http://espn.go.com/b...t-for-tony-romo

#2 goldandwhite

goldandwhite

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Maybe T.O.'s arena football teammates will sympathize with him on this. Not many others will.

#3 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Words of former Cowboy TO.

http://espn.go.com/b...t-for-tony-romo

Words from who....................... Us Cowboy fans don't put ANYTHING into what he says. The QB has very little if ANY GM moves say.
Nice try UJ.

#4 FrumTheeUtherSyde

FrumTheeUtherSyde

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

i would trust t-owens ANYDAY before the jones-es, including romo. can anyone of right mind say that something is KNOT going on between romo and nip-tuck?

carrie and the other well-known blonde simpson chick from richardson high can't be wrong. maybe berkner, who cares.

#5 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,046 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

wow kinda bold to say when you been the cancer to how many teams lol~

#6 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

i would trust t-owens ANYDAY before the jones-es, including romo. can anyone of right mind say that something is KNOT going on between romo and nip-tuck?

carrie and the other well-known blonde simpson chick from richardson high can't be wrong. maybe berkner, who cares.

+1. Lol.

#7 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Didn't see anything new in this article. It was written by MANY beat writers at the time that Romo wanted T.O. gone. Owens has always been a self-centered guy. Certainly not taking his side in anything, but at the time there were other WRs that complained about the "favoritism" in where some of Romo's throws were going. I've defended TO some in the past because love him or hate him his numbers were there. Many said the Cowboys would soar to new heights when "the cancer" was gone. Well??? ............ still waiting
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#8 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

When he sheds tears for another man you got to believe he really cared for Romo and Dallas. Proof is in the pudding.

#9 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Didn't see anything new in this article. It was written by MANY beat writers at the time that Romo wanted T.O. gone. Owens has always been a self-centered guy. Certainly not taking his side in anything, but at the time there were other WRs that complained about the "favoritism" in where some of Romo's throws were going. I've defended TO some in the past because love him or hate him his numbers were there. Many said the Cowboys would soar to new heights when "the cancer" was gone. Well??? ............ still waiting

I have to agree, we've been to the playoffs once since T.O. left in 2008. I didn't have any problems with T.O. when he was with Dallas except when he broke his hand, and dropped some touchdown passes. I realize that some Cowboys fans are happy with mediocrity that the Dallas Cowboys have turned into, but we're a long way from achieving a Super Bowl victory.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#10 kylews8973

kylews8973

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have to agree, we've been to the playoffs once since T.O. left in 2008. I didn't have any problems with T.O. when he was with Dallas except when he broke his hand, and dropped some touchdown passes. I realize that some Cowboys fans are happy with mediocrity that the Dallas Cowboys have turned into, but we're a long way from achieving a Super Bowl victory.

So you think T.O. not being here is why we have suffered thru mediocre seasons? I don't know man, I like our receivers personally. Since TO has been gone, in 38 games in which Romo has qb'd, he's thrown for 68 tds to only 26 interceptions, 10,272 yards, and a qb rating over somewhere around 100, so our offense is moving the ball down the field and we are scoring tds through the air, so obviously our passing game isn't the problem. Maybe it was the fact that we've had 15 total rushing touchdowns over the past two seasons, which is unbelievably inept, considering we do take the ball down the field plenty. Oh, that and our defense is one big pile of ###.

#11 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

So you think T.O. not being here is why we have suffered thru mediocre seasons?

I don't think that's what he meant. Personally just don't think TO was the "cancer" that kept them from getting over the top, which a lot of fans were claiming at the time. Dallas was mediocre then and is now
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#12 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

So you think T.O. not being here is why we have suffered thru mediocre seasons? I don't know man, I like our receivers personally. Since TO has been gone, in 38 games in which Romo has qb'd, he's thrown for 68 tds to only 26 interceptions, 10,272 yards, and a qb rating over somewhere around 100, so our offense is moving the ball down the field and we are scoring tds through the air, so obviously our passing game isn't the problem. Maybe it was the fact that we've had 15 total rushing touchdowns over the past two seasons, which is unbelievably inept, considering we do take the ball down the field plenty. Oh, that and our defense is one big pile of ###.

I didn't say that, but we have a big bag of nothing as far as the playoffs are concerned. I suppose it's great to throw the ball all over the place, and not be able to score in the red zone under the direction of Romo/Garrett. The Dallas D isn't as bad as you want to say it has been. In 2009 we had the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL. I do think our ranking in 2010 was horrible, but we improved to 16 in 2011, but even last year the Giants were ranked at #25 for Defense, that didn't stop them from winning the Super Bowl.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#13 kylews8973

kylews8973

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

I didn't say that, but we have a big bag of nothing as far as the playoffs are concerned. I suppose it's great to throw the ball all over the place, and not be able to score in the red zone under the direction of Romo/Garrett. The Dallas D isn't as bad as you want to say it has been. In 2009 we had the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL. I do think our ranking in 2010 was horrible, but we improved to 16 in 2011, but even last year the Giants were ranked at #25 for Defense, that didn't stop them from winning the Super Bowl.

We take the ball down the field, and when we get in the red zone we just have to be able to run the ball, plain and simple. In the red zone the field is shorter making it harder to throw the ball as it is...Doesn't it stand to reason that if we can't run the ball in the red zone, it makes it that much harder? Our defense was great in 09 because we had more than just ware rushing the qb. That was the one and only time spencer's presence on this team was relevant. Those two were lights out in the second half of the season and lo and behold, we won the division that year, and actually won a playoff game. (It should be noted we rushed for 14 touchdowns that year..just an example of how important it is to have a respectible run game in the red zone) Sadly we got smoked by the Vikings, Favre carved us up and our o-line was injured. Probably not fair to pin that one on Romo, as your qb is as good as your oline that protects him...couple that with our defense falling through, i'd say there were a lot of reasons we lost the game. My point is, Romo can't take this team on his back and make them super bowl contenders by himself. If that makes him not elite, that's fine. I'd probably say he isn't elite for that reason. But you don't have to be elite to win championship nor to be considered a great quarterback.

#14 Rhino2K

Rhino2K

Smoakhouse Bouncer

• Administrators
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Words of former Cowboy TO.

Key words.....

FORMER Cowboy

T.O. is a freakin' idiot!
Care to keep up with the Cowboys?? Check out www.smoaky.com/cowboys to see "Smoaky's Cowboy Blog" for training camp, news, and interviews by podcast within the next day---and pictures as well.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the monthly maintenance costs, or help with all of the recent smoaky.com upgrades can now do so! Please see the bottom of any of the Smoaky.com, smoaky.com HS Stats and Records and Smoakhouse Forums pages for contribution buttons! You may use PayPal or your own choice of credit card.

Contributions are not required but are greatly appreciated!

#15 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,046 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Key words.....

FORMER Cowboy

T.O. is a freakin' idiot!

LOL I agree +1

#16 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

But an idiot with HOF numbers. (and no I didn't say he would be in the hall of fame)
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#17 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

But an idiot with HOF numbers. (and no I didn't say he would be in the hall of fame)

He will be eventually. Love him or hate him TO was good.

#18 spacegolfer

spacegolfer

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

T. O. will be in the HOF without a doubt!

Mark 11:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."
David Brinkley

Perspective instantiates reality.....

#19 CoachTobinReid

CoachTobinReid

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

I have never liked Tony Romo.
Thank you,

Coach Tobin L. Reid