JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

http://www.wnd.com/2...-u-s-textbooks/

Who perpetrated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 – a group of men merely fighting “for a cause,” or a band of radical Muslims bent on violent jihad?

According to a new, comprehensive study of 6th-12th grade textbooks used by schools across the country, America’s children are being taught a very different answer to that question than many alive to witness 9/11 remember.

The non-profit organization ACT! for America Education studied 38 textbooks from popular publishers like McGraw Hill and Houghton Mifflin, for example, to determine whether American schoolchildren are being taught the truth about Islam and its role in 9/11.The report, titled “Education or Indoctrination? The Treatment of Islam in 6th through 12th Grade American Textbooks,” compares what it found in the textbooks with 275 historical sources, listing 375 footnoted citations, to conclude that America’s textbooks are laced with “historical revisionism.”

Specifically, the report details dozens of ways in which it contends the textbooks stray from accurately teaching about Islam, including the following list, quoted directly from the report’s summary:

• The doctrine of jihad is omitted, incorrectly defined, inaccurately described, or understated.
  • Faulty description of women’s rights under Islam: The oppressive and discriminatory nature of Shari’a law with respect to women is omitted, mischaracterized or understated.
  • Omission or minimization of the Islamic slave trade, in sharp contrast with what is typically an extensive and appropriately critical examination of the Atlantic slave trade operated by Europeans.
  • Aggrandizement and elevation of Muhammad’s character that is contradicted by accepted historical facts.
  • Omission or minimization of Muslim conquest and imperialism, in sharp contrast with what is typically an extensive and appropriately critical examination of European and other imperialism.
  • False claim of Islam’s historical tolerance of Jews and Christians.
  • Misrepresentation of Shari’a Law in such areas as its applicability to non-Muslims and the separation of church and state.
  • False presentation of the Crusades as the cause of the animosity between Christianity and Islam.
  • Faulty historical narrative of the Crusades. Muslims in the Holy Land are commonly depicted as innocent victims of unprovoked aggression who were defending “their” lands against Christian invaders, rather than what is historically accurate: (1) that Muslims invaded and conquered the Holy Land centuries prior to the Crusades; (2) that Christians and Jews were victims of Muslim conquest and aggression centuries prior to the launching of the Crusades; and (3) that the Crusades were launched to wrest back control of the Holy Land from the Muslim invaders and conquerors.
  • Chronological revisionism of the historical development of Judaism, Christianity and Islam which incorrectly portrays Islam as preceding Judaism and Christianity and the Muslims/Arabs as the indigenous people in the Holy Land, resulting in the delegitizimation of Israel.
  • Treatment of Islamism as though it has no origins within classical Islam and Islam’s Holy Books.
  • Islamist Holocaust revisionism that attributes the creation of Israel to world guilt over the Holocaust and incorrectly maintains that Arabs were forced to give up land for the survivors of the Holocaust.
  • Omission of the fact that the United Nations created a two-state partition for Palestine, one for the Jews and one for the Arabs.
  • Omission of the fact that the Arabs refused to accept the offer of an independent Arab state contained in the 1947 United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine.
  • False claim of Israel’s responsibility for the Palestinian refugee problem.
  • Omission of the fact that the PLO’s recognition of Israel’s right to exist was and remains a verbal recognition only, contradicted by the unrevised PLO charter.
  • Inaccurate claim that most Middle Eastern terrorist groups have roots in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
  • Omission of the fact that Islamic jihadists target Americans not only for their support of Israel but also for what they consider the “decadent nature” of Western way of life that threatens the spread of Islam throughout the world.
  • Failure to explain why the Islamic jihadists targeted the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and to identify the fourth target as the White House.
“Perhaps the greatest disservice done to students,” the report concludes, “is the net effect of the accumulation of these errors — the creation of a faulty historical narrative that not only misrepresents Islam but creates an inaccurate comparison between Islam, Christianity and Judaism, and between the Muslim world and the West. Regardless of the issue – slavery, conquest and imperialism, the Crusades, the Arab-Israeli conflict, to name a few – Islam and the Muslim world are not generally held to the same rigor of historical analysis that the textbooks apply to Christianity, Judaism and the West.”

But to many Americans, the politically correct nature of handling 9/11 may be the most surprising.

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#2 Locutus

Locutus

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

This is only important to those who actually are interested in education. Trust me, Texas public schools have far more to worry about than this. A large percentage of students in Texas public schools today don't even know the state, country, hemisphere, or contintent they live in/on. If there were a secret map, plan, or whatever that you could put in a history book most kids would not even open the book. Education in America is going the way of freedoms in America.
"When SECONDS count, the POLICE will only be MOMENTS away!

#3 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Education in America is going the way of freedoms in America.

Thats WHY freedom is disappearing....because the vast majority are not educated enough to keep it.....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

#4 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thats WHY freedom is disappearing....because the vast majority are not educated enough to keep it.....

Educated? By who? Teachers? Or their parents?

That's the problem, it's not about "freedom", it's about parental responsibility and ensuring that the kids are taught right and make up what they're not taught in school. There are a lot of things that teachers simply cannot teach.

And the problem of true historical events hasn't been taught in schools for a long time... in fact, most don't even find that out until they go after a doctorate degree...which is stupid!

#5 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Educated? By who? Teachers? Or their parents?

Parents aren't educated enough obviously because THEY are one of the generations who keep sending these power hungry clowns to office....Teachers aren't educated enough because the parents were TAUGHT by teachers at some time in their lives and obviously were not taught the first thing about keeping their freedom...sometimes, one has to look things up for themselves in order to find truth....and kids won't do THAT...so this nation is doomed by it's lack of education.....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

#6 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Parents aren't educated enough obviously because THEY are one of the generations who keep sending these power hungry clowns to office....Teachers aren't educated enough because the parents were TAUGHT by teachers at some time in their lives and obviously were not taught the first thing about keeping their freedom...sometimes, one has to look things up for themselves in order to find truth....and kids won't do THAT...so this nation is doomed by it's lack of education.....

Educated enough? As a parent, I may not like what the teachers are teaching my kids, truthfully. And that has happened in the past. We complain all the time about what the liberal college professors cram down our kids' throats, but yet, we want them educated more? By who?

If the parents aren't educated enough - it's not because they weren't taught it in the schools, it's because they choose to be ignorant... it's a choice.

Today, there is absolutely NO REASON ANYONE should be ignorant since we have the internet. Course, the only problem with that is, as I tell my youngest, just because you read it, doesn't mean it's true.

And I disagree, the nation is doomed because of lack of parental responsibility. We now expect our teachers to teach our kids...not exactly working out real well, is it? Parents don't want any responsibility, they want the state and feds to feed and clothe 'em and to pay for all their medical expenses, we want the schools to teach them everything....like I said, not exactly working out real well, is it?

Edited to add, because I just had this conversation with my youngest 5 minutes ago...not about freedom, or maybe it is...he has been told that to get into management, he has to have a bachelor's degree...if that were true, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing, nor would his father, etc., etc. He's being told that by not only college professors, but also friends of his that are in college.

So I asked him this question: If you got the same management books that they're teaching in college and you read them, understood them, and did the work associated with, why can't you be just as smart as those who are paying the $400 plus to learn the same? Better yet, if you worked in the profession that you're wanting to be in, learn anything and everything about it, and read as many management books, etc., etc. as you could get your hands on, if you go after that job, guess who's going to get it? Because you know all facets of the business, and you have the knowledge of business management behind it... not because some college gave you a certificate that says, "You know all"... good grief almighty!

#7 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Edited to add, because I just had this conversation with my youngest 5 minutes ago...not about freedom, or maybe it is...he has been told that to get into management, he has to have a bachelor's degree...if that were true, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing, nor would his father, etc., etc. He's being told that by not only college professors, but also friends of his that are in college.

So I asked him this question: If you got the same management books that they're teaching in college and you read them, understood them, and did the work associated with, why can't you be just as smart as those who are paying the $400 plus to learn the same? Better yet, if you worked in the profession that you're wanting to be in, learn anything and everything about it, and read as many management books, etc., etc. as you could get your hands on, if you go after that job, guess who's going to get it? Because you know all facets of the business, and you have the knowledge of business management behind it... not because some college gave you a certificate that says, "You know all"... good grief almighty!

Agree with that to an extent.

However I've seen this at many of the jobs I have worked at where bosses have been replaced by new management who have the degrees where as the old bosses did not have one but had the experience.

Having a degree in business management is nice for the classroom "education" and taking that experience to the real world to adjust your skill set to becoming the best person at your position. What colleges fail to really state is that you should have some "work experience" in addition to "classroom training."
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

DLine, while I understand what you mean by experienced being replaced with "degreed"... here's the problem...and I face this everyday. I'll give myself as an example. In my world, the few of us left that can wing out transcripts three times as fast as the "newly educated ones", who by their very nature, don't have the experience behind them to understand what it is they're transcribing. They simply go and take a test, are "certified" and then don't have a clue what they're doing. They don't have the background and experience, but by golly, they know what all the new tech stuff is - which I think is a waste, but whatever. They lack experience and foundation.

Now, the very nature of the "certified non-experience" produces one thing...less cost. Just because you're certified/educated, doesn't mean you deserve more money - if anything, because of the lack of experience, you will be paid less.

You see, as a company, if they're paying a very experienced person, who has worked themselves through the ranks, has received raises after many years of service, let's say they're at $80,000. That same company can grab an "educated" college student for $45,000. See?

The same works with what I do. Companies know they can get these other folks a lot cheaper than the ones who actually know what they're doing and can accomplish the same task in half the amount of time. You see the mere indoctrination of not only the kids, but companies as a whole, who are being ran by those "educated", who are filing bankruptcy left and right.

Hence, when us experienced get the ultimate call of HELP because the "certified/educated" can't figure it out or get the job done, well...guess what, it's gonna cost 'em! (had this very same thing happen this week)

It has been shown that unless it's in the engineering or medical field, it takes a LONG time for those "educated" ones to equal their pay versus what they spent to get that degree.... long, LONG time! Colleges are about the money, too.

Now, let me give you another example - let's take my hubby. I'll toot his horn because he won't... LOL! Started out at $6 an hour, worked hard, is the ONLY one in the company who after the company gets a new contract, can go in talk to the customer, learn the lay-out, hire the folks, train the folks, take care of safety issues, make sure they're in compliance - the only one now out of thousands and thousands of employees. He is their "oh, heck, we're skewered up, fix it, please."

Well, it's that time again. Those "educated" folks who were "supposed to" make things happen at one of their new extreme money-making endeavors has failed... and not just one, but three. Hubby sorta knows what goes on "over there", is alikened to what he does, but a bit different. His job - sort it out, organize it, get rid of who needs to be gotten rid of, hire the folks he needs to get the job done, fix the safety issues, get things moving and quickly... but to FIX IT! quote/unquote. Because apparently no one else can. And he will. In fact, the supervisors that he knows over "there" were super excited because FINALLY someone can get the job done, and get things moving.

How much college - year and a half; his major - art... LOL! It's not so much to do with the education, but what you do with what you know, how far you'll go to do the extra, and keep yourself apprised of new things, obtain as much knowledge as possible in your chosen career. Now THAT is how it works! Not some self-absorbed college professor or college telling you need to take X and pay $$$$ because well, you'll need that on your degree, after "reading" or "studying" this BOOK...

Take my oldest son...gets knowledge behind him, does what he needs to do, goes 2 semesters of welding, which to this day tells me that was the biggest waste of my money and his time, has a new job. He wanted more responsibility and more money, and able to do more of what he likes to do. He's been told, he can't "read" welding plans because well, he doesn't have the experience. True to his upbringing, he pushed the envelope, made a bet with his new bosses, and he's been there less than 90 days, and said, I'll bet you a week's pay, that I can read these plans and build it. They said, you're on. And even signed a document releasing them.

He does it. He not only does it, but does it in half the time that the other "experienced" ones are doing it. His welds are microscoped or whatever it is they do to make sure they'll hold, and they pass inspection. Big boss has decided that even before his 90 days are up, he'll receive a $6 an hour increase in salary, is now a lead supervisor who is above the "experienced" and is only 22 years old. Needless to say, he walks a little prouder or shall I say, a little more puffed out... LOL!

As to education. Today in the news, a UK school has deemed kids shall not have "friends"...in Virginia, I believe it was, a liberal teacher asked her middle school students to "vet" and learn everything about the four GOP candidates, and to send same information to someone in Obama's campaign... Today, forget where, principal made announcement for middle school - there shall be no hugging...

Education?

(sorry that was long...got stirred up a bit! LOL!)

#9 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Take my oldest son...gets knowledge behind him, does what he needs to do, goes 2 semesters of welding, which to this day tells me that was the biggest waste of my money and his time, has a new job. He wanted more responsibility and more money, and able to do more of what he likes to do. He's been told, he can't "read" welding plans because well, he doesn't have the experience. True to his upbringing, he pushed the envelope, made a bet with his new bosses, and he's been there less than 90 days, and said, I'll bet you a week's pay, that I can read these plans and build it. They said, you're on. And even signed a document releasing them.

He does it. He not only does it, but does it in half the time that the other "experienced" ones are doing it. His welds are microscoped or whatever it is they do to make sure they'll hold, and they pass inspection. Big boss has decided that even before his 90 days are up, he'll receive a $6 an hour increase in salary, is now a lead supervisor who is above the "experienced" and is only 22 years old. Needless to say, he walks a little prouder or shall I say, a little more puffed out... LOL!

Good post overall and congrats to your son.
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
--

---

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#10 parentofredheads

parentofredheads

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Good post overall and congrats to your son.

Thanks! Now, if I can get that youngest one MOVING!!!!!! LOL! He'll get there... by golley! LOL!

You know I see it every day, especially when I'm head senior mom again...I see these kids, that over half of 'em, I can't match 'em with their parents because they have different last names... or the tales of kids who parents, one or both literally walked out on them, or the many who aren't raised by their parents, but live with their "friends". Or my sons bringing home young women who are from a broken home, weren't raised by their parents, or their female friends who got pregnant, not married, living at home, etc., etc.

And we wonder why kids grow up the way they do! It makes me sick to my stomach, and often, I have to watch myself not grabbing up a parent by the throat... I can't even BEGIN TO TELL YA!

Our sons are very lucky, they have supportive parents; my siblings and myself were very lucky that we had supportive and loving parents, and a grandmother who pushed and pushed. How odd it is to be blessed with a child, only not to parent that child through their early and teenaged years...I will NEVER understand that.

Parents' job is to love, support and educate for life, not leave it up to the govt. or a teacher.

#11 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

^ I hear ya it is sad what a liberal worldview will do to the family structure. I am only 15 (haha) years removed from high school and looking back I was very blessed. The majority (close to 95%) of us lived with a traditional family, my wife and my parents still are married. But to tell a sad story a friend of ours kid ,came home from school confused, asking who his step-parents are. Sad our culture and the Church bought into the liberal mindset of family values and the price we pay now.
--

---

--

#12 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

So you reprint a report about a "comprehensive study" done by an anti-Islamic group. You might as well take what the Klan states in their publications as fact. Good job
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. Franklin D. Roosevelt

#13 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

So you reprint a report about a "comprehensive study" done by an anti-Islamic group. You might as well take what the Klan states in their publications as fact. Good job

Good reply Jane Fonda, and since you claim the article is inaccurate do you wish to provide more then what your muslim boyfriend told you or do you not think for yourself?
--

---

--

#14 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Wow resorting to name calling because I struck a nerve. Obviously your the one who can't think for himself because your reprinting studies on baseless facts by the ACT organization which is anti-Islamic. There are no facts in this study. I really hope your not a JV coach
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. Franklin D. Roosevelt

#15 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Wow resorting to name calling because I struck a nerve. Obviously your the one who can't think for himself because your reprinting studies on baseless facts by the ACT organization which is anti-Islamic. There are no facts in this study. I really hope your not a JV coach

So the answer to my question is..... NO you can not. . And I really hope you are in no way affiliated with our milatary , Major Nidal Malik Hasan.
--

---

--

#16 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

So the answer to my question is..... NO you can not. . And I really hope you are in no way affiliated with our milatary , Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

So basically you can't provide any facts on the validity of the study you just reprint it blindly. Your blatant racism shows ignorance beyond belief. Oh by the way, I'm very much Christian I just happen to think logically
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#17 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

So basically you can't provide any facts on the validity of the study you just reprint it blindly. Your blatant racism shows ignorance beyond belief. Oh by the way, I'm very much Christian I just happen to think logically

So once agian your answer to my question is, NO...
--

---

--

#18 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

http://www.chron.com...ety-1699684.php
Here you go chief. It's sad that people live like its the 50s and refuse to do any research of their own. One of these days you'll be able to sit at the big boys table
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#19 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

http://www.chron.com...ety-1699684.php
Here you go chief. It's sad that people live like its the 50s and refuse to do any research of their own. One of these days you'll be able to sit at the big boys table

The answer is still NO! After doing a short google search one can find out that your boy USSAMA MAKDISI wrote an opinion piece and here are some other opinions of his. So you support your opinion witha guy you thinks Isreal is an illegitmate state and hangs out with supporters of Hezbulla. Anyway you seem like a sincere guy and I encouarge you to keep learning and a good book that talks about the middle east is INSIDE THE REVOLUTION by Joel Rosenburg

http://www.joelrosen...eRevolution.asp

Sorry for the jumping around and spaced out post. but back to the subject on hand< a < a http://www.campus-wa...article/id/5006

Rice's lone modern Middle Eastern studies professor, Ussama Makdisi, organized the lecture series. Makdisi, who teaches students that Israel is an illegitimate colonial state that has "ethnically cleansed" Palestinians from the land, initiated this program three years ago "to provide a forum for perspectives on and from the Arab world." In presenting his series to the Rice community and to the Houston public, Makdisi remarked that it "has brought to Rice leading scholars and journalists who write about the Arab world, not with malice or ignorance, but as part of a perpetual dynamic of inquiry and criticism." Despite this packaging, however, the series has served to advance a clear partisan political agenda, which often centers upon one-sided criticism of, and bias against, Israel.

Lectures past

Two years ago, Ilan Pappé presented as part of Rice's "Arab World" series. Pappé is a committed Marxist who openly advocates the destruction of Israel. A revisionist historian by trade, he repeatedly has been discredited as a fabricator of information. The first speaker in the 2007/08 program was Romi Khouri, who offers courses in anti-Israel propaganda for the east Jerusalem-based Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of International Affairs. Khouri's appearance at Rice was followed up by a presentation from controversial Columbia University professor, Joseph Massad.

At his Nov. 1, 2007, Rice lecture, Massad repeatedly equated Zionism with Nazism. Without citing credible sources, he argued that Israel and its supporters today are perpetrating worse crimes against the Palestinians than Hitler previously had against European Jewry. Makdisi, in his introduction of Massad, praised the Columbia professor as a hero for standing up against an alleged Zionist conspiracy that has attempted to keep him silent. During the lecture's Q&A, challenges to Massad's thesis were stifled, both by Massad and the lecture series' creator, Makdisi, who was one of only a few Rice faculty members in attendance.

At the April 10 Deeb presentation – which had far greater attendance from Rice colleagues and staff members – Makdisi's conspiratorial theorizing was significantly toned down. And, the presenter herself conducted business in a comparatively more professional manner. Pleasantries aside, however, Deeb's lecture on the virtues of the southern Lebanon-based Shiite organization, Hezbollah, was no less one-sided than previous "Arab World" lectures, and no less riddled with half-truths, disputable accusations and partisan advocacy presented as objective observation.
--

---

--

#20 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Jesus jumped up christ man. How many anti-Islamic websites are you going to copy and paste from. Campus-watch is another hatred spewing propaganda machine. See i can do the same thing http://chronicle.com...tion-to/126985/ we can go back and forth with this till the end of time (which I believe you probably feel that we are in the end of days) or we can face the facts that believe it or not there are actually good Muslims out there. The study that was originally posted about makes random references about textbooks without supporting their observations with any facts. It would be the same as me stating that I studied science classes in the East Texas area and found that they are teaching creationism and telling their students that evolution is a load of junk. Anyways, I've got to go back to indoctrinating my kids about how religions are evil and America is about to burn in the fiery pits of Hades because God hates gays and all that stuff. Enjoy
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users