Longview has released their 2013 football schedule. They will play only 4 home games this year and will not have their first home game until week 4!
I've listed the schedule along with my predictions for each game below. What are your thoughts?
8/31: Coppell at Allen Stadium - L
- Coppell returns most of their O-Line, their top 3 RB's from last year, one of the best players in the country in DE Solomon Thomas. If their Junior QB plays at the level that last years QB does, not only does LV lose to Coppell, but so does everyone else on Coppells schedule.
9/6: @ Marshall - W
9/13: Olive Branch, MS at Independence Stadium - W
- Olive Branch won the Miss 6A Title last year going 11-2. However, the offense lost most everyone from last years team including their QB who accounted for 2800 yards and 30 TD's.
9/20: Lufkin - W
- Should be solid next season, but I think LV benefits from their first home game of the season, as well as getting Lufkin early who will be with a new QB, RB, and several O-Lineman.
9/27: Mesquite - W
- Mesquite is losing nearly everyone...QB, RB, top 4 WR's, most of the D-Line, as well as several other key defensive players.
10/11: @ Rockwall Heath - W
10/18: Mesquite Horn - W
- I'm giving the Lobos the edge here as they are at home, but this will be a very tough game. Horn returns their QB who will be one of the best offensive players in the district, along with their top two WR's. This game could very well decide the District Champion.
10/25: @ North Mesquite - W
11/1: Tyler Lee - W
11/8: @ Rockwall - W
*P.S. If someone has already posted this, my apologies. I didn't see anything so hopefully this isn't a double thread.