Clockwork: White House, Democrats Demonize and Distort Ryan Budget

KirtFalcon

I agree with you. But the problem is that neither party is willing to make the big cuts. Even with Paul Ryan plan, we are still in debt. Now his plan is better than the dems, but its still does not solve the problem.

In the late 90's, Clinton and the Republicans came up with a plan that had us with a budget surplus. It didn't take yrs to do that. And unfortunately to do that, it took both cuts and increase in revenue. Now we can raise taxes on rich, or cut corporate loopholes. Either way, its going to take both.

Holy cow! I can't believe this, but I agree with JT......again. :o What's this world coming to. Just kidding!

Yes, in order to curb the monumental beaurocracy that is Washington, and their unrestrained spending, there will definitely have to be some unpopular cuts and increased revenue. The problem is I don't think ANY of the elected officials have the intestinal fortitude to do it. Paul Ryan's plan is a step in the right direction, but it'll fall by the wayside because of the opposition. Somebody needs to moderate between the aisles, and BOTH parties will have to agree on spending cuts and increased taxes to balance the budget.

We have enough votes, all you need is a 5-4 vote with the Supreme Court.

Don't be too sure about that. Kennedy is not very reliable.

Obama Care is not going to be free, when are people like you going to get that out of their head ? Unless you are below the poverty line it you won't even get a discount. Even if you are under the poverty line, under many circumstances that's all you will get is a discount, only the extremely poor will get it for FREE.

When did I say Obama care was free. I never said that. Go look at my post that you replied too. This is what I said:

"Once people start getting something from the gov for free (or what appears to be free)"

Notice in parenthesis, is said: (or what appears to be free). That is what I said. I know Obamacare isn't free.

All I know is the budget needs to be reduced, and the only one's trying to do so are the Republicans. These entitlement programs are draining our economy and is the reason that our credit rating dropped. The way I see it, big Government needs to reduce itself. The sad thing is many of our politicians don't think about the future of America, they only care about votes. What's the easiest way to buy votes, and it's with other people's money. Many rights that America think that they are entitled to are not in the Constitution, and in my opinion many of them are unconstitutional. Healthcare, retirement, free/reduced housing, food stamps, unemployment benefits, transportation are not rights.

No they are not rights, but take away foodstamps, housing, and other entitlements and see what will happen. Trust me, it want be pretty. Rioting, increase in crime, more homeless, etc. In a perfect world, we would all work and support ourself. But in reality, there are lazy people who get checks for nothing. You stop that check from coming, and 2 things will happen. They will either become homeless and starve to death or they will become criminals to survive.

I'm just glad I won't be around when the U.S. does implode on itself.

There are not enough seats up for grabs in the upcoming election to accomplish that. It would taken until 2014 to do that, when Obamacare goes into full swing.

exactly, and when the uninsured become insured, they are not going to let that go away without a fight. So Unless you appeal Obamacare now, you are doomed.

my argument had nothing to do with the Wall street protesters. It was about who get the tax hike. Since no party is willing to make major cuts, its going to be a combo of cuts and taxes to fix the debt. No politician in america will raise taxes on anyone making less than 250k a yr. So who gets it. Its going to be the rich. That was my point.

You said in the post that I responded to:

"Now who should get the tax hikes. The 99% or the rich? I know which one the 99% is going to pick."

The 99% is the mantra of the occupy wall street protesters. That's why I commented the way I did. I wish I was as sure about you that the government won't raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000.

The massive deficit spending didn't start overnight, and it's not going to stop all at one time either. That's reality. You are kidding yourself if you think anyone is going to wave a magic wand and stop all the deficit spending. Like I said, Paul Ryan's plan is far and away the best start anyone has come up with. Any deficit\debt plan has to be a spending reduction plan. Raising taxes to try and match the spending is like giving crack to a heroine addict. They would only use any increased revenues to continue the spending spree and try and maintain the out of control deficit spending.

Its the best plan out, but its not the best plan generally speaking. Again, in the late 90's we had a budget surplus. Ryan plan has no budget surplus, so its flawed. Why not just adopted what we did in the 90's to fix the problem.

We should, but the problem is that the Republicans (for good reasons) don't want any tax increases. But tax increase and cuts got us the budget surplus. Trust me, I hate taxes on anyone, but neither party is going to agree to enough cuts, so its going to have to be both tax increase and cuts to get a budget surplus. So who gets the tax increase? I say get rid of corporate loopholes, and take the tax rate back to the Clinton Yrs for those who make over 1 million a yr. Its the only solution.

And for those who say the rich pay most of the taxes, yes its true, but they also have most of the wealth too. The US has ALWAYS had a system in which you make more, you pay more.

Holy cow! I can't believe this, but I agree with JT......again. :o What's this world coming to. Just kidding!

Yes, in order to curb the monumental beaurocracy that is Washington, and their unrestrained spending, there will definitely have to be some unpopular cuts and increased revenue. The problem is I don't think ANY of the elected officials have the intestinal fortitude to do it. Paul Ryan's plan is a step in the right direction, but it'll fall by the wayside because of the opposition. Somebody needs to moderate between the aisles, and BOTH parties will have to agree on spending cuts and increased taxes to balance the budget.

lol. Im not as liberal as some think.

See, this is where you and I disagree... the Feds should NOT pay for the uninsured...let me restate that.

Other taxpayers SHOULD NOT pay for the uninsured taxpayers.

Parents, YOU ALREADY PAY FOR UNINSURED PEOPLE. You pay for it two ways.

1.Uninsured people drive up the costs of insured. Your rates,co-pays, and other medical costs

2.Our tax dollars go to fund "free" clinics, and "free" hospitals.

We already foot the bill for these people. So in order to reduce the cost of the uninsured, you need to get them insured. The republicans came up with this idea in the early 90's. Its actually a brilliant idea. The flaw to the idea is the mandate. BUT..... we already have a mandate for car insurance. If you choose to drive, you must be insured. This is why car insurance stay at a low rate, because (mostly) everyone that drives, purchase car insurance. This is the same model Romneycare uses for health insurance.

By the way, Im not saying I agree with Republican/Romney/Obamacare, Im just stating that in theory in makes alot of sense to drive down health care cost.

You said in the post that I responded to:

"Now who should get the tax hikes. The 99% or the rich? I know which one the 99% is going to pick."

The 99% is the mantra of the occupy wall street protesters. That's why I commented the way I did. I wish I was as sure about you that the government won't raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000.

I said it that way, because the "rich" are 1% of the country.

Its the best plan out, but its not the best plan generally speaking. Again, in the late 90's we had a budget surplus. Ryan plan has no budget surplus, so its flawed. Why not just adopted what we did in the 90's to fix the problem.

We should, but the problem is that the Republicans (for good reasons) don't want any tax increases. But tax increase and cuts got us the budget surplus. Trust me, I hate taxes on anyone, but neither party is going to agree to enough cuts, so its going to have to be both tax increase and cuts to get a budget surplus. So who gets the tax increase? I say get rid of corporate loopholes, and take the tax rate back to the Clinton Yrs for those who make over 1 million a yr. Its the only solution.

And for those who say the rich pay most of the taxes, yes its true, but they also have most of the wealth too. The US has ALWAYS had a system in which you make more, you pay more.

lol. Im not as liberal as some think.

Ryan's plan is flawed because it has no surplus? LOL We are so far from a surplus, that's laughable. No, it doesn't have a surplus, but it gets spending back down to a managable level, it's a great start. As far as the "mythical" Clinton surplus goes, many economists agree it was mostly smoke and mirrors based on the dot.com bubble that burst, it was never a tangible surplus. We need to simplify the tax code and like you said eliminate most of the subsidies and loopholes.

Here's the bottom line ... spending is going to have to be cut dramatically or else our entire economy will collapse in a few short decades. It doesn't matter whether the right or the left agree to reduce spending or not ... bankruptcy will mean we can't pay the bills and the spending will then grind to a halt. They can either fix it now, or the longer they kick the can, the harder it's going to hit when their hands are forced. The tax issue is nothing more than a distraction and political wedge issue for the liberals to exploit, financial collapse is looming unless they dramatically reform budgeting\spending ... regardless of what they do with the tax issue.