163 replies to this topic

#81 gatorpoint0718

gatorpoint0718

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Wait.... Really? This is a Sabine Football thread???

#82 SABINERWIENER

SABINERWIENER

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Ok someone answer this for me. Alot of ya'll say Sabine lacks talent and athleticism. Now why is that? I'm not saying its true or false but really come on now. It diffently not where Sabine is on the map. Because within 20 miles in all directions you have numerous Football programs that are Great Football programs that have the talent and athleticism. Why cant Sabine get the fast kids and the big linemen like the other schools can? Is the Moon and Stars lined up where this can never happen in Sabine? I really think there needs to be a Scientific study..
Fish don't fry in the kitchen, Beans dont burn on the grill.

#83 thesquare

thesquare

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I would be happy to be in sabine and have a chance to make a difference.

#84 spartan7

spartan7

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

The most talented team, athletic team does not win all the time. The team that works the hardest and wants it more wins. It is all about putting your kids in the best possible situation. It can happen in Sabine, and someday it will.

#85 kermit

kermit

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

Ok someone answer this for me. Alot of ya'll say Sabine lacks talent and athleticism. Now why is that? I'm not saying its true or false but really come on now. It diffently not where Sabine is on the map. Because within 20 miles in all directions you have numerous Football programs that are Great Football programs that have the talent and athleticism. Why cant Sabine get the fast kids and the big linemen like the other schools can? Is the Moon and Stars lined up where this can never happen in Sabine? I really think there needs to be a Scientific study..

From what I hear sabine is a tough academic school, the teachers dont cut any of the athletes any slack (which is good)...so in my opinon some of the good athletes in gladewater or kilgore wont go there because they wont pass. We all know that a few schools give their athletes that "special treatment" when it comes to grades

#86 kermit

kermit

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

What are they gonna do with their coaching situation, inside or outside? I hear Sean Payton is available. Too soon?

#87 kramer

kramer

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

What are they gonna do with their coaching situation, inside or outside? I hear Sean Payton is available. Too soon?

Payton will be on campus today.

#88 gatorpoint0718

gatorpoint0718

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Square. Apparently u would like to coach anywhere since u have done everything but post a resume in the forum. Smoaky is not the Thrifty Nickel coaching forum and if u get a job by opening hire me threads then I just dont know what has happened. If ya wanna go make a difference at sabine go ahead. Others have tried. All thought they could and didnt. It kills me to see " Coach Looking or Job" threads. Geez! What a square?!?

#89 LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

haha

#90 gatorpoint0718

gatorpoint0718

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Sabiner weiner. All the athletes go to the other schools that are in that area.Then if they get the boot, or get kicked out of school they go to Sabine. Play JV some get moved up, but U aint gonna win with those few.

#91 KennyPowers

KennyPowers

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

The most talented team, athletic team does not win all the time. The team that works the hardest and wants it more wins. It is all about putting your kids in the best possible situation. It can happen in Sabine, and someday it will.

True, but you still have to have athletes and Sabine is lacking. Years upon years of proof to prove this as well. Dont give me any talk of the 80's team that thinks they were so good. How many rounds did they go after district? 1?

#92 GWalum07

GWalum07

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think right now maybe there isn't any talent in the well in Liberty City. I saw the tenaha scrimmage last season and it was ugly. They were sacred to hit on defense and one dimensional on offense. I am not saying Baker did a bad job, he may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time but I am glad to see they got a new field house. I know some programs that would love to have the facilities the cardinals play in and on. While I agree in this day and age everyone wants instant gratification that is simply not an option at Sabine right now. I think they need to sure up weight training and fundamentals in the junior high and see the difference. Will they beat Gilmer? No but they will look like they belong a football field.

True, but you still have to have athletes and Sabine is lacking. Years upon years of proof to prove this as well. Dont give me any talk of the 80's team that thinks they were so good. How many rounds did they go after district? 1?

#93 Pudge

Pudge

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Sabine has 4 playoff apperances since 1937. Based on some comments, that means that they have had 4 decent coaches in the last 75 years. The coach that last got them to the playoffs in 85 had a 14-37 record if my math skills are correct. (don't quote me on that) In any case, his record was terrible, but yet some hold him up as Vince Lombardi. Maybe Sabine just happens to be surrounded by schools with more athlectic players. Some have said if you were to run an offense and defense that is conservative while giving Sabine more opportunities to control the clock success would follow. That makes as much sense as anything I have heard. I wish some of the nay sayers would throw their hat in the ring and solve this 75 year old drought.

#94 UnderArmour

UnderArmour

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Heard several candidates have thrown their name in the BEST fit I've heard of is Jeff Rogers from Caldwell. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Protect this House

#95 mappy

mappy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

tracy blankenship

#96 mathman69

mathman69

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Heard several candidates have thrown their name in the BEST fit I've heard of is Jeff Rogers from Caldwell. Good luck to whoever gets it!

who is this guy ua the best fit would either be sharp. if he didnt take either lamore or comfort could do a good job

#97 SABINERWIENER

SABINERWIENER

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Dont think Sabine could get that lucky

tracy blankenship

#98 SABINERWIENER

SABINERWIENER

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Tracy Blankenship would be an awesome fit for Sabine. Very good coach with good character. He could diffently surround himself with a good staff something that been lacking in Sabine for the last few years. Not saying the whole existing staff needs the BOOT but their is a few could leave and it wouldnt hurt mine or other's feelings. Tracy could light that fire that Sabine needs. I promise ya Coach Blankenship could get those kids wanting to win and wanting to get better. I just hope either way that the school board take a real good look on hiring someone on the outside than hiring someone in house.

#99 UnderArmour

UnderArmour

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

who is this guy ua the best fit would either be sharp. if he didnt take either lamore or comfort could do a good job

Your right, Lamore would be a great motivator for the whole program! Comfort would do a good job. Gonna be interesting to see who gets it.
Protect this House

#100 GWalum07

GWalum07

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

All valid points and I don't simply blame the coaches but the culture at Sabine. Success takes effort with a little luck and talent mixed in there. Now was Sabine a small team last year? yes but they can't help but what you can always control is your effort. I think they could win 5-6 games every year at Sabine but the effort has to be there. Talent only takes you so far sometimes it is all about wanting to win the game. I hope the best for the superintendent and school board as they make their choice and at the end of the day I hope they hire the best fit for Sabine and Liberty City. 1985 was 76 years ago? also the school surrounding Sabine put there pants on one leg at a time. Just saying..

Sabine has 4 playoff apperances since 1937. Based on some comments, that means that they have had 4 decent coaches in the last 75 years. The coach that last got them to the playoffs in 85 had a 14-37 record if my math skills are correct. (don't quote me on that) In any case, his record was terrible, but yet some hold him up as Vince Lombardi. Maybe Sabine just happens to be surrounded by schools with more athlectic players. Some have said if you were to run an offense and defense that is conservative while giving Sabine more opportunities to control the clock success would follow. That makes as much sense as anything I have heard. I wish some of the nay sayers would throw their hat in the ring and solve this 75 year old drought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users