• Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think the punishment was over the top for Sean Payton, and the rest was more lenient than I expected from the Goodell. I don't think Gregg Williams will coach again in the NFL, because he had this program at Washington and Buffalo. What this does knock out is any more of players pooling money for big hits, and dissuades any Coach for promoting this type of pool. I think the media had more of an impact on this, because they were acting like the Saints actually knocked someone out of the game, but don't have any proof. In my opinion many of these "bounties" are similar to game #### or corporate sponsor buying someone a suit, watch, television set, dinner for 4 but it was by players. I think many NFL teams have players that huddle up chunk in some money each week, and award the pot or part of the pot to the star player.

Sean Payton is more guilty than Greg Williams. The New Orleans Saints were warned by the NFL to stop the bounty program 2 years ago. Sean Payton decided to disregard that edict and continue to allow bounties. Now he and his team are paying for their arrogance.
Who is John Galt?

#22 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

I think the punishment was over the top for Sean Payton, and the rest was more lenient than I expected from the Goodell. I don't think Gregg Williams will coach again in the NFL, because he had this program at Washington and Buffalo. What this does knock out is any more of players pooling money for big hits, and dissuades any Coach for promoting this type of pool. I think the media had more of an impact on this, because they were acting like the Saints actually knocked someone out of the game, but don't have any proof. In my opinion many of these "bounties" are similar to game #### or corporate sponsor buying someone a suit, watch, television set, dinner for 4 but it was by players. I think many NFL teams have players that huddle up chunk in some money each week, and award the pot or part of the pot to the star player.

You will never get it. THE INTENT WAS THERE. Did they actually knock someone out, probally not. But if they would of ended someones career. They would have taken food out of their families mouth, made them make a different income that probally wouldnt be in the millions. So is the 7.5 million lost by Payton too much............If they would have ended someones career- 7.5 mill is a small chunck.

They played outside the rules and the NFL wont be played this way foward. We will never see this happen again and thank goodness.
You don't violate the integration of the game. and davetv I heard someone on ESPN even say that sportsmanship is the formost of the NFL. Looks like all the teaching that pee-wee so you called does steer them in the right path!!!!!!!!!!

It is not trying to take the great hits out of football that you call all us trying to do.......it is targeting a player and trying to put him in a cart which could end his career. A letter was sent to all teams to stop it, but they were above the law................. time to pay up

#23 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

It appears that Jeremy Shockey was the "snitch". I use that word since that's what Warren Sapp called him.

#24 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

It appears that Jeremy Shockey was the "snitch". I use that word since that's what Warren Sapp called him.

Did you hear Shockey, he got on ESPN radio by phone saying by no way he was the snitch........he was in Off. meetings all the time. Don't know if I trust him though

#25 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Moderators
  • 7,831 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums with my snookems, Eagleborn.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

I don't think there is any footage that shows an intent to bend the rules to injure a player. I take comfort in that.

Now that a day has passed, Sean Payton got the punishment he did due to lying to the NFL's face about his knowledge of the program. I haven't read the 1500 pages, nor will I, but I still think the entire season is still a bit too much.

And no, this isn't the death penalty yet... The Saints still have a full roster and "some" coaching staff left. I, honestly believe that the Saints go from being a legit SB contender this year to a 8-8 or 9-7 Cowboyish finish this year. Too much talent still there (for now) to expect less.

I think the Saints lock up a long-term deal with Brees soon to quiet the storm. Ugh, NFL will not be fun this year...

COME VOTE IN THE COLLEGE FORUMS TOP 10 EACH WEEK! THIS IS OUR USER POLL AND IT IS A GOOD TOPIC OF CONVERSATION. ALL BALLOTS NEED TO BE YOUR TOP 10 ONLY AND SENT TO ME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM)! DEADLINE WILL BE EVERY TUESDAY AT A RANDOM TIME... SO GET THEM TO ME ON MONDAY EACH WEEK! 

http://www.smoaky.co...howtopic=144539

#26 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,772 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Sean Payton is more guilty than Greg Williams. The New Orleans Saints were warned by the NFL to stop the bounty program 2 years ago. Sean Payton decided to disregard that edict and continue to allow bounties. Now he and his team are paying for their arrogance.

There's more to it than the in house defensive bonus plan. The NFL suspended Sean Payton not only for that, but for this as well : http://www.huffingto...e_n_560087.html

This makes more sense why he got a year suspension.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#27 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,953 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

i just read the topic caption. neaux way has this knot bin dun b4 or common. this little slick blondie calling himself
a commisioner is a loon. you hurt another player of import when you can. it has been the mantra since ge couldn't
get the lights right.

????? I thought I was a bad poster.

#28 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,953 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

pete rozelle and tex schramm just sent a text message from beyond. "leave gewd enuff alone!"

Posted Image

and yew still are

I wouldn't talk your time is short lived on smoaky.

#29 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,953 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

maybe short lived but it carries a punch. yours ###.

ok I realize I am dealing with a special poster . There no win.

#30 Crawford

Crawford

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

ok I realize I am dealing with a special poster . There no win.

Just another troll. And by the way he spells he maybe related to doomer. lol!

#31 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,027 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Roger Goddell aint playin around

He just stole Jack McCoy's title, "Hang Em High"
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#32 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,027 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

The wussification of the NFL continues...

Please explain a program with the full intentional and premeditated thinking of hurting someone?

This wasn't an issue of cheating but unethical sportsmanship.
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#33 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Please explain a program with the full intentional and premeditated thinking of hurting someone?

This wasn't an issue of cheating but unethical sportsmanship.

Then I guess Keith Brooking should be banned from the NFL for this :

"We're going to hit 'em after they get up. We're going to hit them in the mouth, we're going to bloody their nose."

From 2009-2011 Saints defensive players were fined a total of $45,000 for illegal hits. I have read that over the last three years the Saints were one of the top 5 teams for roughing the passer penalties, who were the other 4 teams ? While the Saints as a team are taking the brunt of the punishment for this, it happens with many other teams. I've heard numerous defensive players say that it happens with many teams. Of course they don't name what teams do it.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

#34 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

There's more to it than the in house defensive bonus plan. The NFL suspended Sean Payton not only for that, but for this as well : http://www.huffingto...e_n_560087.html

This makes more sense why he got a year suspension.

That's two seperate occurances that the NFL has used the word cover-up regarding Payton. I'm glad he went to New Orleans instead of becoming the Cowboys HC.
Who is John Galt?

#35 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Then I guess Keith Brooking should be banned from the NFL for this :

"We're going to hit 'em after they get up. We're going to hit them in the mouth, we're going to bloody their nose."

From 2009-2011 Saints defensive players were fined a total of $45,000 for illegal hits. I have read that over the last three years the Saints were one of the top 5 teams for roughing the passer penalties, who were the other 4 teams ? While the Saints as a team are taking the brunt of the punishment for this, it happens with many other teams. I've heard numerous defensive players say that it happens with many teams. Of course they don't name what teams do it.

Did Brooking suggest a specific target? Did he attach a dollar value to any individual or injury?
Who is John Galt?

#36 Crawford

Crawford

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image

I wouldn't talk your time is short lived on smoaky.

You hit the nail on the head. GeauxWest is history. Smoaky took him off faster then he got on.

#37 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Did Brooking suggest a specific target? Did he attach a dollar value to any individual or injury?

So what is different between a person who wants to hurt a specific group of people and a specific person? Nothing, they are both wrong. But what is the diffrence between football and being PC? A lot. So see what the saints did was maybe not nice and PC, but it aint nothing new. I mean how many people from the redskins are going to get in trouble for how they publicly said Romo is gonna get hurt? Ever heard of Buddy Ryan or Jerry Glanville? It aint new but what is scary is people thinking a harsh punishment is ok becuase the pc police say it is ok based on the rule of 51% and how it makes one feel.
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#38 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

So what is different between a person who wants to hurt a specific group of people and a specific person? Nothing, they are both wrong. But what is the diffrence between football and being PC? A lot. So see what the saints did was maybe not nice and PC, but it aint nothing new. I mean how many people from the redskins are going to get in trouble for how they publicly said Romo is gonna get hurt? Ever heard of Buddy Ryan or Jerry Glanville? It aint new but what is scary is people thinking a harsh punishment is ok becuase the pc police say it is ok based on the rule of 51% and how it makes one feel.

You're trying to describe the difference between football and bounties
Who is John Galt?

#39 goldandwhite

goldandwhite

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

Brooking can't catch an offensive player any longer to bloody their nose.

#40 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Do we know that they didn't ? I'm sure that envelopes were passed at dinners or someone had to pay for said dinner for not making a crucial play. In paragraph 6 of this article we know the Cowboys have these dinners each week. "James is in an interesting position. He's led the Cowboys in tackles the last six years and is still considered the heart and soul of the Cowboys' defense. He's such a leader that he gathers the defensive players for a weekly dinner during the season." http://espn.go.com/d...l-year-contract

The reason I take the stance that I do with the Saints is because: 1) I never saw anyone intentionally injured 2) We didn't see one bit of video proof that the Saints were trying to injure anyone. 3) I don't have any qualms or problems with a defensive unit pooling their own funds for great hits, interceptions, fumble recoveries, crucial stops in various stages of the game, even putting a legal hit on a player that does knock them out of the game. 4) I never heard the Saints brag, like the Giants did that they were trying to take someone out of a crucial game. Or like the Redskins did when they said they were going to "target" a player. 5) One of the reasons that I love football is because of both great plays by the offense, and the defense. 6) No NFL player in their right mind is going to take a cheap shot on an opposing player, and risk their NFL salary for a $5,000 - $25,000 bonus that wouldn't even cover a fine or suspension for a cheap shot from the NFL.

I never saw anything even close to this by the Saints :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users