JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,899 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...67-million-debt
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Former NFL star Warren Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to creditors and back child support and alimony, according to a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing in South Florida.

Sapp's $6.45 million in assets includes 240 pairs of Jordan athletic shoes worth almost $6,500; a $2,250 watch; and a lion skin rug worth $1,200.

He also reported losing his 2002 Super Bowl ring with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and his 1991 national championship ring from the University of Miami.The court documents were filed March 30 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Fort Lauderdale. TMZ.com first reported the filing. A phone message and email left Saturday with Sapp's attorney, Chad Pugatch, were not immediately returned.

Sapp's average monthly income is $115,881, according to the filings, and includes $45,000 for a final contract payment with Showtime; $48,000 for an appearance with CCA Sports; and $18,675 as an advance for a book deal.

His contract with the NFL Network ends in August, the filings show, and it was unknown if the contract will be renewed.

Sapp, a former defensive tackle for the Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders during his 13-year NFL career, also was a contestant on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

He was arrested in 2010 following an alleged domestic violence incident at a Miami Beach hotel. He would have faced one count of misdemeanor domestic battery, but prosecutors declined to prosecute, saying in court documents that there were inconsistencies in the victim's statements and evidence.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#2 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'll buy the lion skin rug off of him. :)

#3 stoneykelly

stoneykelly

Backwoods Mafia

• Moderators
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

What size are the shoes?

#4 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'll buy the lion skin rug off of him. :)

Now that is funny and soft ( the feeling of laying on a lion for guys like davetv and all to get it)

#5 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,899 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

What size are the shoes?

That many shoes for that large of a man could have covered every barefoot in Africa.
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
--

---

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#6 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,027 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

That many shoes for that large of a man could have covered every barefoot in Africa.

Shoe collections are actually a hobby. A very expensive and to me not the best interesting hobby but hey...
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 partsman66

partsman66

PARTSMAN THE FEARMONGERER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

$115,881 a month???? I had a boss that told me once "Son it's not that you don't make enough money. Your just living beyond your means" . Warren might be living beyond his too. lol

#8 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,899 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Shoe collections are actually a hobby. A very expensive and to me not the best interesting hobby but hey...

Tell me about it,for my wife has the same hobby.
--

---

--

#9 CoachTobinReid

CoachTobinReid

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Good for him.
Thank you,

Coach Tobin L. Reid
Brownsboro HS

"A good coach improves your game. A great coach improves your life."

#10 DLine06

DLine06

• Moderators
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Tell me about it,for my wife has the same hobby.

I was watching a couple episodes of Cribbs as well as online. Some athletes and famous people have a whole room dedicated to just shoes. No curtains, windows, clothes...just shoes like toys in toys r us.
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#11 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

I was watching a couple episodes of Cribbs as well as online. Some athletes and famous people have a whole room dedicated to just shoes. No curtains, windows, clothes...just shoes like toys in toys r us.

It's ridiculous and these are the same people that cry when the union and owners can't come upon an agreement.

#12 sackem

sackem

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Warren Sapp is a Sapp.

#13 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,696 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Warren Sapp is a Sapp.

I agree anybody that doesn't have that much sense to save your money. You can't play football forever.

#14 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I agree anybody that doesn't have that much sense to save your money. You can't play football forever.

More money more problems. Lol.

#15 Hayseed

Hayseed

Backwater Sportswriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Daaaaannnnnnnnnnng, how many kids does Warren have?

#16 stoneykelly

stoneykelly

Backwoods Mafia

• Moderators
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Not as many as Antonio Cromartie. Think he has 10 kids by either 8 or 10 different women.

#17 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,684 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

More money more problems. Lol.

It's not necessarily problems, it's people coming out of the woodwork for money. I know that Charles Barkley has had his problems in Vegas and other things, but what he said is true. "You have to tell them no". He was on WJOX and spoke about this problem, that many Professional athletes have cousins, high school friends, college friends, that all beg for a piece of the action. Usually these are people that never had any money, and once they get it they spend it lavishly on houses, cars, jewelry, shoes, at restaurants and clubs etc... They think that once they've made it to the mountaintop, that nothing will bring them down. I think it's sad, but many get with financial "guru's" who only milk them of their money.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#18 DLine06

DLine06

• Moderators
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

It's ridiculous and these are the same people that cry when the union and owners can't come upon an agreement.

True but then again keep in mind that owners were wanting to have an 18 game season on top of 4 preseason games and the regular playoff format despite the issues of concussions and injuries and the amount of time it takes to recover.

#19 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

True but then again keep in mind that owners were wanting to have an 18 game season on top of 4 preseason games and the regular playoff format despite the issues of concussions and injuries and the amount of time it takes to recover.

I don't want to hear that. Tell my boss that while I'm working 48-72 hrs every week at my job. They can handle it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users