156 replies to this topic

#141 jethro

jethro

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Pewitt Waskom game will tell who is who.  Pewitt's been playing legit teams so far.  Hughes Springs can't help that their schedule is softer than what they wanted.  Waskom might be in for a rude awakening once they quit playing with the not even also rans.

I think it'll be a good game. Ground and pound type deal. Waskom doesn't play just absolute slouches in pre-district other than James Bowie (no offense to Bowie). QC is improved and I don't know much about Sabine. We shall see what happens. This year with 4 playoff spots is making for an interesting year.

#142 Tiger1995

Tiger1995

jjspeed8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,215 posts
  • Interests:my youngens

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

I thought y'all were better than LE??
Yet lost to a team LE beat 49-20
That makes sense
Congrats Pewitt on the win, classy group of folks down there in the Omaha/Naples area, always fun traveling there to play

yes I do
Go Arp Go,Go!!
jjspeed8..... the unbeatable homer.....
Posted Image

#143 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

L/E and Arp a lot closer than what people would think.  L/E's QB was a lot more polished than Arp's but Johnson was as much an athlete as Hall.  A better runner for sure.  Pewitt just didn't have as many mistakes this week and capitalized on Arp's.  

Watch out for that pass!!
Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

Pewitt's Offensive Highlights 2010

#144 LibertyEylau92

LibertyEylau92

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I just dont see it lol LE will be alot better than they showed against pp lol plus Hall doesnt really get going until around district but hey who knows,  but good win PP!

#145 Wild74

Wild74

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I think it'll be a good game. Ground and pound type deal. Waskom doesn't play just absolute slouches in pre-district other than James Bowie (no offense to Bowie). QC is improved and I don't know much about Sabine. We shall see what happens. This year with 4 playoff spots is making for an interesting year.

Waskom schedule probably was based on finding teams we could compete with while rebuilding a program that has been the pits for about 20 years. I think when next year comes Waskom pre district will be a lot tougher. Sabine got beat  last night by the way, while QC won. Both QC and Sabine or D1 2A by the way.

He once said wisely: "Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. Winston Churchill

#146 HS1988

HS1988

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Waskom schedule probably was based on finding teams we could compete with while rebuilding a program that has been the pits for about 20 years. I think when next year comes Waskom pre district will be a lot tougher. Sabine got beat  last night by the way, while QC won. Both QC and Sabine or D1 2A by the way.

Are you bragging about playing QC? Didn't they out score yall? I hope y'all can handle Sabine.

Lets Go MUSTANGS!! Maximum Horsepower!!

OFFICIAL MEMBER (hit man) OF BACKWATER MAFIA

KEEP IT ROLLIN BOYS!!!!!!![/color][/b]

MELOGO.jpg

#147 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

We scrimmaged QC. If Waskom is touting them as quality competition then y'all need to get out and watch some good football. Also where a team is size wise doesn't mean much if their winning records is hovering around the 10-20 percentile over the last decade.

Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

#148 Wild74

Wild74

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Are you bragging about playing QC? Didn't they out score yall? I hope y'all can handle Sabine.

I don't brag HS1988 that is not Christian, I won't say nothing bad about any team, fans now that is a different story....:)

He once said wisely: "Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. Winston Churchill

#149 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Ok felt bad because I guessed at the winning percentages. QC is at 22% and Sabine is 16% after checking.

Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

#150 Wild74

Wild74

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

We scrimmaged QC. If Waskom is touting them as quality competition then y'all need to get out and watch some good football. Also where a team is size wise doesn't mean much if their winning records is hovering around the 10-20 percentile over the last decade.

I'm don't remember but didn't we beat PP last year...Oh thats right we had that one illegal player that may have turned the tide, We did go 0-10 last year and nobody wanted to play us because they where afraid of being accused of playing a patsy team:) 

#151 Wild74

Wild74

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

Ok felt bad because I guessed at the winning percentages. QC is at 22% and Sabine is 16% after checking.

Did you check our winning percentage for the last 20 years...probably fall right into that category so we lined up teams equal to us but with a bigger school population.

#152 Tiger1995

Tiger1995

jjspeed8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,215 posts
  • Interests:my youngens

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

L/E and Arp a lot closer than what people would think.  L/E's QB was a lot more polished than Arp's but Johnson was as much an athlete as Hall.  A better runner for sure.  Pewitt just didn't have as many mistakes this week and capitalized on Arp's.

they just don't understand the young talent coming up. It may not happen next week or even the week after but sure enough once this group gets the offense rolling and a few more back this group has a grea chance to be one of the best in d2. As far as le goes I ain't stressing them. Maybe one day they will try and get us on the schedule and find out for themselves. On a good note I really thought the game was great last night. I'd rather see it like that at this point of the season than a blow out we get nothing out of.
Go Arp Go,Go!!
jjspeed8..... the unbeatable homer.....
Posted Image

#153 jethro

jethro

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I am thinking the same thing about the schedule. I think it'll be different next season so we shall see what's in store. Waskom as a program has come a long way in the past 3 years.

#154 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Waskom was at 29% for the last decade with one winning season.

Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

#155 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Pewitt is at 71.4%

Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

#156 GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

And that with scheduling teams like L/E, Arp, Jefferson, and Etc year end and year out.

Here come Da' Bulls!!

Drew's Jr. Year 2013

#157 Lombardi

Lombardi

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

And that with scheduling teams like L/E, Arp, Jefferson, and Etc year end and year out.

Don't forget Daingerfield too. If Pewitt got to play... ahem.... Other people's non-district that % would be even higher!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users