10 replies to this topic

#1 bossman1

bossman1

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

The Fan 105.3 is reporting that Junior Seau was found dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound.

#2 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 28,807 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-182120394.html

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

#3 bossman1

bossman1

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

http://miami.cbsloca...san-diego-home/

#4 topher805

topher805

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts
  • Twitter:@cboothe85

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Sad deal. One of my favorite all-time players...

#5 stoneykelly

stoneykelly

Backwoods Mafia

• Moderators
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

First ballot Hall of Famer. As many times as he came back to play it makes you wonder if he just couldnt handle not be a football player. Sad. R.I.P. Junior

#6 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

I hated hearing this, and I hope more details are to come. I know many pundits are blaming his style of play for his death, but I don't buy that completely. I think there's more to this story than what has been reported. It's a tragic story, especially at the age of 43.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#7 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

I hated hearing this, and I hope more details are to come. I know many pundits are blaming his style of play for his death, but I don't buy that completely. I think there's more to this story than what has been reported. It's a tragic story, especially at the age of 43.

I know you are not big on the style of play the last 20 years hurting players later in life but I really think it can have a very big impact . The bigger stronger faster player the last 20 years- I don't think we even know what impact of all the big hits we loved to watch. I am sure there is alot to it. I have done some study with the brain and we haven't even got close to what all happens with it.

Rest in peace great warrior!

#8 Colmesneilfan1

Colmesneilfan1

Smoakhouse Libertarian

• Administrators
  • 28,807 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

http://sports.yahoo....-teammates.html

Mark 16: 16..."16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 2: 38...."38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22: 16...."16And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

I Peter 3: 21...."21Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"

The above Scripture is from the English Standard Version

#9 rattler88

rattler88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Family says ok to study brain

http://espn.go.com/n...ion-study-brain

Maybe all those great hits you loved watching as a fan could have a BIG impact on the players later in life........ You don't want your NFL changed. Well I guess stories like this is just part of the game then.

I'm just saying we haven't seen the half of all the sadness that will come from all the head to head hits most have loved the last 20yrs

#10 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

What do you mean more to the story? A hard nose football player who suffered a great amounts of trauma to his head had something wrong with him mentally. There is a reason he shot himself in the chest.

#11 goldandwhite

goldandwhite

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Roger Staubach had multiple concussions while playing 10 seasons in the NFL, and has been the head of a successful real estate company for years. Here's his take on the NFL's quest to "make the games more safe:

http://profootballta...l-a-wussy-game/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users