47 replies to this topic

#1 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

On a scale of 1-10 how bad do you think America as a whole has become.

1 being no problems at all

5 being good and bad aspects are equal

10 being no hope for a solution to our problems

persona non grata

#2 DaveTV1

DaveTV1

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,740 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Sports, Music, Reading, anything that makes me better.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Right now, I'd say we're at a 6.5, but we're trying to get to the 10 slowly but surely.  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Thomas Paine

#3 JV_COACH

JV_COACH

Big Nasty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts
  • Interests:Faith is personal but it's never private. -Alistair Begg

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

10, we are fixing to implode.

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield unto them that put thier trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5
--
WHAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HAPPEN FOR THE BIBLE TO BE A MAN-MADE PRODUCT

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-...hp?videoid=2215
---
In memory of PFC Nils G. Thompson
http://www.studybiblesf
orsoldiers.com/Thompson.html

--
God has put enough into the world to make faith in Him a most reasonable thing. But He has left enough out to make it impossible to live by sheer reason or observation alone. Ravi Zachurias

#4 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

This is a question that should've never been asked. We're not getting any worse than before its just magnified by the 24 hr news cycle.
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. Franklin D. Roosevelt

#5 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

This is a question that should've never been asked. We're not getting any worse than before its just magnified by the 24 hr news cycle.

did i imply i thought it was bad or good ?  

dude you should go to bed.

persona non grata

#6 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

did i imply i thought it was bad or good ?  

dude you should go to bed.

You asked how bad do you think America has become. I am saying that its the same as it has always been.
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. Franklin D. Roosevelt

#7 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

persona non grata

#8 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

You asked how bad do you think America has become. I am saying that its the same as it has always been.

no.  not the same in my opinion.  I ve been alive for 36 years and I ve definitely noticed a difference.  Seems to me especially over the last few years their have been many changes.

Do you care to actually answer the question?

persona non grata

#9 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

no.  not the same in my opinion.  I ve been alive for 36 years and I ve definitely noticed a difference.  Seems to me especially over the last few years their have been many changes.

Do you care to actually answer the question?

Every decade has its same share of problems. None are worse than the other. You only know about more of them because of the constant need for a news story.
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#10 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Every decade has its same share of problems. None are worse than the other. You only know about more of them because of the constant need for a news story.

you re looking at the BIG things.  I'm looking the small things.  Take just about any Nicki Minaj's lyrics back 30 years in time and play it for someone.  They would be embarrassed.  

Care to answer the original question?  

persona non grata

#11 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

you re looking at the BIG things.  I'm looking the small things.  Take just about any Nicki Minaj's lyrics back 30 years in time and play it for someone.  They would be embarrassed.  

Care to answer the original question?  

The big things are all that matter. If you want a number I'd say a 5. Everything is equal.
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#12 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

The big things are all that matter. If you want a number I'd say a 5. Everything is equal.

^ lol no.  

papaw always said if you mind your pennies the dollars will take care of themselves.  the little things matter.  

and thanks for actually contributing.  5.  

persona non grata

#13 Five0pd310

Five0pd310

Smoakhouse Staff

• Administrators
  • 11,345 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'd give it a 7.  However, I think it's just a pendulum swing that is in continuous motion.  It will swing back the other way eventually.

Five0pd310@suddenlink.net

#14 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

^ lol no.  

papaw always said if you mind your pennies the dollars will take care of themselves.  the little things matter.  

and thanks for actually contributing.  5.  

If you want to look at the little things listen to Louie Louie and check out the old ratings for movies in the 70s and 80s.
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#15 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'd give it a 7.  However, I think it's just a pendulum swing that is in continuous motion.  It will swing back the other way eventually.

kinda like after the great depression.  you have the lawless roaring 20's, then the depersion, then the ship is righted and we defeated evil.

persona non grata

#16 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

If you want to look at the little things listen to Louie Louie and check out the old ratings for movies in the 70s and 80s.

ok, we can pop popcorn and you can come over and tell me about the good ole days when weed was grass.

persona non grata

#17 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

ok, we can pop popcorn and you can come over and tell me about the good ole days when weed was grass.

Your the one that brought up 30 yrs ago. Besides I don't partake of the Pineapple Express.
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#18 GreezyChef

GreezyChef

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Your the one that brought up 30 yrs ago. Besides I don't partake of the Pineapple Express.

always on the defensive?  poor fella.  

persona non grata

#19 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

always on the defensive?  poor fella.  

I'm not a poor fella. I'm not on the defensive about anything. I prefer offense
imagesCAYIZ30K.jpg

#20 CENTEXFAN

CENTEXFAN

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

I would say 8.  My personal opinion is we are about to go into a depression like the one our great grand-parents went through.  America is broke.  We print more money which will devalue the dollar, and cause inflation.  This has cause a money bubble ( a.k.a asset bubble )  This bubble will pop.  If you keep inflating the bubble by printing extra 85 billion dollars a month and throw it at the stock market.  Our govt has been and still does this.  A couple of weeks ago the Federal Reserve said we might start cutting this out gradually, and the market went down 700+ points in three days.  If we keep printing money, inflation will pop the Money bubble.  If we stop throwing money at the stock market, the bubble will pop.  We raise the intrest rates to stop inflation, this will also pop the bubble.

Look at how much greed is in our Capitilaism today.  The government is printing extra billions and billions of dollars a month, and still the middle classes income is still STAGNANT.  This alone will collapse the market.

Remember the 1920's in America are know in history as the ROARING 20's.  We know what happened in the 1930's.  Like I said the govt is throwing 85 billion into the stock market every month.  The market better go up .

The American people already are seeing inflation.  If you have been to the supermarket lately, to the gas pump, or simply opened up your utility bills.

As soon as somebody says. " SHOW ME THE MONEY"  the market collapses.  The government and the American people are broke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users