12 replies to this topic

#1 eagles66

eagles66

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Former Texarkana L-E star LaMichael James was drafted in the second round of the NFL draft by the 49ers.

For the full story, please visit the link below:

http://www.sfgate.co.../SPK01OA9NV.DTL

#2 DLine06

DLine06

The 83rd Black Belt of Professor Klay Pittman

• Moderators
  • 6,226 posts
  • Interests:Born on 1/25/88.

Former Boxer and current martial artist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Former Texarkana L-E star LaMichael James was drafted in the second round of the NFL draft by the 49ers.

For the full story, please visit the link below:

http://www.sfgate.co.../SPK01OA9NV.DTL

If the 49'ers can repeat the success that they did on defense and get better on offense, they have a strong chance of getting that 6th title.I like thhe free agent picks and their draft moves have been sick.
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Personally, I don't understand this pick for the 49ers. This isn't college. How many RB's do they need? They already have one of the top backs in the league with Gore. Kendall Hunter is a passing threat out of the backfield. And they just signed Brandon Jacobs in free agency.

#4 KirtFalcon

KirtFalcon

Liberalism is a disease ... and I'm the cure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,091 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Special teams return man or change of pace back?

GARRISON BULLDOGS - 2003 Class AA Div II State Champs

"It still amazes me that letting hard working Americans keep more of their hard earned wages is considered government spending by liberals." - KF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-atf.gif

#5 DLine06

DLine06

• Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Special teams return man or change of pace back?

Exactly.

RB's for the 49'ers are: Brandon Jacobs, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and now James. All with unique skill sets.
"Be a good leader! If that's not your style, be a wise follower." (Klay Pittman).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Straw

Straw

Rise and rise again!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Exactly.

RB's for the 49'ers are: Brandon Jacobs, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and now James. All with unique skill sets.

Thats a lot of money for guys that will be sitting the bench most of the game.

#7 DLine06

DLine06

• Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thats a lot of money for guys that will be sitting the bench most of the game.

NYG won their 3rdSB (1st under Coughlin) with 3 backs. The 49'ers are wanting to have an arsenal in their offense and exploit teams. They can have it work I feel.

#8 unclejohn

unclejohn

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

NYG won their 3rdSB (1st under Coughlin) with 3 backs. The 49'ers are wanting to have an arsenal in their offense and exploit teams. They can have it work I feel.

Very true. I wish we still had Ward,Jacobs and Bradshaw as a trio.

#9 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

You must be a 49ers fan? Cause no disrespect to you, but no one else outside the 49er nation thinks this pick makes sense.

You say the Giants won the SB with 3 backs. Okay, we'll the 49ers already had 3 backs.

The only teams willing to spend this high of a draft pick on a player that will spend most of his time on the bench are usually the teams drafting high on a consistent basis...and rightfully so.

#10 DLine06

DLine06

• Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

You must be a 49ers fan? Cause no disrespect to you, but no one else outside the 49er nation thinks this pick makes sense.

You say the Giants won the SB with 3 backs. Okay, we'll the 49ers already had 3 backs.

The only teams willing to spend this high of a draft pick on a player that will spend most of his time on the bench are usually the teams drafting high on a consistent basis...and rightfully so.

LOL

I'm a Cowboys fan and have been since my late grandmother took me and bounced me on my knee while watching the good ol days of the Dallas Cowboys.

Jim Harbaugh is the coach of the 49'ers and turned Alex Smith from a zero to one of the most improved players in the league. He also has a knack for putting offenses together as well. Frank Gore is entering his 7th year and has had injuries off and on in his career despite being a very productive back. Kendall Hunter is entering his 2nd year and Brandon Jacobs is also in his 7th year as well (both Gore and Jacobs were drafted in the same year). James can be a homerun hitter in space in addition to Jacobs can pound it for yardage. Hunter has great speed and, Gore is proven.

#11 KirtFalcon

KirtFalcon

Liberalism is a disease ... and I'm the cure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,091 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

You can never have too many backs in the NFL. You never know when the injury bug is going to strike.

GARRISON BULLDOGS - 2003 Class AA Div II State Champs

"It still amazes me that letting hard working Americans keep more of their hard earned wages is considered government spending by liberals." - KF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-med-atf.gif

#12 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

LOL

I'm a Cowboys fan and have been since my late grandmother took me and bounced me on my knee while watching the good ol days of the Dallas Cowboys.

Jim Harbaugh is the coach of the 49'ers and turned Alex Smith from a zero to one of the most improved players in the league. He also has a knack for putting offenses together as well. Frank Gore is entering his 7th year and has had injuries off and on in his career despite being a very productive back. Kendall Hunter is entering his 2nd year and Brandon Jacobs is also in his 7th year as well (both Gore and Jacobs were drafted in the same year). James can be a homerun hitter in space in addition to Jacobs can pound it for yardage. Hunter has great speed and, Gore is proven.

I agree with every comment you made about each back on the roster. I also agree that James can be a home run hitter. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying picking up James was a bad move. I just think it was a wasted draft pick for the 49ers.

I would have much rather seen him gone to someone who could actually offer him more playing time.

#13 DLine06

DLine06

• Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I agree with every comment you made about each back on the roster. I also agree that James can be a home run hitter. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying picking up James was a bad move. I just think it was a wasted draft pick for the 49ers.

I would have much rather seen him gone to someone who could actually offer him more playing time.

Kirt hit the nail on the head. You can't have too many backs in a league where the shelf life for a back is short and get injured often. He's going to get some playing time and could very well compete with Hunter for reps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users