48 replies to this topic

#21 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

yeah, I agree on that luck thang.......L-K is lucky to be ranked #4 in state......they have been lucky 25-26 times this year and only unlucky 3.......their luck is probably running out

I wouldn't put much weight in Butch Hart's rankings. He had Lindale # 7 in 3a and Harmony
swept them in a double header last week. Sounds like your team has a good record.
Do ya'll just have 1 pitcher? If so it may be luck of the coin flip. Hopefully it will be a good
3 game series.

#22 cotton84

cotton84

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

I wouldn't put much weight in Butch Hart's rankings. He had Lindale # 7 in 3a and Harmony
swept them in a double header last week. Sounds like your team has a good record.
Do ya'll just have 1 pitcher? If so it may be luck of the coin flip. Hopefully it will be a good
3 game series.

2nd pitcher was the ace for Pleasant Grove last year.......but the #1 pitcher pitched 23 innings in 2 days this week-----probably would top out around 35 innings in 2 days.....she had good enough legs to hit it about 250 feet in the 7th of game 3

#23 Golfingnut

Golfingnut

Bears Number 1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
  • Twitter:BethMcKamy

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Is gladewater/lindale a series? If so is it 1-1 or 1-0?

My understanding is the Lady Bears beat Lindale today, which gives Gladewater the series 2-0.
"BACKWATER MAFIA" MEMBER AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

#24 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

2nd pitcher was the ace for Pleasant Grove last year.......but the #1 pitcher pitched 23 innings in 2 days this week-----probably would top out around 35 innings in 2 days.....she had good enough legs to hit it about 250 feet in the 7th of game 3

Can't wait. Sounds like 2 good pitching matchups!

#25 Homerun233

Homerun233

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

1336254695[/url]' post='1714384']
yeah, I agree on that luck thang.......L-K is lucky to be ranked #4 in state......they have been lucky 25-26 times this year and only unlucky 3.......their luck is probably running out

Haha I'm sure its the luck thing that's been getting them girls all those wins! :)

#26 middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

gotta be lucky and good to make a run, that's just a fact

#27 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Is the second pitcher hurt? If you have 2, why did'nt she pitch.

#28 HORNETDAD24

HORNETDAD24

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

If anyone saw Pleasant Grove last year then they wouold know that they didn't have what anyone would call an ace pitcher. What they had was fair to decent league pitcher. Wells is a very good pitcher and should pitch every inning she can for LK.

#29 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

If anyone saw Pleasant Grove last year then they wouold know that they didn't have what anyone would call an ace pitcher. What they had was fair to decent league pitcher. Wells is a very good pitcher and should pitch every inning she can for LK.

thanks for the update. I couldn't figure out why Cotton said they have 2 pitchers but
the ace pitched all 3 games. Sounds like LK only has 1 pitcher that the Coach trusts
in a playoff game. With the way LK struggled against WO it could be a tough one against
Harmony. It sure is a big advantage to have 2 pitchers. Looking forward to the series!

#30 ruffneckfan

ruffneckfan

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

LK is probably gonna need a little luck next round.
Go Harmony Eagles!

This could be another deep run for the Eagles. Congrats to new coach. Harmony hasn't

had a good playoff run since Coach Wilburn retired.

You should be careful, its overconfidence like this that has caused quite a few good teams to lose out and be done already.

#31 ruffneckfan

ruffneckfan

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

thanks for the update. I couldn't figure out why Cotton said they have 2 pitchers but
the ace pitched all 3 games. Sounds like LK only has 1 pitcher that the Coach trusts
in a playoff game. With the way LK struggled against WO it could be a tough one against
Harmony. It sure is a big advantage to have 2 pitchers. Looking forward to the series!

I wouldn't say L-K struggled against WO. I would say WO hit the ball extremely well. WO did outhit Harmony in both contest this year.

#32 middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

I wouldn't say Harmony struggled against WO. I would say WO hit the ball extremely well. WO did outhit Harmony in both contest this year.

fact is white oak was playing really good ball towards the end of district and obviously playing well come playoff time. they gave linden all they could handle, and played very well. series could have gone eithe way. they were a dangerous team to meet in the playoffs

#33 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

I wouldn't say L-K struggled against WO. I would say WO hit the ball extremely well. WO did outhit Harmony in both contest this year.

LK is the #4 ranked team in the state. WO is a 3rd place finisher in their District. Game 3 of the
series went 9 innings and the score was 12-11. So either LK struggled or they are not deserving
of the #4 ranking. I know they have only 1 pitcher which probably hurt them in Game 3.
I don't know anything about WO out hitting Harmony. What does that signify? I believe they played
3 times this year with Harmony winning all 3.
Obviously Harmony is the underdog against the #4 ranked team. I think in a 3 game series they have
a good chance to pull an upset! I could be wrong. Looking forward to this weekend's games.

#34 middleoftheroad

middleoftheroad

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

those same rankings also had l-k ranked #7 in 3A for two weeks. the rankings are less than satisfactory to go by.

not taking anything from l-k. they are talented and taylor is a great ball player along with the rest of the girls.

harmony is very good too. going to be a very entertaing round to watch

#35 cotton84

cotton84

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

LK is the #4 ranked team in the state. WO is a 3rd place finisher in their District. Game 3 of the
series went 9 innings and the score was 12-11. So either LK struggled or they are not deserving
of the #4 ranking. I know they have only 1 pitcher which probably hurt them in Game 3.
I don't know anything about WO out hitting Harmony. What does that signify? I believe they played
3 times this year with Harmony winning all 3.
Obviously Harmony is the underdog against the #4 ranked team. I think in a 3 game series they have
a good chance to pull an upset! I could be wrong. Looking forward to this weekend's games.

You said originally that L-K needs luck to win and now they are the favorites.....lol

#36 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

You said originally that L-K needs luck to win and now they are the favorites.....lol

You are correct, I was offering a little luck. That was before you enlightened me to
their #4 State Ranking and the mighty Linden girls impressive won-loss record.
Now I realize that Harmony is the underdog & will have to pull off a major upset to
beat the LK girls.

#37 eagle34

eagle34

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

cotton, Didn't make it to Marshall. Do you have any updates?

#38 Frozen1

Frozen1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

LK 11 Harmony 8

#39 cotton84

cotton84

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

cotton, Didn't make it to Marshall. Do you have any updates?

Cheap cell phone doesn't have internet, so I was out of luck giving updates.............Harmony swings the bat well tonight 1 thru 9.

Taylor Wells was given one opportunity to hit, and hit it about 240.......I think she had 4 walks
Shanice Love was given one opportunity to hit, and hit it about 260.......I think she had 4 walks

Both teams made some good plays, but both teams could have made a few that weren't made

If they get to play tomorrow(Saturday) the series isn't over by any means......overall, the teams are pretty equal

#40 Claudia88

Claudia88

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Celina - 12 Sanger - 6 in 8 innings
(Celina leads series 1-0)
Lovejoy - 1 Pilot Point - 4 (1 game series so Lovejoy is done)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users