• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Posted Image
In all seriousness, there were sips who said a few months ago that no D1 Texas team would play A&M because the Texas Big 12 teams would blackball anyone that did. They thought that even schools like Rice and SMU would bow down to them and agree not to play ags as long as they were "allowed" to keep playing texas once every five years.

Yeah, its a little over the top for Aggies to call this a victory, but don't deny that some overzealous sips honestly thought that non-Big 12 Texas teams teams would join the "boycott".

A&M now plays both Rice and SMU at Kyle in 2013. Is that really different than playing say Baylor and TT at home? I don't think so. Baylor has beaten us twice in my lifetime.. We've beaten TT's a** the last 3 times we played them. Why are Rice and SMU different? Former mediocre conferencemates are former mediocre conferencemates.

Rice to Play Aggies in Football in 2013 in College Station

Updated: Wednesday, 25 Apr 2012, 2:54 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 25 Apr 2012, 2:00 PM CDT

MARK BERMAN
Sports Director

HOUSTON - Rice will open its 2013 season in football against Texas A&M in College Station.

"We're going to play a football game with A&M," said Rick Greenspan, Rice's athletics director, in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "We're going to open the 2013 season up in College Station.

'It will be the first time Rice has played A&M in a number of years. Obviously, while we're both in different conferences, it is a bit of a renewal of a Southwest Conference rivalry. For us it makes a lot of since geographically. Our fans are able to travel to College Station. For Texas A&M fans who live in Houston to head up there. So we're enthusiastic about it. We're appreciative of having this opportunity."

Greenspan said the two schools will explore future games against each other.

"Right now it's just one game up there, but we'll certainly have discussions with them about future games," Greenspan said.

The last time the Owls played the Aggies was in 1995 when Texas A&M won 17-10 at Rice Stadium.

The year before the two schools played in College Station, with the Aggies winning 7-0.

Greenspan was not ready to disclose which game he is moving off of the 2013 schedule to make room for the Aggies.

Take notes with the last sentence Texas

#2 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,874 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Posted Image
[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]In all seriousness, there were sips who said a few months ago that no D1 Texas team would play A&M because the Texas Big 12 teams would blackball anyone that did. They thought that even schools like Rice and SMU would bow down to them and agree not to play ags as long as they were "allowed" to keep playing texas once every five years.

Really? Who said this?

In all seriousness, just go already. No one cares. I swear I have never seen such whiny butthurtedness from an entire fanbase. What a bunch of p2#%@s

#3 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yes, Rice and SMU are diff than Baylor and Tech. In case you forgot, SMU and Rice weren't in the Big 12. I never heard anything about all Texas schools boycotting A&M. Stop being an Aggy.

#4 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image
The last time the Owls played the Aggies was in 1995 when Texas A&M won 17-10 at Rice Stadium.

The year before the two schools played in College Station, with the Aggies winning 7-0.

Greenspan was not ready to disclose which game he is moving off of the 2013 schedule to make room for the Aggies.

Take notes with the last sentence Texas

Well heck, why wouldn't Rice wanna play A&M over Texas? I mean from the looks of things, it looks like they have a much better chance of winning when they play A&M, LOL!!!

Rice plays Texas, they usually lose by 40+ points. Even in '10 when Texas had their worst year in 13 years, they still won 34-17. Rice plays A&M on the other hand, and it's actually a 1 score game.

Kinda funny how you add this comment as if you think it makes a shot at Texas, but by the end of it, it's A&M who looks worse...HAHA!!!

#5 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Such an embarrassing post for Aggie Nation. First, you are just making shot up. Second, I can't believe you are bragging about playing Rice and SMU. Last, the only positive thing from this game will be seeing what the Mob will do to make fun of A&M at halftime.

Seriously dude, quit beating your chest over stuff like this.

Such an embarrassing post for Aggie Nation. First, you are just making ### up. Second, I can't believe you are bragging about playing Rice and SMU. Last, the only positive thing from this game will be seeing what the Mob will do to make fun of A&M at halftime.

#6 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Well heck, why wouldn't Rice wanna play A&M over Texas? I mean from the looks of things, it looks like they have a much better chance of winning when they play A&M, LOL!!!

Rice plays Texas, they usually lose by 40+ points. Even in '10 when Texas had their worst year in 13 years, they still won 34-17. Rice plays A&M on the other hand, and it's actually a 1 score game.

Kinda funny how you add this comment as if you think it makes a shot at Texas, but by the end of it, it's A&M who looks worse...HAHA!!!

This isn't 2005 anymore. Yes tamu hasn't been traditionally as good in big 12 play as Texas, but let's not act like Texas is still in VY national title form every season. They have not been any tougher opponent over the last two years than A&M. Right now, I would not say without a shadow of a doubt that Texas is too much better than tamu. Both have question marks on their qb play that make them impossible to project.
Hate to lose more than you love to win, and winning will be your only option!

#7 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Such an embarrassing post for Aggie Nation. First, you are just making shot up. Second, I can't believe you are bragging about playing Rice and SMU. Last, the only positive thing from this game will be seeing what the Mob will do to make fun of A&M at halftime.

Such an embarrassing post for Aggie Nation. First, you are just making ### up. Second, I can't believe you are bragging about playing Rice and SMU. Last, the only positive thing from this game will be seeing what the Mob will do to make fun of A&M at halftime.

I agree... Some Aggies bring it on us for no reason. It's the topics like this that make people so hesitant to take anything Aggies say seriously.

#8 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

This isn't 2005 anymore. Yes tamu hasn't been traditionally as good in big 12 play as Texas, but let's not act like Texas is still in VY national title form every season. They have not been any tougher opponent over the last two years than A&M. Right now, I would not say without a shadow of a doubt that Texas is too much better than tamu. Both have question marks on their qb play that make them impossible to project.

I'm not going to disagree with that, but my comment wasn't about Texas being great right now. While Texas may be average the last two seasons, they've still beaten Rice by a combined score of 68-26! That was my point. Two average seasons and Texas still wins that matchup by an average of 21 points per game. A&M's best years, they win that matchup by 7. Yet the thread was supposed to be a shot at Texas. Instead, he made himself look ridiculous.

#9 redbrickwall04

redbrickwall04

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Music.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Good thing rice and smu are on the schedule, you'll need cupcakes to even have a shot at a bowl game this season. Its funny to me some aggies think they will be good the FIRST YEAR in the sec west, WITH A NEW COACH, NEW QB, give me a break. Maybe once you have been in the sec awhile you'll make some headway, but predicting a 9-3, 8-4 season your first go around is so insane i cant even believe what im reading from some aggies.

#10 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Are you shocked that Lion70 would do this?

:lol:, No.

#11 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Good thing rice and smu are on the schedule, you'll need cupcakes to even have a shot at a bowl game this season. Its funny to me some aggies think they will be good the FIRST YEAR in the sec west, WITH A NEW COACH, NEW QB, give me a break. Maybe once you have been in the sec awhile you'll make some headway, but predicting a 9-3, 8-4 season your first go around is so insane i cant even believe what im reading from some aggies.

Yea, I've been saying that for a while. Yet every time I do, it's treated as if I'm saying they will Never be successful. And because of the reasons you listed, why would anyone think that opinion is anything but logical.

#12 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Are you shocked that Lion70 would do this?

dude when are you going to realize no one likes you. Just go away your like a roach can't get rid of you.

:lol:, No.

I got more respect on this board than our resident troll from tcu lol.

#13 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Yea, I've been saying that for a while. Yet every time I do, it's treated as if I'm saying they will Never be successful. And because of the reasons you listed, why would anyone think that opinion is anything but logical.

What are you guys reading. Me and htown have been saying 8 wins would be great. Both of us predicted 6-7 wins. That is not a stretch at all when 4 are cupcake non conference games and then we still have a bad ole miss and an average miss st on the schedule. That's 6 VERY winnable games right there. That's not even counting a possible upset of Arkansas or Florida or even auburn. Arkansas has a new HC, Florida is running a new offense and auburn doesn't have can. Even if the Aggies win just one of those it's a 7 win season if they don't drop a game they shouldn't to smu or la tech. It's not really that hard of a stretch. You guys just think every team in the sec is on the level of bama and lsu, but they aren't. Those two a re freaks. The other teams are very beatable any given day.

#14 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Really? Who said this?

In all seriousness, just go already. No one cares. I swear I have never seen such whiny butthurtedness from an entire fanbase. What a bunch of p2#%@s

Denial I love it

#15 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

who who is saying nine games yep maybe on playstation.

#16 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

I got more respect on this board than our resident troll from tcu lol.

That's debatable

#17 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

I agree... Some Aggies bring it on us for no reason. It's the topics like this that make people so hesitant to take anything Aggies say seriously.

I wouldn't talk do we need to post other threads where immoratal and lhorn fan eat your lunch.

#18 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm not going to disagree with that, but my comment wasn't about Texas being great right now. While Texas may be average the last two seasons, they've still beaten Rice by a combined score of 68-26! That was my point. Two average seasons and Texas still wins that matchup by an average of 21 points per game. A&M's best years, they win that matchup by 7. Yet the thread was supposed to be a shot at Texas. Instead, he made himself look ridiculous.

My point was, you think that Texas beat them by those points this last two seasons but tamu only win by one possession? You just said you wouldn't argue that Texas hasn't been much better of better at all over the last two years. So if they could beat rice like that why couldn't tamu if they were comparable over the last two years. Your logic just doesn't make sense with that is what I was getting at. Your acting like tamu can't beat their way out of wet paper bag yet admit that Texas hasn't been much better sense 2009. Which is it?

#19 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Just stated that the boycott is over when it never really started.

Yes, Rice and SMU are diff than Baylor and Tech. In case you forgot, SMU and Rice weren't in the Big 12. I never heard anything about all Texas schools boycotting A&M. Stop being an Aggy.

wow just wow

#20 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
    Highschool football

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

That's debatable

come on n0w you know me better than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users