Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

[quote name='Crawford' timestamp='1331586557' post='1696655']
Results of this weekend's 3A state tournament:

www.3Ateamtennisresult.com

Just curious, do you know who Center defeated to take 5th place last weekend out in Abilene in the state tournament? I couldn't find that result in any of the scores that were listed or in the Abilene paper. Sure did have some issues with the format that was played out there for the state team tournament. I understand that they were operating on little indoor court space and that the weather was really an issue but playing a spring tournament line-up format for a team tennis state tournament doesn't seem to follow the precepts of "team tennis" and seems to me a poor way to determine who is the best team in each of the matches. That being said, there is no doubt that the best two teams reached the finals (Abilene Wylie & Lucas Lovejoy) and that Wylie is indeed the best team. Lucas Lovejoy will be a major factor in region II 4-A next fall and if Wylie were 4-A, they would be a definite threat to Wichita Falls and Rider out there in the west Texas 4-A region.

#3 NOWAWINNER

NOWAWINNER

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Just curious, do you know who Center defeated to take 5th place last weekend out in Abilene in the state tournament? I couldn't find that result in any of the scores that were listed or in the Abilene paper. Sure did have some issues with the format that was played out there for the state team tournament. I understand that they were operating on little indoor court space and that the weather was really an issue but playing a spring tournament line-up format for a team tennis state tournament doesn't seem to follow the precepts of "team tennis" and seems to me a poor way to determine who is the best team in each of the matches. That being said, there is no doubt that the best two teams reached the finals (Abilene Wylie & Lucas Lovejoy) and that Wylie is indeed the best team. Lucas Lovejoy will be a major factor in region II 4-A next fall and if Wylie were 4-A, they would be a definite threat to Wichita Falls and Rider out there in the west Texas 4-A region.

Center defeated Kaufman in Ennis. TTCA had to do what they had to do. The only other option was to send all teams home and not play at all.

#4 Bulldogtennis

Bulldogtennis

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Center defeated Kaufman in Ennis. TTCA had to do what they had to do. The only other option was to send all teams home and not play at all.

What were the scores with Kaufman vs. Lindale and Center vs. Vernon? I'm assuming these were the matches that were played before Center could have played Kaufman for 5th.

Congrats to Center for a good win over Kaufman!

#5 NOWAWINNER

NOWAWINNER

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

What were the scores with Kaufman vs. Lindale and Center vs. Vernon? I'm assuming these were the matches that were played before Center could have played Kaufman for 5th.

Congrats to Center for a good win over Kaufman!

I believe that all 4 teams got together and decided that they would go somewhere else in the state to play 5th-8th. Center and Kaufman were the only teams that showed up.

#6 The1One

The1One

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

I believe that all 4 teams got together and decided that they would go somewhere else in the state to play 5th-8th. Center and Kaufman were the only teams that showed up.

This doesn't make sense. Why would all 4 teams agree to meet somewhere, and then two of them decide not to show up? That just doesn't add up.
There is no one like The1One.

#7 Crawford

Crawford

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

This doesn't make sense. Why would all 4 teams agree to meet somewhere, and then two of them decide not to show up? That just doesn't add up.

Sounds like NOWAWINNER is assuming thats what took place cause he's is using words like "I believe" and "somewhere".

#8 The1One

The1One

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Sounds like NOWAWINNER is assuming thats what took place cause he's is using words like "I believe" and "somewhere".

Yep he needs to get his facts straight before going on here with false information.
There is no one like The1One.

#9 leftylobo

leftylobo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yep he needs to get his facts straight before going on here with false information.

I didn't mean to start something, just wanted to know how Center took 5th place when there were four teams that lost in the quarter-finals of the state tournament and I couldn't find where those four teams had played off for 5th place; didn't suppose that they could have when the tournament was having extreme problems just playing the semis and finals due to lack of court space and the inclement weather.

#10 NOWAWINNER

NOWAWINNER

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I didn't mean to start something, just wanted to know how Center took 5th place when there were four teams that lost in the quarter-finals of the state tournament and I couldn't find where those four teams had played off for 5th place; didn't suppose that they could have when the tournament was having extreme problems just playing the semis and finals due to lack of court space and the inclement weather.

TTCA sent everyone home except the top 4 teams. The director told the other teams that they could play out their 4 team brackets (5-8, 9-12, 13-16) but they would have to find courts and set it up by themselves. Center play Kaufman in Ennis on the in door courts there. I can not speak for Lindale. Call Coach Watson. I'm sure he can tell you where they went.

#11 NOWAWINNER

NOWAWINNER

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

If it doesn't make sense then call Coach Watson if you are that worried about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users