256 replies to this topic

#1 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

The top three QBs in the draft this year will all be from the great state of Texas. There is a good chance all three will be top five draft picks as well.

#2 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

The top three QBs in the draft this year will all be from the great state of Texas. There is a good chance all three will be top five draft picks as well.

Apparently, Tanny had an outstanding pro day
My link

#3 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

I was actually surprised at how well he did. His foot gave him no trouble and he ran well for a guy of his size.

#4 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

I was actually surprised at how well he did. His foot gave him no trouble and he ran well for a guy of his size.

Yea... He ran an official 4.58 despite having a screw put in his foot less than 3 months ago. He would have been pushing the high 4.4s if he had been able to workout the whole time with no rehab.

His pro day was great. Nobody is questioning his abilities IMO. The question about him is also his biggest attribute. He has only started 19 games. Some look at that as not enough to make him a franchise qb. Others love it because it means he has a ton of room to grow. He may or may not pan out, but I watched his, rg3 and luck on their pro days, and tannehill is as physically capable as they are. He can make all the same throws and is very good with his feet. Scouts even say he has the best pocket presence of the bunch. As he gains experience at the position, his abilities will only grow. People calling him a 2nd round talent are not football smart. He has all the tools of a top 10 qb. He just needs the experience. He is also a very smart kid. Got accepted into medical school...
Hate to lose more than you love to win, and winning will be your only option!

#5 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yea... He ran an official 4.58 despite having a screw put in his foot less than 3 months ago. He would have been pushing the high 4.4s if he had been able to workout the whole time with no rehab.

His pro day was great. Nobody is questioning his abilities IMO. The question about him is also his biggest attribute. He has only started 19 games. Some look at that as not enough to make him a franchise qb. Others love it because it means he has a ton of room to grow. He may or may not pan out, but I watched his, rg3 and luck on their pro days, and tannehill is as physically capable as they are. He can make all the same throws and is very good with his feet. Scouts even say he has the best pocket presence of the bunch. As he gains experience at the position, his abilities will only grow. People calling him a 2nd round talent are not football smart. He has all the tools of a top 10 qb. He just needs the experience. He is also a very smart kid. Got accepted into medical school...

I get the feeling that he falls to eight and ends up with Sherman in Miami. I also keep hearing Cleveland at #4, but I think they go in another direction there.

#6 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I get the feeling that he falls to eight and ends up with Sherman in Miami. I also keep hearing Cleveland at #4, but I think they go in another direction there.

I thought that too, but Cleveland is having a private workout with him next week I believe. He may be the guy for them...

The sleeper team IMO is Seattle. I know they just signed Flynn, but he was told when signing he would be battling for the position. The Seahawks are relatively solid just need a couple of pieces in a weak NFC west. It wouldnt shock me for them to trade up and take tannehill at 3. Thats a long shot though. I think he ends up in Cleveland.

#7 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

The only excuse I can see for calling Tanny a second-round talent is his questionable decision making in key situations. I don't feel like he displayed an ability to "rally the troops" or be a game changer for the Aggies at QB. Room to grow? Absolutely, but you have to prove it on the field first. IMO.

#8 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

The only excuse I can see for calling Tanny a second-round talent is his questionable decision making in key situations. I don't feel like he displayed an ability to "rally the troops" or be a game changer for the Aggies at QB. Room to grow? Absolutely, but you have to prove it on the field first. IMO.

I actually agree with you there... But how much of that could be a part of Sherman's inability to adjust in the second half play calling?

I also saw where matt mayock said yesterday the Aggies dropped 65 passes on the the tape he watched. That's crazy. That's about 5 a game. Imagine if at least 2 of those came on third down in the 4th quarter. That's huge for his production, his confidence and the Aggies win/loss record. Another 3-7 points from a dropped 3rd down in the clutch and the ags finish the season closer to 9-3 or 10-2 than 6-6. 5 losses were by 1 td or less.

#9 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

I actually agree with you there... But how much of that could be a part of Sherman's inability to adjust in the second half play calling?

I also saw where matt mayock said yesterday the Aggies dropped 65 passes on the the tape he watched. That's crazy. That's about 5 a game. Imagine if at least 2 of those came on third down in the 4th quarter. That's huge for his production, his confidence and the Aggies win/loss record. Another 3-7 points from a dropped 3rd down in the clutch and the ags finish the season closer to 9-3 or 10-2 than 6-6. 5 losses were by 1 td or less.

Brandon Weeden had tons of dropped passes all season too, even to Blackmon. It's just part of the game. But yes, it could have a lot to do with play calling, but again, we won't know until he takes the field sunday.

#10 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Mike Mayock has said all along he thought Tannehill would go in the top 15. Last I heard Miami was a distinct possibility at 9 with Cleveland picking him at 4, or dealing down a couple of spots, an outside chance. I'd be shocked if he wasn't drafted my Miami at the latest. after that there are several teams that don't need a QB, unless KC pulls the trigger, it could be a long wait for Tannehill.
Who is John Galt?

#11 BeatNavy

BeatNavy

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

is McCoy out at Cleveland? That is a lousy team and he paid a pretty heavy physical price at QB for them.

Mike Mayock has said all along he thought Tannehill would go in the top 15. Last I heard Miami was a distinct possibility at 9 with Cleveland picking him at 4, or dealing down a couple of spots, an outside chance. I'd be shocked if he wasn't drafted my Miami at the latest. after that there are several teams that don't need a QB, unless KC pulls the trigger, it could be a long wait for Tannehill.

#12 mandalorian9

mandalorian9

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Family time, hunting, and fishing

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Sounds kinda like Aaron Rodgers situation a few years ago...

#13 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

is McCoy out at Cleveland? That is a lousy team and he paid a pretty heavy physical price at QB for them.

No. He is still there. He just isn't the answer at qb. The browns are looking to draft a qb either this yer or next.

#14 GWalum07

GWalum07

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Oh UT fans hate to hear that too. My father in law still thinks the browns would rather have Colt than take a better option in Griffin or Tanehill. I think the redskins should take Tanehil because personally I rather not have to root against RG3.

No. He is still there. He just isn't the answer at qb. The browns are looking to draft a qb either this yer or next.

#15 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

We are talking about the Browns here, and Cart doesn't have the key players to make him successful IMO.

#16 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,095 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Tannehill won't fare any better in Cleveland than McCoy. The problem there is not Colt McCoy, but the Browns organization. Colt has plenty of talent to be successful in the NFL. Tannehill can't sniff what Colt accomplished in college. He has no receivers and no O-line. Cleveland is the worst possible place for a young qb to go. If the aggy faithful want Tannehill to succeed in the pros, they better be hoping he ends up elsewhere.

#17 LobosOnTop

LobosOnTop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Sports: Football at all levels, baseball, college basketball and hockey.
    Proud Lobo graduate of 2005 and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2009! WHOOP!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Tannehill won't fare any better in Cleveland than McCoy. The problem there is not Colt McCoy, but the Browns organization. Colt has plenty of talent to be successful in the NFL. Tannehill can't sniff what Colt accomplished in college. He has no receivers and no O-line. Cleveland is the worst possible place for a young qb to go. If the aggy faithful want Tannehill to succeed in the pros, they better be hoping he ends up elsewhere.

I actually agree with you so I guess the apocalypse will happen this year Posted Image

#18 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

I agree with the last part, but not the first. The Texas defense was responsible for 90% of those wins in college. When, in a meaningful game, did colt ever just step up and wow you in his college career? Not saying he wasn't successful, but in terms of a "prospect" what did he show that makes him better than tannehill? Tannehill is bigger, faster, stronger arm, is used to a nfl system, and has a better deep ball. I don't think the browns will be much better with either of them, but tannehill has a much higher upside than McCoy.

#19 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

I agree with the last part, but not the first. The Texas defense was responsible for 90% of those wins in college. When, in a meaningful game, did colt ever just step up and wow you in his college career? Not saying he wasn't successful, but in terms of a "prospect" what did he show that makes him better than tannehill? Tannehill is bigger, faster, stronger arm, is used to a nfl system, and has a better deep ball. I don't think the browns will be much better with either of them, but tannehill has a much higher upside than McCoy.

Did you watch any Texas games? McCoy made HUGE plays every Saturday with his arm and legs.

#20 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,156 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I agree with some yes the defense was great, recievers special but he won without a good running back. = he was good you dont become the 2nd leading qb in wins and not be a gamer. I would have taking him as my aggie qb wowowow I just defending bevo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users