336 replies to this topic

#241 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

You're right, but you have it in the wrong order.

1) 83 DField
2) 83 Gilmer
3) 23 Abilene
4) 23 Waco

I can't wait to find out who the mysterious number 5 slot will be. Oh I bet it will be a great team who held there opponents to 0 points and scored over 1000 points worth of touchdowns all year. A 6 man perhaps? Lord knows a 4A or 5A or even a modern day 3A school could never pull off something like that. SOS means nothing. Anyway, I have the # 5 slot picked out. How about the 92' Diana Eagles? They were pretty good. -_-

Hey Wolfie were do we put the Big Sandy team at? Lol.

#242 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,573 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

No team greater than Longview. There so good there is no need for a State championship cause we know who the champ is.

#243 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,573 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's a fact that it was 3a also. A team in 4-5a can never accomplish that WHY? Because the competition across the board is too tough compared to a 3a or lower.

Yes even Pine tree can beat Henderson,kilgore, Chapel hill, cause there 4A ready lol.

#244 Pops

Pops

SDC Awards Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

The most dominate team ever would mean all through out the history of Texas High School Football. In 1923 Waco Lions played the Abilene Eagles for the State Championship. This game was a rematch of the 1922 State Championship game won by Waco 13-10. These two teams were both undefeated with Waco having a 12-0 record with and offense that had scored 541 points and a defense that had allowed 0. Abilene was 11-0 with an offense that had scored 580 points and their defense had just allowed 7 points. Abilene won the game beating Waco 3-0 in a hard fought cold windy game. Abilene finished as State Champions with a record of 12-0 583 points scored only allowing 7 on defense. Waco finished 12-1 State Finalist with 541 points in offense and a defense that just allowed 3 points for the entire season.

You can go back and look at a lot of teams back in the 10's-20's even the 30's and you'll find loop-sided wins and gaudy records. There just weren't very many schools playing football and certainly not with the coaching and facilities they have with modern day football.

This is a good site to check out teams....to my point look at 1921 Waco.
http://lonestarfootb...GUID=2460763455

The Amarillo Sandies had a pretty good run from 1927 all the way thru 1940 winning state 4 times...........
http://lonestarfootb...GUID=2523394227
"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

Blessed is the man that hears voices calling him Daddy.

The Society Of Backwater Mafia Folks

#245 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,573 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

You can go back and look at a lot of teams back in the 10's-20's even the 30's and you'll find loop-sided wins and gaudy records. There just weren't very many schools playing football and certainly not with the coaching and facilities they have with modern day football.

I know what you mean Henderson worse ever loss was a 101-0 Loss to Gilmer in the 20s.

#246 Pops

Pops

SDC Awards Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm sure SLC's JV team could have beat DFIeld silly. Would we ever know? NO. Similar to calling the DField team the most dominate of all history in the whole wide world.

WOW just WOW.............why are you so fixated on what 5A team could beat a 3A team????

Nobody is arguing that the 83 DField team could beat every team in the country no matter what year or what size..............I'll type it real slow this time, because you obvioulsy can't read very fast..............Nobody is arguing that the 83 DField team could beat every team in the country no matter what year or what size!!!

Daingerfield in 1983 dominanted the teams they faced like no other team ever has in the modern era of football..............Could a 5A or 4A team do what they did..........sure they could, but it would take a special team just like the one that played in Daingerfield in 1983.

I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over to you and the wolfie...........you take it from here and the two of you continue with your mindless banter............you just don't get it and wolfie is clueless.
"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

#247 Eagleflight

Eagleflight

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

WOW just WOW.............why are you so fixated on what 5A team could beat a 3A team????

Nobody is arguing that the 83 DField team could beat every team in the country no matter what year or what size..............I'll type it real slow this time, because you obvioulsy can't read very fast..............Nobody is arguing that the 83 DField team could beat every team in the country no matter what year or what size!!!

Daingerfield in 1983 dominanted the teams they faced like no other team ever has in the modern era of football..............Could a 5A or 4A team do what they did..........sure they could, but it would take a special team just like the one that played in Daingerfield in 1983.

I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over to you and the wolfie...........you take it from here and the two of you continue with your mindless banter............you just don't get it and wolfie is clueless.

I know for a fact a few 2A and 1A schools in Texas that have produced more PRO athletes than 5A schools. Heck, some have more playing PRO right now than 5A have put up there. So yes 83 Daingerfield does kick modern teams butts

#248 VonG

VonG

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I know for a fact a few 2A and 1A schools in Texas that have produced more PRO athletes than 5A schools. Heck, some have more playing PRO right now than 5A have put up there. So yes 83 Daingerfield does kick modern teams butts

I'm curious. Name one or better yet name some.

#249 Eagleflight

Eagleflight

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

I know for a fact a few 2A and 1A schools in Texas that have produced more PRO athletes than 5A schools. Heck, some have more playing PRO right now than some 5A have put up there. So yes 83 Daingerfield does kick modern teams butts

#250 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts
  • Interests:Houston Texans season ticket holder
    Longview Lobos season ticket holder
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Controlling aircraft, via Houston Center

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yet you have nothing to debunk anything I've posted. Then you go all 3rd grade on me.....you're a joke.

Here wolfie I'll help you with a big school..........SLC's 79-1 run from 2002-2006 with 4 titles, their only loss to Katy by 1 point in the title game, would be a 5A team that dominated their classification......not like the 83 Tigers did theirs, but worthy of mention.

You throwing Lewisville into the mix is comical.................Clueless.

SLC? Pshh. They ain't gotta chance against '83 DField, or '83 Gilmer.

You're right. Lewisville sucked too. How is Paris looking this year?

WP4L

#251 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,573 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

SLC? Pshh. They ain't gotta chance against '83 DField, or '83 Gilmer.

You're right. Lewisville sucked too. How is Paris looking this year?

Great coach that knows how to win State titles and a program that in my lifetime has won it all. Of course you can't compared those 37 lobos.

#252 FONZ

FONZ

WP4L

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts
  • Interests:Houston Texans season ticket holder
    Longview Lobos season ticket holder
    UT Longhorns
    Bass & Crappie Fishing

Controlling aircraft, via Houston Center

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Whoops! Almost forgot about those guys.

1) '83 DField
2) '83 Gilmer
3) '23 Abilene
4) 23' Waco High
5) 75' Big Sandy

But none of these teams scored 100 PPG like those 6 man squads. Should I revise my list? How about 2007 Richland Springs? They put up 98 points in their state championship win against Rule. They also went 16-0 and had 72 PPG all season. No one has ever done that, not even 83' DField.

1) '07 Richland Springs
2) '83 DField
3) '83 Gilmer
4) '23 Abilene
5) '23 Waco High

Yup, looks good to me.

WP4L

#253 gtee2

gtee2

Longview Lobos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Great coach that knows how to win State titles and a program that in my lifetime has won it all. Of course you can't compared those 37 lobos.

Tryin extremely to hard Mr Agitator...
...GOOD AS THE BEST OF THEM...BAD AS THE WORST...

#254 Pops

Pops

SDC Awards Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

2007 Richland Springs
Bi-District
Richland Springs 54..........Lometa 6

Regional
Richland Springs 98..........May 43

Q-Finals
Richland Springs 76..........Calvert 26

Semi-Finals
Richland Springs 70..........Trindad 22

Finals
Richland Springs 98..........Rule 54

Once again you show your limited knowledge of the lesser levels of Texas high school football, the 2010 Richland Springs team was much tougher on it's playoff opponents........

But.........the '83 DField squad gave up ZERO points during the playoffs..........NEXT!!!
Barry Switzer

#255 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,573 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Tryin extremely to hard Mr Agitator...

Love messing with wolfie just saying....

#256 coachc45

coachc45

General Manager

• Coaches
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

daingerfield 82-85....produced 6 guys, I can think of, who spent some time on an NFL roster.....that's just 4 years worth of teams.

#257 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yes even Pine tree can beat Henderson,kilgore, Chapel hill, cause there 4A ready lol.

No comment. Next you'll being up Plano. I know your routine Lion.

#258 Paradox

Paradox

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

And way back in the old days wasn't there just one state champion for all schools?

#259 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

2007 Richland Springs
Bi-District
Richland Springs 54..........Lometa 6

Regional
Richland Springs 98..........May 43

Q-Finals
Richland Springs 76..........Calvert 26

Semi-Finals
Richland Springs 70..........Trindad 22

Finals
Richland Springs 98..........Rule 54

Once again you show your limited knowledge of the lesser levels of Texas high school football, the 2010 Richland Springs team was much tougher on it's playoff opponents........

But.........the '83 DField squad gave up ZERO points during the playoffs..........NEXT!!!

Do you seriously think any 5A team shouldn't be the "most dominate" simply because of points? Ok let's look at who SLC played this yr.

1. Plano East
2. Cedar Hill
3. Bowie
4. Arl. Martin
5. Skyline
6. Hightower

Here's LT's teams they played this yr in the playoffs.

1. Austin McCallum
2. Smithson Valley
3. Flower Buff
4. Cedar Hill
5. Dawson
6. Midway.

Do you really think DField 83' would keep any of these teams off the scoreboard? Half the teams DField played you can't even find on a map. If that's the case lets just nominate my CH team this yr also as the most dominate simply because they sent 10+ guys to play college ball.

@Wolfie-add my CH team to the top also. Don't put them infront of that 83' Gilmer team though. LOL!!!! Hallsville gave us all we wanted though so add the to the top 10 list also. Add Navasota, Alvarado, West Columbia also. Lol!!!!

#260 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

And way back in the old days wasn't there just one state champion for all schools?

It wouldn't matter since DField is the "most dominate" of all hs teams across all states. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users