56 replies to this topic

#41 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

What Democrat is the best example you can give of that being the case?

I just named the case in Louisiana. Edwards was better than David Duke.
Proverbs Ch.18:2

Proverbs Ch.26:4-5

Proverbs Ch.29:9,11,& 20

#42 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Most people that were alive in the 70's were Democrats after Nixon in 1976, so this news article doesn't faze me. If the Democrats ran a conservative candidate for President, maybe I would vote for them. They haven't since I started voting in Presidential elections. I didn't even vote for my own cousin who was a Democrat running for office.

By the way Duke was a Democrat when he belonged to the Klan, so maybe he became born again. I would have voted for Buddy Roemer, but I've never lived in Louisiana.

true, but he was Republican when he ran. So what does that say about the republican party. The racist Dems leave the party and become Republican. And it ain't a coincidence that when the civil rights bill was signed, the Democrat South became a republican strong hold.

#43 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

I would have voted for Buddy Roemer, but I've never lived in Louisiana.

Oh yea, your only choices were Edwards and Duke, because there was a run-off. Roemer lost in the first election. By the way, Roemer was also a Dem turned Republican.

So again, if a choice between Edwards the Dem, and Duke the Klan Republican, who would you have voted for? (rhetorical question)

#44 OldSchool

OldSchool

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

All the finger pointing and party faults is crud. Byrd from West Virginia was a democrat and in the Klan. Black folks were voting for George Wallace in Alabama before it was all over with. Politicians change colors, or sheets, if it well help them. obama is coming on as a guy in the middle, ie. more conservative etc--at least that is what media wants us to hear. But he got caught in the Mic with his statemetns on Russia and he is playing victim to the left , so we all know better.
I dont qualify for a job with the Obama administration...I pay my taxes

#45 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

All the finger pointing and party faults is crud. Byrd from West Virginia was a democrat and in the Klan. Black folks were voting for George Wallace in Alabama before it was all over with. Politicians change colors, or sheets, if it well help them. obama is coming on as a guy in the middle, ie. more conservative etc--at least that is what media wants us to hear. But he got caught in the Mic with his statemetns on Russia and he is playing victim to the left , so we all know better.

exactly, and Byrd wouldn't have go my vote. Also, something you must know, is that West Virginia, locally, (like Arkansas) is a heavy Democrat (Dixiecrat) state. But it has voted republican in the last 3 elections. Also, Bryd was not punished for being a Klan member because the state has a 3% Black population. Many just forget about it, because, there isn't many blacks there to discriminate against. Its sad, but its true. They turned a blind eye to it, and the Dems gave him a pass because he kept the state blue for the senate. Also, Byrd apologized many times for it. But again, Why did the majority Democrat South turn Republican? Because of the Civil Rights bill. So Republicans, don't have a leg to stand on anymore, because they gladly took in all the racist from the Democrat party.

But you are right, at the end of the day, George Wallace apologized for his positions, and blacks voted for him. Your quote is perfect "Politicians change colors, or sheets, if it well help them." Very Willard Romney like. lol. And the people vote for them, as if it never happened.

#46 goldandwhite

goldandwhite

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I just named the case in Louisiana. Edwards was better than David Duke.

That was 21 years ago, and in your post that I responded to you used the present tense, "is more conservative", in making your claim. Do you have any present day examples of a Dem being more conservative than a Republican? You said there are "many cases" of that happening.

#47 KirtFalcon

KirtFalcon

Liberalism is a disease ... and I'm the cure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,928 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Oh yea, your only choices were Edwards and Duke, because there was a run-off. Roemer lost in the first election. By the way, Roemer was also a Dem turned Republican.

So again, if a choice between Edwards the Dem, and Duke the Klan Republican, who would you have voted for? (rhetorical question)

Now that's a laugh. I guess that's why Edwards spent the past several years in the Big House for corruption. Edwards was one of the most corrupt governors in American history.

GARRISON BULLDOGS - 2003 Class AA Div II State Champs

"It still amazes me that letting hard working Americans keep more of their hard earned wages is considered government spending by liberals." - KF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-atf.gif

#48 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Now that's a laugh. I guess that's why Edwards spent the past several years in the Big House for corruption. Edwards was one of the most corrupt governors in American history.

I never said either was perfect, but I rather have corruption, than someone who is a Klan member. By the way, a poll was taking in Louisiana, and many said they would vote for Edwards over current gov Bobby Jindal.

#49 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

That was 21 years ago, and in your post that I responded to you used the present tense, "is more conservative", in making your claim. Do you have any present day examples of a Dem being more conservative than a Republican? You said there are "many cases" of that happening.

Rep. Jason Altmire and Oklahoma Rep. Dan Boren, are just two who come to mind. Sen.Ben Nelson is also very conservative. But if you go down to the state and local level, there are very many conservative democrats.

#50 JTFAN99

JTFAN99

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

also my response didn't exactly mean now, it meant throughout a lifetime. Dave had said he had never in his life voted for a Dem and that he probably was not going to start. Im not sure how old Dave is, but if there is going to come a point in which the Dem candidate is better than the conservative candidate. And vice versa. Just voting with one party (republican or Dem) all the time seems a little crazy to me, because both parties have candidates that have had some major moral and ethical issues. Really, I prefer you vote for neither party, but sometimes there isn't a choice.

#51 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 33,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Who is the conservative for whom you speak? Becuase all I see is the cancer of liberal idealolgy in different stages.

The only real conservative in this election is Ron Paul....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

#52 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 33,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

That is where you are flat out wrong. Romney is a business man and will not continue the spending at anywhere near the destructive level as Obama and the liberals in congress. He knows it's the only chance we have of saving America financially. He may not be able to balance the budget in his first term like all true conservatives want, put I guarantee you he will get us headed in the right direction ... WHICH IS VERY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT OBAMA IS DOING! Romney will not be a class warfare and wealth distribution Marxist either. Romney will kick Eric Holder out of office so fast he won't know what hit him. Romney will appoint far less liberal Supreme Court justices than Obama ... that issue alone is worth voting for him over a defacto Obama vote. Do you really believe if RP got elected that he could actually change the economic system back to what you are advocating ... absolutely not! Nobody in congress would work with him. Colmes, I know you mean well and want the best for America, I do too, but you need a good dose of reality! We will never survive what Obama is doing to America holding out for something that is NEVER going to happen! Face reality and go with it and at least do the best we can for the future. If we don't stop Obama, whatever economic system we are under won't even matter. The economy is important, but it's not even the most important issue in my mind.

I can hear the same talking points watchin goptv..I mean Fox....yet I see your guys record when he was IN office....your savior passed the same healthcare act for Mass. that obama forced on the rest of us....not a bit of difference....YOU need to recognize that there is no difference between the parties anymore and BOTH of them are destroying what our founders left to us.....we'll never survive what ANY of them want to do, because they are not going to do a single thing to change the economic situation, despite all the lies that they tell the gullible just to sway their vote.....look at the record, not the sound byte.....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

#53 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 33,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Exactly, the most important thing is to oust the Marxist.

They are all FASCISTS....none of them BUT Ron Paul even checks the Constitution to see if they have the authority to do what they are planning to do.....so one fascist is just as good as another.....

You may not be buying Romney but that is who you are going to get, at least for the Republican Party.

Obama Democrat
Romney Republican
Other not even close party

..and that gurarantees another term for obama.....

#54 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 33,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Romney wasn't running against Obama in Michigan. Huge difference. And for the record, Romney IS NOT doing the same things as Obama. That comparison is intellectually dishonest and ridiculous.

OK....maybe YOU think there's a difference between romneycare and obamacare, but I dont' see it....and NEITHER one of them gives a rats butt about Constitutional authority....another similarity.....don't SAY comparisons are dishonest and ridiculous....SHOW ME where they are dishonest and ridiculous without reprinting the gopper talking points for the day......

#55 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,921 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Dave, you really believe that. Why don't you guys give Obama the same benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was a liberal because he lived in Chicago, Maybe he attended J.Wright church for political reasons, and etc. But republicans don't give Obama a pass for that. Instead you guys use that against him. (as you should). But instead Romney gets the "well he lived in Mass excuse". Romney was very rich at the time he ran for Gov and Senator of Mass. He knew Mass was very liberal before he moved there. He chose to live there are run for Gov and Senate of the state. He could have chose to live in a more conservative state and run that way. But instead he pick Mass, and he ran as a liberal republican.

He was pro-choice. (very ironic for a Mormon). Said he was more pro choice than Ted Kennedy
He was anti Ronald Reagan
He said he didn't line up with the NRA
Pro global warming
He believed gays should openly serve in Gov
He was once against the ban on Same Sex Marriage
He was for Individual Mandate for the entire US
He was for Tarp
He was for Car Bailouts

If this guy isn't to the left, then what is he. You guys give Romney a pass because you want Obama to lose, but If Obama had flipped on issues as much as Romney, you guys would be all over him, just like the Republicans did John Kerry.

How can you trust a guy who flips this much. Its obvious he will say anything to be elected. Im with Colmes, he is no different than Obama. Actually he is worse, because at least you know Obama is center-left. You don't know what you are getting with Romney.

I agree with JT!! And I will throw in they both go to church that might use the name Jesus but it aint the Jesus of the Bible and to all my BLT and LDS friends believe what you want and worship how you want you got that right, but just do not think it is orthodox.

ask your self which is better a morman marxism or obama marxism.

I have heard something like this before but I went to a LDS forum to get this so in the coming months we may hear more about this but remember JV_COACH told you first.
http://www.lds.net/f...nstitution.html

Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, 618-619 — The Lord told the Prophet Joseph Smith
there would be an attempt to overthrow the country by destroying the
Constitution. Joseph Smith predicted that the time would come when the
Constitution would hang, as it were, by a thread, and at that time “this people
will step forth and save it from the threatened destruction” (Journal of
Discourses, 7:15). ....In the Journal 7:15, we read,
Will the Constitution be destroyed? No: it will be held inviolate by this people; and, as Joseph Smith said, "The time will come when the destiny of the nation will hang upon a single thread. At a critical juncture, this people will step forth and save it from the threatened destruction." It will be so. (July 4, 1854)

The other part the Benson uses, but doesn't cite, is
Quote:Brethren and sisters, our friends wish to know our feelings toward the Government. I answer, they are first-rate, and we will prove it too, as you will see if you only live long enough, for that we shall live to prove it is certain; and when the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the "Mormon" Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it. (Brigham Young, JD 2:182, February 18, 155)
-----
Now tie all that with the Morman belief that when thier Jesus comes back he will set up his kingdom in Independence Mizzum and all wealth will be distributed from there. Can ya start to see that Morman Mitt has a Red streak to him just like Obama, but Mitts red streak is a lil more whitewashed.
And Remember what Paul told the Galatians and then next time you see an LDS add look to see if they promte another testament aka another gospel.
Galatians 1:8-9
King James Version (KJV) http://www.biblegate...8-9&version=KJV

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#56 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 33,350 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

I agree with JT!! And I will throw in they both go to church that might use the name Jesus but it aint the Jesus of the Bible and to all my BLT and LDS friends believe what you want and worship how you want you got that right, but just do not think it is orthodox.

ask your self which is better a morman marxism or obama marxism.

I have heard something like this before but I went to a LDS forum to get this so in the coming months we may hear more about this but remember JV_COACH told you first.
http://www.lds.net/f...nstitution.html

Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, 618-619 — The Lord told the Prophet Joseph Smith
there would be an attempt to overthrow the country by destroying the
Constitution. Joseph Smith predicted that the time would come when the
Constitution would hang, as it were, by a thread, and at that time “this people
will step forth and save it from the threatened destruction” (Journal of
Discourses, 7:15). ....In the Journal 7:15, we read,
Will the Constitution be destroyed? No: it will be held inviolate by this people; and, as Joseph Smith said, "The time will come when the destiny of the nation will hang upon a single thread. At a critical juncture, this people will step forth and save it from the threatened destruction." It will be so. (July 4, 1854)

The other part the Benson uses, but doesn't cite, is
Quote:Brethren and sisters, our friends wish to know our feelings toward the Government. I answer, they are first-rate, and we will prove it too, as you will see if you only live long enough, for that we shall live to prove it is certain; and when the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the "Mormon" Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it. (Brigham Young, JD 2:182, February 18, 155)
-----
Now tie all that with the Morman belief that when thier Jesus comes back he will set up his kingdom in Independence Mizzum and all wealth will be distributed from there. Can ya start to see that Morman Mitt has a Red streak to him just like Obama, but Mitts red streak is a lil more whitewashed.
And Remember what Paul told the Galatians and then next time you see an LDS add look to see if they promte another testament aka another gospel.
Galatians 1:8-9
King James Version (KJV) http://www.biblegate...8-9&version=KJV

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

EXACTLY the reason why the "Christian right" won't be giving anything but lukewarm support for the gopper nominee....and you said it, there's not a bit of difference between a liberal who refuses to seek Constutituonal authority for what he does or a conservative who refuses to seek Constitutional authority for what he does.....BOTH are tyrants and dictators because they refuse to be held in check by the founding document of this nation.....so I ask again, what's the difference???

#57 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,921 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

^ I do not think that Romney is a conservative, but I do now understand what your saying.
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users