50 replies to this topic

#41 BeatNavy

BeatNavy

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

He did not say Texas and OU...I believe he responded to a question that the media presented to him and he made the statement that if you looked at his record, you would know he's nobody's puppet. I'm sure the media dude was an Aggie or Cornhusker - but wait a minute, they are long gone.

He said in his presser this morning, he said expansion will be a point of conversation.

Also, that he would not be a puppet for Texas and Oklahoma.

#42 sawemoff

sawemoff

Switzer's Sidekick

• Moderators
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

He did not say Texas and OU...I believe he responded to a question that the media presented to him and he made the statement that if you looked at his record, you would know he's nobody's puppet. I'm sure the media dude was an Aggie or Cornhusker - but wait a minute, they are long gone.

Well who else would he be a puppet for? Iowa State?

#43 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

No, it's just known throughout the country that Dodds runs the big 12. Even the sec, PAC and big 10 fans know this.
Hate to lose more than you love to win, and winning will be your only option!

#44 BeatNavy

BeatNavy

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

well, once he figgers out who makes the $$$$$, he'll have "favorites" vice puppets!!

#45 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Im not missing your point, it's just not that big of deal IMO. Do you honestly believe a stud player from Texas will base his choice to go to Alabama off of one game he saw in CS? No. He will choose bama because they are bama. It's not like all of the sudden LSU or Bama or Florida or auburn or whoever will all of the sudden be able to cherry pick Texas recruiting. It's not like we are taking a Texas kid and introducing him to a school he has never heard of. Every high school kid in this state grew up watching sec football. They all notice the Espn/media love the SEC gets and they all know what the sec teams bring to the table. They aren't going to be drooling over them off of 1 game in Texas for each team every 2-4 years.

But that's irrelevant. the coaches really didn't have any say so in the matter. The decision was made by the school presidents. Those guys notice $$$ more than recruiting rankings. This move was probably 65% Texas tv market, 25% aggie sports, 10% gaining recruiting grounds.

And I wasn't aware about the article being inaccurate. Just saw it and thought it was interesting info. You can't trust anything that's Written these days...

You're stating the obvious. If a top ranked recruit wants to go to Alabama or Florida and is offered by Alabam or Florida, a visit to a game in CS will mean nothing. It's the top recruits that aren't sure. The ones that have multiple offers and have not made up their mind. A Saturday visit to CS from Nick Saban could end up being the difference maker when official visits start a few weeks later. Surely you understand what I'm talking about. Didn't A&M invite a lot of kids to their Friday Night Lights game and Spring game? Same thing... that could be the difference in committing and not committing. It's the same reason why Darrell Royal told Mack Brown to never play the Arkansas Razorbacks in Texas again.

#46 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,778 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

You're stating the obvious. If a top ranked recruit wants to go to Alabama or Florida and is offered by Alabam or Florida, a visit to a game in CS will mean nothing. It's the top recruits that aren't sure. The ones that have multiple offers and have not made up their mind. A Saturday visit to CS from Nick Saban could end up being the difference maker when official visits start a few weeks later. Surely you understand what I'm talking about. Didn't A&M invite a lot of kids to their Friday Night Lights game and Spring game? Same thing... that could be the difference in committing and not committing. It's the same reason why Darrell Royal told Mack Brown to never play the Arkansas Razorbacks in Texas again.

You're wasting your breath. WET can't accept the obvious and claims that the recruiting advantage it gives the SEC in this state as a "stupid" argument. Apparently WETTY knows more about college football than Darrell Royal. WET reads all the popular blogs don't you know. :unsure:

#47 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

I understand what your saying, but it's stretching it. For every one kid saban gets to meet once every two years in CS, Sumlin will host 25-50 more in that same game. You act as if one visit from nick saban or les miles, in another teams stadium/facilities mind you, will suddenly mean that the state will be overrun by an sec frenzy to play for saban. It's just not logical nor accurate.

Will saban get better recruiting from Texas? Maybe. But for every 1 kid saban or miles gets because they play in Texas, sumlin will keep 3 in state who would have typically left just for the chance to play in the sec. It's already happening.... The results are showing it on the recruiting trail.

#48 WETSU

WETSU

Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

You're wasting your breath. WET can't accept the obvious and claims that the recruiting advantage it gives the SEC in this state as a "stupid" argument. Apparently WETTY knows more about college football than Darrell Royal. WET reads all the popular blogs don't you know. :unsure:

And mortal still lives with mom.... Didn't you know? Never mind, I forgot he was a successful business man who knows everything about college athletics. Especially the Aggies. He is more of an aggie hater than a Texas fan. This much is blatantly obvious.

#49 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

It will be nice to get those recruiting advantages in Bama, Georgia, and Florida now. Saweeeeet.

#50 Immortal13

Immortal13

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,778 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

And mortal still lives with mom.... Didn't you know? Never mind, I forgot he was a successful business man who knows everything about college athletics. Especially the Aggies. He is more of an aggie hater than a Texas fan. This much is blatantly obvious.

Good response WETSUE

#51 Lhornfan

Lhornfan

Bevos Alter Ego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

It will be nice to get those recruiting advantages in Bama, Georgia, and Florida now. Saweeeeet.

If there are recruits from Bama, Georgia or Florida that is thinking about going to A&M, then yes, it will be nice for Sumlin to be able to invite them as a guest to a game they and their family can drive to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users