63 replies to this topic

#1 FootballHead

FootballHead

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Friday Night @Forney What are your thoughts on this one?

#2 McLovin

McLovin

Henderson Lions

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Lovejoy

#3 Psycho70

Psycho70

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm not real sure why this game is being played in Forney! Van's new stadium could have been a better selection as far as half way for both teams! Advantage Lovejoy!

#4 HendersonLionfan2003

HendersonLionfan2003

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,953 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Looks like Lovejoy made the 4A move with ease. Kinda impressed and expect Lovejoy to win. Tough matchup for Hallsville. Hopefully the Bobcats can win this one.

#5 phorniephan

phorniephan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Van's stadium is very nice, but it has nothing on City Bank Stadium in Forney. We Jackrabbit fans will roll out the welcome mat for both teams. As for Lovejoy, Forney playeed the Leopards in Week 0 and lost big. This team is big, fast and has made the jump to 4A without blinking an eye. Hoping for a good game come Friday.

#6 1mangang

1mangang

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Lovejoy is undefeated ( 7-0 in district), but they can be scored on. I'm pullin for the upset. get em cats! The winner gets Lancaster/Jacksonville in round 2.

#7 sportsstud

sportsstud

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I don't think the venue dictates who wins, as I always thought the better team would prevail regardless.

#8 sscats2006

sscats2006

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Lovejoy

#9 Hookemhorns88

Hookemhorns88

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Interests:Anything Longhorns, College Sports or World War II

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

What does Lovejoy do on offense? Are they balanced with the run and the pass? Do they favor one over the other? Do they win with offense or does their defense keep them going?

#10 FootballHead

FootballHead

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hallsville by 7

#11 Leopard4Life

Leopard4Life

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

What does Lovejoy do on offense? Are they balanced with the run and the pass? Do they favor one over the other? Do they win with offense or does their defense keep them going?

Lovejoy mixes it up between run and pass and they are not predictable. They run a no huddle hurry up offense that makes it tough for the defense to substitute.

#12 Leopard4Life

Leopard4Life

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Van's stadium is very nice, but it has nothing on City Bank Stadium in Forney. We Jackrabbit fans will roll out the welcome mat for both teams. As for Lovejoy, Forney playeed the Leopards in Week 0 and lost big. This team is big, fast and has made the jump to 4A without blinking an eye. Hoping for a good game come Friday.

This is the first post on any forum where I've seen this years Lovejoy team described as big and/or fast. Those words come up in describing them, but it's normally lead by a "NOT". They are fairly well disciplined, execute well, play hard, more athletic than they look and will run through walls for their coach. Nobody takes a play off. East Texas is a hard match up for Lovejoy because East Texas teams are equally disciplined but more athletic. Lovejoy has to play mistake free football and make quick coaching adjustments (something the previous staff failed at, you can't attempt adjustments at halftime).

#13 Leopard4Life

Leopard4Life

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Lovejoy is undefeated ( 7-0 in district), but they can be scored on. I'm pullin for the upset. get em cats! The winner gets Lancaster/Jacksonville in round 2.

Lovejoy gave up 30 points or more only twice. One was with backups in after we were up 42-0. The second time was against an excellent Wylie East Offense with multiple D1 players. I don't think they are as easy to score on as you might think.

#14 LKfan83

LKfan83

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

GO GET'EM BOBCATS!

#15 budmanmpfan

budmanmpfan

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Gotta stick with the district rivals in this one. Go Bobcats.

#16 Leopard4Life

Leopard4Life

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Anyone know the Hallsville scouts? There were 4 of them at the Wylie East @ Lovejoy game. They stayed the whole game (ended after 11). I curious about what they thought about both teams. They weren't talkative after the game.

#17 Leopard4Life

Leopard4Life

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Sure is quiet in here...

#18 Aggie98

Aggie98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Sure is quiet in here...

Hallsville doesn't have many Smoaky posters.
"Success is going from one failure to another without losing your enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

#19 FootballHead

FootballHead

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Hallsville is a very talented team.. their only losses came to very good football teams.. they lost the opener to White House that game was 21-18 well in the 4th quarter before a blocked punt returned for a Td changed the whole momentum for WH. They lost by 7 to sulpher springs and loss by 6 on a game winning Td with less than 1 minute left to mount pleasant. So this is not a bad team at all it will closer then most think.. I'm hearing from sources that hallsville is very confident they will win this game.

#20 FootballHead

FootballHead

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

They also beat texas High nd Henderson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users