• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Straw

Straw

Rise and rise again!

• Administrators
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I thought they should have fired him when he admitted the cocaine abuse. 3 years later there hasnt been a reported relapse.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wash and he is doing a great job but I bet he will admit he can make better decisions. But to be a great head coach, its gonna take a world series. Sad or not, that's the way it is.

#42 cheaptrick77

cheaptrick77

Rock & Roll Snöb

• Administrators
  • 19,806 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Hockey, Obscure Rock & Roll, Obscure Movies, Proud to be the only East Texan who does not worship at the football alter...

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

But to be a great head coach, its gonna take a world series.

No head coach has ever led a team to the Fall Classic !! />

Sorry, old buddy - I had to!

#43 Straw

Straw

Rise and rise again!

• Administrators
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Touche Cheapy, touche! :rolleyes:

#44 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,329 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

By there thinking Immortal since Obama won the election he cant be criticized.

Hammer meet nail. Thank you!

#45 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,329 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Nope ... I would never use the term "hater" (Cheapy don't do hiphop) ... I was merely pointing out that you ONLY post over here when you have something NEGATIVE to say. I am always suspect of one-sided opinions ... 'does not mean you are not welcome over here ... 'does not mean I think you are an idiot ... 'does not mean I am making this "personal" ... 'DOES NOT MEAN RON WASHINGTON IS ABOVE CRITICIZING ...simply an observation form reading posts in this forum for over 10 (!) years.

If I am completely wrong about your Baseball Forum disposition - I publically apologize :)

Yes you are wrong. And no you didn't use the "term" hater(as I already explained), but essentially you said the same thing....your splitting hairs. I came over here to sunshine land because I simply had something to say about game 1 of the Yankee series. I thought we gave up...NOT the players but RW by leaving Dutch out there when he was getting blasted. Let's be real..the Yanks were teeing off on him. He clearly didn't have good stuff that night, and I'm sitting there in my living room thinking yank him Ron.....we can still win this game.

Now, as soon as I make this comment over here, you fire back all this "you just hate RW stuff". I'm sorry, but that's a very sophmoric and irrelevant response. I made a legit point as to why I felt we threw in the towel in that game, and your response was just making it personal/about me.

As to whether I like RW or not: no I don't. I detest drug use and I thought he should've been fired for it. Also, he clearly lied in his public response....didn't like that either. I'll make it real simple for you...I WANT TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES!! The pennant ain't enough with this team. This team has an epic lineup and great pitching also. This is a rare specimen that we are seeing right now, and the window will start to close sooner or later. Anything less than a World Series championship is a failure with the talent level the Rangers have. I realize ol Ron is a nice guy, but I could care less about all the @#$@% and giggles stuff. I want the best man for the job. As far as Scioscia goes, I have no opinion on him because I don't follow the Angels closely. I just don't feel RW is the best man for the job, and I don't care who that #### off on this board. Again, I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours.

#46 cheaptrick77

cheaptrick77

Rock & Roll Snöb

• Administrators
  • 19,806 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Hockey, Obscure Rock & Roll, Obscure Movies, Proud to be the only East Texan who does not worship at the football alter...

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

We have moved on:

http://www.smoaky.co...howtopic=127650

:)

#47 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,329 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

We have moved on:

http://www.smoaky.co...howtopic=127650

:)

yes, O ruler of the baseball forum

#48 Straw

Straw

Rise and rise again!

• Administrators
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

yes, O ruler of the baseball forum

Thats Mr. O Ruler to you! :lol:

#49 cheaptrick77

cheaptrick77

Rock & Roll Snöb

• Administrators
  • 19,806 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

...and Baseball is always capitalized - seeing how it is the superior sport ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users