#1 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

The One Minute Apologist asks special guest Allan Di Donato the question "Do Parallel Beliefs Debunk Christianity?"

Recommended Book "The Gospel and the Greeks: Did the New Testament Borrow from Pagan Thought?" By Ronald H. Nash:

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#2 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,383 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Who are these "other sheep" that Christ spoke of in John 10:14-16 ? The Bible never fully explains that scripture. I know at two points in the history of the earth, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was known to all humanity, but only two points. I know that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve and Noah and his family.

Many of the descendants moved to various places throughout the world. How they kept the record of the teachings is a different matter. Perhaps it has been the rulers that have kept this understanding from being linked in the history of humanity for the sake of fortune and fame. If one reads the writings of Confucius they are very similar to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Confucius lived almost 600 years before Christ, but many reject him as a disciple of God, because he wasn't a "Christian".

To me they don't debunk Christianity, they simply debunk the thought that God only spoke to those in Israel, Rome, or Istanbul. Just with all things, when man enters into the picture, they use God's words or their interpretation of His words to their own devices.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#3 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Who are these "other sheep" that Christ spoke of in John 10:14-16 ?

Who was Jesus talking to?
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#4 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 30,141 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Who are these "other sheep" that Christ spoke of in John 10:14-16 ? The Bible never fully explains that scripture. I know at two points in the history of the earth, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was known to all humanity, but only two points. I know that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve and Noah and his family.

Many of the descendants moved to various places throughout the world. How they kept the record of the teachings is a different matter. Perhaps it has been the rulers that have kept this understanding from being linked in the history of humanity for the sake of fortune and fame. If one reads the writings of Confucius they are very similar to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Confucius lived almost 600 years before Christ, but many reject him as a disciple of God, because he wasn't a "Christian".

To me they don't debunk Christianity, they simply debunk the thought that God only spoke to those in Israel, Rome, or Istanbul. Just with all things, when man enters into the picture, they use God's words or their interpretation of His words to their own devices.

Those would be the GENTILES, who were going to be accepted into His Kingdom right along with the Jews who converted....A little reading and studying of the events which occured in Acts sheds light on this fact....

Similar does not mean the same as....The teachings of Confusius and others are similar because we are all created in the image of God and we all have the Word implanted in our very souls....j

James 1: 21
21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

The fact of the matter is that paralell beliefs actually help PROVE Christianity because they show that all humans who are created in the image of God have that Word implanted in their souls....this is why every human civillization has had a belief in the afterlife and in a Creator....it's a part of our very fabric....so the only thing that would actually "debunk" Christianity would be if all the civillizations had completely DIFFERENT beliefs....

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users