Mock Realignment projections 2014

cujoforlife

I love playing new teams and going to different stadiums. Just don't like cupcakes..and East Texas 4A (or new 5A) isn't exactly the strongest thing around at the moment.

And you already know how I feel about the x-files creatures that is bugs in East Texas.

When I was looking at the prediction of our district, all I could think of was..please don't make me go to Sulphur Springs again, without 2 cans of Off and some mosquito netting!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the UIL gonna stay in the same format, or are they for sure going to create a 6A Classification? Can someone please tell me something concrete and nothing based on hear-say?

The only thing that's happening the next go around is the creation of 6A but it isn't really creating anything. They're just renaming 5A to 6A and 4A to 5A etc etc etc etc.

When I was looking at the prediction of our district, all I could think of was..please don't make me go to Sulphur Springs again, without 2 cans of Off and some mosquito netting!!!

Thats just not right. But I have to do it every other year. Its never fun. Although I would love to come back to Loboland. Love the stadium there. And some pretty friendly folk as well. Just wish if we arent in the same district we would play yall out of district. It would help us be better by time district comes around.

Thats just not right. But I have to do it every other year. Its never fun. Although I would love to come back to Loboland. Love the stadium there. And some pretty friendly folk as well. Just wish if we arent in the same district we would play yall out of district. It would help us be better by time district comes around.

Longview would have to be pretty desperate to find a non-district game to schedule Mount Pleasant at the moment at least. Someone backing out at the last second or just can't find anyone at all willing to play us (ala 2008). Did enjoy Sam Parker though, despite the nasty weather that occured that day.

Longview would have to be pretty desperate to find a non-district game to schedule Mount Pleasant at the moment at least. Someone backing out at the last second or just can't find anyone at all willing to play us (ala 2008). Did enjoy Sam Parker though, despite the nasty weather that occured that day.

True that was a nasty day but it was fun even though mp got smacked around that day. MP is getting a lot better though. They got a good crop of kids coming up in the next couple of years. So if is getting bright in MP for football. Cant wait for this coming season. Its gonna b fun. Ik Longview wouldnt schedul MP right now but maybe in the future when MP is reeling off mutlple winning seasons and whatnot. Coppell coming to Longview this year?

Now u know dem big city boys dont wanna visit us country folk...we gotta go see dem @ the high school version of "Jerry World" Allen ,Tx

Thats true. They dont want none of the Lobo magic in Loboland. Im gonna have to come catch a game sometime this fall though.

I hope it doesn't happen....but I have a feeling that the creation of a 6A is just the first step in the UIL forming the Div I and Div II districts for each class.

It will create 12 state champions..... yeah. 12.

It will improve travel for the already spoiled metropolitain schools.....unless they are on the outskirts of a metro area, then they are about to get screwed.

Seems like.....if I recall correctly, UIL released a mock line-up in this manner in 2008 or so. The 4A Div I bracket (soon to be named 5A Div I bracket) looked something like this:

Nacogdoches

Marshall

Texas High

Longview

I think they had 2 Rowlett schools with us.

That's some ridiculous travel.....especially for Nac. But travel is rarely part of the criterion for UIL thought. Then you had a 5A Div II with Hallsville, PT, MP, WH, Jax and the rest of Etx.... a sweet travel plan.

I hope it doesn't happen.....but usually when UIL sends warning shots....believe them.

I hope it doesn't happen....but I have a feeling that the creation of a 6A is just the first step in the UIL forming the Div I and Div II districts for each class.

It will improve travel for the already spoiled metropolitain schools.....unless they are on the outskirts of a metro area, then they are about to get screwed.

Seems like.....if I recall correctly, UIL released a mock line-up in this manner in 2008 or so. The 4A Div I bracket (soon to be named 5A Div I bracket) looked something like this:

Nacogdoches

Marshall

Texas High

Longview

That's some ridiculous travel.....especially for Nac. But travel is rarely part of the criterion for UIL thought. Then you had a 5A Div II with Hallsville, PT, MP, WH, Jax and the rest of Etx.... a sweet travel plan.

I hope it doesn't happen.....but usually when UIL sends warning shots....believe them.

We already have 12 state champions because schools already get split into divisions for the playoffs. Y not go ahead and finish it and split em during the season as well. I agree on the traveling. But as long as the same restrictions wont apply to the bigger schools like they have for the smaller schools. Small schools arent supposed to play the bigger division but they can play a bigger class. That makes no sense. PP cant play Dfield but they can play LE.

We already have 12 state champions because schools already get split into divisions for the playoffs. Y not go ahead and finish it and split em during the season as well. I agree on the traveling. But as long as the same restrictions wont apply to the bigger schools like they have for the smaller schools. Small schools arent supposed to play the bigger division but they can play a bigger class. That makes no sense. PP cant play Dfield but they can play LE.

Opps.... thanks for the correction. I started down one path of thought and went back and deleted and went a different way. Should have proofread my post.

I agree with you...it's a weird, awkward, broken system.

Our district is a perfect example too.

SS is one of the smaller 4A schools in Texas. Texas High is one of the biggest. Yet it's ok for them to compete for a district title and a playoff spot against one another. But starting in the playoffs....we have to separate them because of competitive advantage. If you think the CA is so great that they be separated in November.... then it only makes sense they should in September.

I think we all know that for the most part that's bull. Smaller or not..... SS has done well in this district. Look at Kilgore when they were in 4A...and they were even smaller than SS.

The thing for me is..... can you imagine.... being a Nac fan having a DISTRICT game in Rowlett....or Rockwall...or somewhere near there???? That' s CRAZY travel for a district game. Then again..... Nac to Texarkana isn't exactly a quick joy ride either.... easlisy over 150 miles one way.

I guess if you want close travel games...you would hope to be aligned into the Div II bracket with the rest of East Texas

I have an extremely hard time believing they would inclue Nac in a district with any school from the Metroplex. If they were going to do that, then why not include Lufkin with Longview/Tyler schools plus the Mesquite schools? Rowlett is apart of the Garland ISD, they're not going to split up their schools as long as possible. South Garland and I want to say North Garland? Could be wrong, have been 4A numbers for an alignment or two now, yet they opt up to stay with the one huge 5A Garland ISD district.

Rockwall schools have already shown they're willing to fight being put in a district with ANY East Texas school (as they did in 2002 and won, and then did again in 2004...and again this past alignment I believe as well) let alone freaking Nacogdoches!

The full 12 different classes (until they add a 7A, which as I said already is going to happen eventually, which will bring us to 14) system is coming. What you're talking about is exactly what they have in 1A and 2A...and by all reports, they're adding it more to classes next alignment I believe? Just a matter of time.

It took a lot of digging but I found the alignment they proposed for East Texas 4A:

District 6 (4A DIV II)
Hallsville
Henderson
Jacksonville
Kilgore
Lindale
Longview Pine Tree
Mount Pleasant
Whitehouse

That's an awesome district as far as travel goes. Of course that is based on 2008 numbers. So you might drop Kilgore out of the mix. MP is the only one of that group that would have significant travel.

District 8 (4A DIV I)
Longview
Marshall
Nacogdoches
Rockwall
Rockwall-Heath
Texarkana Texas

This was a "study" done back in 2008. It was met on SDC (for just about all classes) with moans. I thought it was Rowlett schools, but it was Rockwall (which I beleive are firmly 5A now). Again...this was a 2008 study, so things have changed.

Here is the broken link for those that know how to make those work again....LOL:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/football/football_align_study.html

These are the numbers that the old coach page had posted on it:

SPLIT CONFERENCE FOOTBALL ALIGNMENT STUDY - DRAFT

This is a draft of a plan that could split football conferences into two
divisions. This is not a proposal by UIL staff, nor has it been
approved by the UIL Legislative Council.

The study of a split conference alignment plan for football is complete. This plan
divides each conference into two divisions in football. The largest half of each
conference is grouped into a division and the smaller half of the conference is divided into a separate division. The large school division has 16 districts and the smallest half of each conference has 16 districts. Approximately six to eight schools are placed into each district. The same number of schools from each district advance to the playoffs. Twelve champions would be crowned as is done currently.

Possible Advantages:
• Provides more clarity and less confusion regarding who is Division I and who is
Division II.
• Clearly defines divisions prior to the season rather than at the end of district play.
• Creates more equity in relation to the largest and smallest school within a
division.
• Eliminates two schools with the largest enrollments in the state advancing to the
playoffs in the smaller enrollment division.
• Eliminates the smallest schools in a conference grouped with the largest schools
in a conference.

Possible Disadvantges:
• Additional travel.
• Other team sport activities could want the same division alignment.
• Creates an additional group of schools that will be the smallest within a division.
• Creates administrative inconvenience.
• Scheduling issues could occur in multi-school districts that share stadiums.

The UIL staff presented the concept to the Legislative Council in June and October.
The Council authorized this study to provide information regarding the actual
placement of schools into districts. This draft is for study purposes only and
applies only to football.

Conference -Enrollment -Range -Number of schools
5A Division 1 -2565 and above -123
5A Division 2 -2085 - 2564 -123
4A Division 1 -1520 - 2084 -120
4A Division 2 -980 - 1519 -121
3A Division 1 -629 - 979 -89
3A Division 2 -430 - 628 -88
2A Division 1 -292 - 429 -103
2A Division 2 -200 - 291 -102
1A Division 1 -155 - 199 -82
1A Division 2 -100 - 154 -82

Not sure how that changes with 6A coming next year. Especially when the change is in name only.

How different would Longview's district look if they fell into a district 5A Div II??? Who in their district would bump up to a Div I district and who would be left???

Marshall would be on the bubble between 4A Div I and II. So they could fall in to a district with Texas High, JT and Nac.... but who else would there be??? No one else is even close to 1500 and up....maybe MP.

Then Halls, PT, WH, Jax, SS......

These numbers would have to change somewhat from 2008 to now.

Nacogdoches

Marshall

Texas High

Longview

Where is JT in all of this?

Where is JT in all of this?

They were still in 5A when the study was done. But my guess would be that they would have been in 5A Div II with whoever else had less than 2,500 in their district. Horn I assume? I don't recall the enrollments of that district. Seems like I recall North being in Div I.

Been too long ago.

But JT would (now) be in the 4A Div I bracket.....which if it existed now I'd guess would include: JT, Marshall, Texas High, Nacogdoches and probably Mesquite high and some of their neighbors.

If we could get 2 full blown districts in East Texas for each 4A Div I and 4A Div II without having to merge with the metroplex schools, I'd support that proposal.

But the idea that Nac, Texarkana, and Marshall could be going to the etroplex for district games seems a bit extreme. Not a bad drive for JT to the Dallas area. But Nac and Txk.....that's extreme. And I know Longview has been doing it for years....but tack on another 20 miles for Marshall to go to Mesquite. At least it's a stright shot on i-20. Nac though...ouch.

But JT would (now) be in the 4A Div I bracket.....which if it existed now I'd guess would include: JT, Marshall, Texas High, Nacogdoches and probably Mesquite high and some of their neighbors.

Have you seen Marshall's enrollment lately? Div 1 would be very doubtful..

All the Mesquite 5A schools would be in the 5A DII category for your prospal. As would the Rockwall schools, atm.

As for the travel....you get use to it. Don't think Marshall has much to worry about though anytime soon.

Have you seen Marshall's enrollment lately? Div 1 would be very doubtful..

You know Marshall wants to avoid being in a District with Longview...you are aware of the 20 year win streak Longview had against Marshall in the 70/80 era? Coach Cox NEVER lost to Marshall...remember?

You know Marshall wants to avoid being in a District with Longview...you are aware of the 20 year win streak Longview had against Marshall in the 70/80 era? Coach Cox NEVER lost to Marshall...remember?

Slightly before my time..so I can't "claim to remember it". But I'm aware of it.

Currently sitting at 12 straight..beating them by about 5 TD's on average since 2007.

Slightly before my time..so I can't "claim to remember it". But I'm aware of it.

Currently sitting at 12 straight..beating them by about 5 TD's on average since 2007.

Really? Where is '73 when I need some backup! Ya'll are going to HAVE to quit making shots at the "old" people!

Which has been more one sided...Lobos over Mavs or Lufkin over Nac ?

Nac has not beaten LP since 1992. Honestly with the lone exception of that year the game was cancelled due to Hurricane the only competive game was in 2005.

How many of these games had the Lobos or LP agreeing to run the clock to get the game over? I know last year they run the clock at Lobo Stadium.