if you are bringing me into this thread, then I'll leave you with this parting thought.

The 2009 Saints will forever have an asterisk attached to their "only" Super Bowl. Have fun with that.

A 2009 Super Bowl victory that will forever be questioned....

A quarterback who is highly ticked off....

A guard who says pay me or I'm gone...

A wide receiver who now wants to get paid...

And a new DC who is going to gut the Saints defense for "his" guys.

Oh yes, and by the way, a cheap owner by the name of Tom Benson.

You know, I think you would have been better off leaving me out of this. But since you didn't.....

Have fun in 2012.
Official Campaign Debate Writer as appointed by President and Commander-in-Chief of Buckeye Nation AnOldBuckeye because...

YES WE DID!!!

2009 3A Div. I State Champions
2004 3A Div. II State Champions

Proud member of the Backwater Mafia

Yep, yep.

#44 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,572 posts

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Umm, and which buckeye are you talking about? If you're talking about me, then you're sadly mistaken because I haven't even posted on this thread. But if you are bringing me into this thread, then I'll leave you with this parting thought.

The 2009 Saints will forever have an asterisk attached to their "only" Super Bowl. Have fun with that.

A 2009 Super Bowl victory that will forever be questioned....

A quarterback who is highly ticked off....

A guard who says pay me or I'm gone...

A wide receiver who now wants to get paid...

And a new DC who is going to gut the Saints defense for "his" guys.

Oh yes, and by the way, a cheap owner by the name of Tom Benson.

You know, I think you would have been better off leaving me out of this. But since you didn't.....

Have fun in 2012.

You are ####... There will be no asterisk. The Saints did not make 1 dirty hit or take out any star player during the superbowl.

Enjoy 8-8 buddy.

#45 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,576 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

ENDING ones career is more than putting a great hit on someone. That is the way the NFL is now, so get over it or just turn your tv to COPS or DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES with all those cheap shots

I didn't see the Saints end anyone's career, and as I stated if the officials or the NFL review team would have seen such they would have fined the player for said cheap shot. You on the other hand are aghast that any bounty was placed on the head of any player. I saw the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game, and I didn't see any "cheap" shots. I did see that the Saints defense was playing aggressive and going all out to go to the Super Bowl. If the Saints were taking all the cheap shots that you say they have been or were, then they would have lost that game, because they only won by a field goal in O.T. . Let's look back at that game, and what did Favre say afterwards ? "I've felt better," said Favre, who looked every bit his 40 years. "It was a physical game. A lot of hits. You win that and you sure feel a lot better." "I would have loved to represent the NFC," said Favre, who grew up in Mississippi a Saints fan. "But, as I told Sean throughout the year when we talked, if it's not us, I hope it's you guys." .

So the Saints had an in-house pool for solid hits on the opposing teams players. I'm sure that the NFL is going over every bit of the Saints defensive hits in the last 3 years, 1 year with JAX, 4 with Washington, 4 with Buffalo, and the 4 with Tennessee. You're upset that this even happens, and I saw your comments on the Giants/SF game. This is the NFL, if they do turn it into the NFFL National Flag Football League, then I will probably just watch the NCAA Football, MLB, and March Madness. It's people like you that are encouraging the rule changes to the NFL, and I don't want to see the NFL change one bit, there have been too many changes, that have made the league a pass happy league. If I want to see a pass happy league, then I'll watch Arena Football.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#46 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,576 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

If people are going to jump on the Defensive players having side bonuses that are in house, then they should have jumped on Emmitt Smith for buying his offensive line expensive gifts for blocking for him back in the 90's. That was an incentive as well.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

#47 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I didn't see the Saints end anyone's career, and as I stated if the officials or the NFL review team would have seen such they would have fined the player for said cheap shot. You on the other hand are aghast that any bounty was placed on the head of any player. I saw the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game, and I didn't see any "cheap" shots. I did see that the Saints defense was playing aggressive and going all out to go to the Super Bowl. If the Saints were taking all the cheap shots that you say they have been or were, then they would have lost that game, because they only won by a field goal in O.T. . Let's look back at that game, and what did Favre say afterwards ? "I've felt better," said Favre, who looked every bit his 40 years. "It was a physical game. A lot of hits. You win that and you sure feel a lot better." "I would have loved to represent the NFC," said Favre, who grew up in Mississippi a Saints fan. "But, as I told Sean throughout the year when we talked, if it's not us, I hope it's you guys." .

So the Saints had an in-house pool for solid hits on the opposing teams players. I'm sure that the NFL is going over every bit of the Saints defensive hits in the last 3 years, 1 year with JAX, 4 with Washington, 4 with Buffalo, and the 4 with Tennessee. You're upset that this even happens, and I saw your comments on the Giants/SF game. This is the NFL, if they do turn it into the NFFL National Flag Football League, then I will probably just watch the NCAA Football, MLB, and March Madness. It's people like you that are encouraging the rule changes to the NFL, and I don't want to see the NFL change one bit, there have been too many changes, that have made the league a pass happy league. If I want to see a pass happy league, then I'll watch Arena Football.

For one they have in house pool for solid hits??? They even said themselves it was higher the prices for help to get off the field and even higher prices for taken off on a cart...............how is that a solid hit trying to end someones game that can end someones career. What you think is the NFL is a joke. And I have stated that the officials and the NFL are going to review that game and many other again.......do you get that. You want to quote people............. let me quote this from one of the best hitter of ALL time. HITTING HARD IS ONE THING- TRYING TO HURT SOMEONE ON PURPOSE IS DIRTY AND HAS NO PLACE IN THE NFL- MIKE DITKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its people like me encouraging the change in NFL..........................I bet if your favorite player that you look forward to watch play EVERY weekend got hurt and ended his career on a cheap hit you would be singing a different song.
Its not me making these changes- the ex players ARE ASKING for it for their lives AFTER football. You even think they made it into a pass happy league????????? Can't get anything by you!! They pass because it works and other teams can't stop it!!!!

The NFL is changing for the safety of their players and their lives during and after football- so my friend either get use to it or watch your march madness

#48 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

If people are going to jump on the Defensive players having side bonuses that are in house, then they should have jumped on Emmitt Smith for buying his offensive line expensive gifts for blocking for him back in the 90's. That was an incentive as well.

I all have to say to this is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,576 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

For one they have in house pool for solid hits??? They even said themselves it was higher the prices for help to get off the field and even higher prices for taken off on a cart...............how is that a solid hit trying to end someones game that can end someones career. What you think is the NFL is a joke. And I have stated that the officials and the NFL are going to review that game and many other again.......do you get that. You want to quote people............. let me quote this from one of the best hitter of ALL time. HITTING HARD IS ONE THING- TRYING TO HURT SOMEONE ON PURPOSE IS DIRTY AND HAS NO PLACE IN THE NFL- MIKE DITKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its people like me encouraging the change in NFL..........................I bet if your favorite player that you look forward to watch play EVERY weekend got hurt and ended his career on a cheap hit you would be singing a different song.
Its not me making these changes- the ex players ARE ASKING for it for their lives AFTER football. You even think they made it into a pass happy league????????? Can't get anything by you!! They pass because it works and other teams can't stop it!!!!

The NFL is changing for the safety of their players and their lives during and after football- so my friend either get use to it or watch your march madness

Why wouldn't the in-house pool go up for that ? That's obvious. How many times did it happen ? That's what the NFL will be looking into. What players rank at the highest of most respected defensive players, it's the one's that hit hard, and knocked someone into the next week. I never had a problem with Diron Talbert, Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, or Jack Tatum. If you want to bring up a quote by "Iron" Mike Ditka, I give you Dick :

My favorite NFL player did retire after leading the NFL in Passing in 1979. His concern was his concussions, but I would have liked to seen him play two more years. The NFL is a tough sport, but that's one of the things I love about it. Maybe I'll start watching rugby instead.

#50 spacegolfer

spacegolfer

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

You are being ridiculous! No one is complaining about bonuses for making good hard hits. Read a little deeper and see the whole story. It would have been different if Emmitt had of said for the linemen to put someone on a stretcher or hospital. It has to do with intent. Nothing wrong with a coach saying take someone out of the game. It is the intent behind it that makes it right or wrong.

Mark 11:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."
David Brinkley

Perspective instantiates reality.....

#51 buckeyefan1984

buckeyefan1984

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

You are ####... There will be no asterisk. The Saints did not make 1 dirty hit or take out any star player during the superbowl.

Enjoy 8-8 buddy.

Wow, did I step on a nerve or what.

Remember now, I was content with just scanning over the posts in these threads until you decided to bring me into the equation. I find it funny that the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in 2009 (the year in question with the Bounty Program) but yet, when it was first investigated in 2010, NOTHING since then. No Super Bowls, nothing.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, there is a few other things to make note of.

A very ticked off Drew Brees.

A gaurd who wants to get paid.

A wide receiver who wants to get paid.

A new DC who is talking about gutting the defense and bringing in HIS guys.

Possible suspensions.

And an owner who is notorious for NOT shelling out the big bucks.

Depending on the message sent to YOUR team....

8-8 might be looking pretty good.
Official Campaign Debate Writer as appointed by President and Commander-in-Chief of Buckeye Nation AnOldBuckeye because...

YES WE DID!!!

Yep, yep.

#52 footballfan11

footballfan11

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

You really have problems comparing Emmitt buying each OL a rolex after he won the rushing title to a team getting paid more to put players into the x-ray room and maybe the unemployed list. I love watching all the hard hits on youtube from college and pros- but they are all clean. You really are blind and dumb on what is going on in the NFL. Why would they ever said they did wrong and sorry about it if it was ok and a part of the NFL. Wake up from the 70's

Posted Image

#53 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,572 posts

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Wow, did I step on a nerve or what.

Remember now, I was content with just scanning over the posts in these threads until you decided to bring me into the equation. I find it funny that the Saints make it to the Super Bowl in 2009 (the year in question with the Bounty Program) but yet, when it was first investigated in 2010, NOTHING since then. No Super Bowls, nothing.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, there is a few other things to make note of.

A very ticked off Drew Brees.

A gaurd who wants to get paid.

A wide receiver who wants to get paid.

A new DC who is talking about gutting the defense and bringing in HIS guys.

Possible suspensions.

And an owner who is notorious for NOT shelling out the big bucks.

Depending on the message sent to YOUR team....

8-8 might be looking pretty good.

8-8 only looked good to you this year... "It's better than being knocked out of the 2nd round of the playoffs"...

So, here is what I ask of you... show me the quote from Drew Brees or his agent that he is mad about being franchised in NO until they get his contract figured out. Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation. I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try. Try harder next time.

#54 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Enjoy 8-8 buddy.

I totally agree- The Saints won the Super Bowl and every game up to that because they were a great team and did great things for that city. The bounty hits had absolutely nothing to do with them holding up the trophy.

They need to punish those involved- get over it and move on. Make sure it does not go on in the NFL. (tell davetv- make sure the hunt to hurt should not go on not all the great hard hits!!!)

#55 buckeyefan1984

buckeyefan1984

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

8-8 only looked good to you this year... "It's better than being knocked out of the 2nd round of the playoffs"...

So, here is what I ask of you... show me the quote from Drew Brees or his agent that he is mad about being franchised in NO until they get his contract figured out.<---Ask and ye shall receive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-drew-brees-livid-franchise-tag-011643713.html

Drew Brees was hit with the franchise tag by the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, despite having made it clear that that's not what he wanted. So what happens now? Well, according to CBSSports.com's Rapid Reports, Brees gets really mad.

Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal.

Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.<---No quotes yet, but I did find this article interesting.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/free_agency_math_not_in_new_or.html

Notice the names of the players that they are wanting to keep outright and the names of the players that they are looking to release, or asking to take a pay cut. Knowing that much in the same way as Brees, they're going to want to get paid. But by all means, point out the guys on defense that will fit the mold of a Spagnuola defense.

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation.<---Umm, 2010 was the year that the investigation started.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82757bcd/article/nfl-says-saints-created-bounty-program-from-20092011

Goodell said the investigation began in 2010 after allegations were made that Saints defenders had targeted Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre during New Orleans' 2009 run to the Super Bowl.

The Saints win the Super Bowl in 2009, the investigation begins in 2010, and directly after that, no more Super Bowls. Heck, in 2010 and 2011 the Saints defense was nowhere close to what it was in 2009. I wonder why?

I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try.<---Yep, sure is. I find it strange that Greg Williams was brought in by Sean Payton. Payton even opened up his own pockets in order to make it happen Try harder next time.<---LOL. Are you sure? You almost blew a gasket with one of my previous posts on this thread. You seem to forget, I live here in Louisiana. But again, remember the fact that you brought me in to this thread. It might be a good idea to let me ease on out without any further damage.

YES WE DID!!!

Yep, yep.

#56 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,576 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

You are being ridiculous! No one is complaining about bonuses for making good hard hits. Read a little deeper and see the whole story. It would have been different if Emmitt had of said for the linemen to put someone on a stretcher or hospital. It has to do with intent. Nothing wrong with a coach saying take someone out of the game. It is the intent behind it that makes it right or wrong.

I don't remember the Saints putting anyone in the hospital or on the cart. I do remember Favre hobbling around after being sacked several times in that game. I'm not going to be offended or say it's dirty play, because hard hits in the NFL is one of the reasons why I watch the NFL. Almost every team in the NFL that has been great has had hard hitters. I heard players in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, 00's, and 10's say they wanted to take the opposing teams stars out. That's football. I hated George Allen back in the day, but over time I've grown to like him.

Taken from the Dallas Morning News Archives :

Former Cowboys linebacker Lee Roy Jordan on George Allen: "George had a real hate rivalry for us. "He used to say, 'If we can injure [Roger] Staubach, we have a chance to win.' He really made it intense. And I use that word because it's the only one you can print."

One of the reasons I still hate Joe Theismann : Former Cowboys safety Cliff Harris disliked Theismann so much that he once vowed to come out of retirement just to have the brief satisfaction of decking Theismann a few times.

There are no friendlies in the NFL or Rugby, that's a different sport.

#57 spacegolfer

spacegolfer

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

I don't remember the Saints putting anyone in the hospital or on the cart. I do remember Favre hobbling around after being sacked several times in that game. I'm not going to be offended or say it's dirty play, because hard hits in the NFL is one of the reasons why I watch the NFL. Almost every team in the NFL that has been great has had hard hitters. I heard players in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, 00's, and 10's say they wanted to take the opposing teams stars out. That's football. I hated George Allen back in the day, but over time I've grown to like him.

Taken from the Dallas Morning News Archives :

Former Cowboys linebacker Lee Roy Jordan on George Allen: "George had a real hate rivalry for us. "He used to say, 'If we can injure [Roger] Staubach, we have a chance to win.' He really made it intense. And I use that word because it's the only one you can print."

One of the reasons I still hate Joe Theismann : Former Cowboys safety Cliff Harris disliked Theismann so much that he once vowed to come out of retirement just to have the brief satisfaction of decking Theismann a few times.

There are no friendlies in the NFL or Rugby, that's a different sport.

This is what I am talking about. You are condoning unethical play? So you agree with what George Allen said? Is it okay to go after a QB to injure him and take him out of a game that way? This is still wrong on so many levels! I will say this, if George Allen was just media hounding and saying that "tongue in cheek" or just as a joke that is different. I do remember that being said but I do not know about his seriousness in the quote.

If Cliff Harris had the intent of injuring Theismann then that would be just as wrong. But being able to get hard hits on a QB is a total different scenario.

Mark 11:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."
David Brinkley

Perspective instantiates reality.....

#58 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,572 posts

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

So, here is what I ask of you... show me the quote from Drew Brees or his agent that he is mad about being franchised in NO until they get his contract figured out.<---Ask and ye shall receive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-drew-brees-livid-franchise-tag-011643713.html

Drew Brees was hit with the franchise tag by the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, despite having made it clear that that's not what he wanted. So what happens now? Well, according to CBSSports.com's Rapid Reports, Brees gets really mad.

Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal.

Seriously, I want solid quotes and evidence.

Quotes from the DC saying he is bringing in his guys. And while we may lose Colston and a few other players, we are still not an 8-8 team.<---No quotes yet... I dont think I need to respond further., but I did find this article interesting.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/free_agency_math_not_in_new_or.html

Notice the names of the players that they are wanting to keep outright and the names of the players that they are looking to release, or asking to take a pay cut. Knowing that much in the same way as Brees, they're going to want to get paid. But by all means, point out the guys on defense that will fit the mold of a Spagnuola defense.

Now, it appears that you are implying that all of this other junk you are tossing out there is stemming from the bounty system? Another crazy assumption from you. You also suggest that our SB year is the year being looked into during this investigation.<---Umm, 2010 was the year that the investigation started.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82757bcd/article/nfl-says-saints-created-bounty-program-from-20092011

Goodell said the investigation began in 2010 after allegations were made that Saints defenders had targeted Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre during New Orleans' 2009 run to the Super Bowl.

So you are saying that none of Gregg Williams previous years are being looked at? Naive.

The Saints win the Super Bowl in 2009, the investigation begins in 2010, and directly after that, no more Super Bowls. Heck, in 2010 and 2011 the Saints defense was nowhere close to what it was in 2009. I wonder why?

The Saints defense wasn't even that great that year. They caused ALOT of turnovers. They still didn't stop anyone... So you don't really make a valid point. You just see dots and connect them whether that is where the line is supposed to go there or not.

I believe it is every year and every team that Gregg Williams has been with that is being looked into. So Good try.<---Yep, sure is. I find it strange that Greg Williams was brought in by Sean Payton. Payton even opened up his own pockets in order to make it happen Sean Peyton wanted the best and wanted to win. So he gave up money to bring in a guy considered one of the best and an understudy of Buddy Ryan... also considered to be one of the best.

Try harder next time.<---LOL. Are you sure? You almost blew a gasket with one of my previous posts on this thread. You seem to forget, I live here in Louisiana. But again, remember the fact that you brought me in to this thread. It might be a good idea to let me ease on out without any further damage.

I mentioned your name as someone usually looking to bash the Saints and annoint the Cowboys in this thread. If you really want to know how much attention I pay to you, you will notice that I got you totally mixed up with a rational Cowboy fan... So head on back now to the Romo parade. I hear it is making stops at his highest fan concentration cities. San Francisco, Austin, then the finally in Toronto.

#59 footballfan11

footballfan11

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

NOW THAT IS CRAZZZZZZZY FUNNYYYYYYYY

Posted Image

#60 footballfan11

footballfan11

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image

I LOVE SITTING AROUND WATCHING YALL GO AT IT!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users