56 replies to this topic

#41 buckeyefandom

buckeyefandom

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Regardless of who wins District 16-3A, Gilmer will likely be the D2 representative.  And as the poster rightly points out, the question then becomes does Argyle go D1 or D2.  If they go D1 (which is kind of what I expect), then things stack up well for the Buckeyes to make a run.  Celina is a great and historic program... but if the Bobcats think the Buckeyes have "Speed" based upon previous encounters... I hate top be the bearer of bad news, but you ain't seen it like you will in November if you make it to that party. 

#42 bigorange

bigorange

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Regardless of who wins District 16-3A, Gilmer will likely be the D2 representative.  And as the poster rightly points out, the question then becomes does Argyle go D1 or D2.  If they go D1 (which is kind of what I expect), then things stack up well for the Buckeyes to make a run.  Celina is a great and historic program... but if the Bobcats think the Buckeyes have "Speed" based upon previous encounters... I hate top be the bearer of bad news, but you ain't seen it like you will in November if you make it to that party. 

That's why im asking to see how far we have to go before we run into Gilmer if Celina even makes it that far. There is no doubt in my mind that the Celina defense is gonna have one tough time trying to stop Gilmer. Celina's offense will be forced to keep up on the score board and then hope for some Gilmer turnovers. I don't want to sound like Celina cant beat Gilmer, but im  a realist and understand that Celina would have to have some major breaks to win the game. Next year maybe a completely different story Celina returns 10 on offense and 7 on defense so they should make a push next year!

CELINA BOBCATS RECORD 8 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

RECORD 4 STATE 7 ON 7 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

#43 goduke1

goduke1

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

i think its gonna be tough for any one to beat the Buxs this yr....SHIP or BUST

3rd member of the Backwater Mafia
est. 2012

#44 GTownballer

GTownballer

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

That's why im asking to see how far we have to go before we run into Gilmer if Celina even makes it that far. There is no doubt in my mind that the Celina defense is gonna have one tough time trying to stop Gilmer. Celina's offense will be forced to keep up on the score board and then hope for some Gilmer turnovers. I don't want to sound like Celina cant beat Gilmer, but im  a realist and understand that Celina would have to have some major breaks to win the game. Next year maybe a completely different story Celina returns 10 on offense and 7 on defense so they should make a push next year!

Gilmer will return, a ton also, the JV QB will probably step in, he is really good! Gilmer will be tough for several years, a lot of good classes coming thru, and they all cut their teeth on the system!

#45 cowboyandchrist

cowboyandchrist

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Keep this thought in the back of your mind for next year, Tatum has been waiting for this sophomore and junior class to play together since pee wee football. Next year Tatum will be 3A DII and they will be Juniors and seniors, I promise you everybody in the state will know who they are. They will remind you of the 2005 state champs. This group of kids beat Gilmer 45  to 6 when they were freshmen.

#46 Panther89

Panther89

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

@ thechapelhillian13: I'm not sensitive one bit, I just won't tolerate being disrespected with rude comments. This is a fun and enjoyable forum to voice our opinions and thoughts on various subjects, and everyone on here will have a difference of opinion. Let's just have fun on here, that's all!

#47 bigorange

bigorange

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

This year Celina has the youngest line I've seen.
Lt soph
Lg sr.
C fresh
Rg jr
Rt jr
CELINA BOBCATS RECORD 8 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

RECORD 4 STATE 7 ON 7 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

#48 Panther89

Panther89

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

@ bigorange: You were right about Gilmer not going DI, so I was wrong about that!

#49 BLACKHAWK

BLACKHAWK

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Chapel Hill High School football,

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

@ thechapelhillian13: I'm not sensitive one bit, I just won't tolerate being disrespected with rude comments. This is a fun and enjoyable forum to voice our opinions and thoughts on various subjects, and everyone on here will have a difference of opinion. Let's just have fun on here, that's all!

Done deal!!! Lets have fun!! Again sorry if I came across rude. But i have to ask do you really feel like it will be gilmer, Kilgore, glade water and Bullard out of the doom? And if so please tell us why you feel this way
Chapel Hill 2011 3a Division 1 State Champions
15-0 I Love It!!!! CH-20 Alvarado 19
2010 State finalist
1989 4a State Champions Ch-14 A&M Consalidated 0

#50 Stankylegg

Stankylegg

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Done deal!!! Lets have fun!! Again sorry if I came across rude. But i have to ask do you really feel like it will be gilmer, Kilgore, glade water and Bullard out of the doom? And if so please tell us why you feel this way

He's just being a homer and anti CH. Nobody can honestly feel that way after seein how each of the DOD teams have played against different levels of competition. Bullard barely beat 2A Quitman, lost to White Oak a solid 2A, and blew out a weak Diboll team and this week they are playing little Huntington a team that if they win just four games will set a record for the best season in school's history. Gladewater barely beat 2A dangierfield, and was blown out by both Pittsburg and Athens. All this is fine if your talking about making in a weak district, but this district has the potential to see at least one if not two state championships. There is a good chance neither of these teams will make it, much less both of them.

#51 buckeyebob

buckeyebob

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Keep this thought in the back of your mind for next year, Tatum has been waiting for this sophomore and junior class to play together since pee wee football. Next year Tatum will be 3A DII and they will be Juniors and seniors, I promise you everybody in the state will know who they are. They will remind you of the 2005 state champs. This group of kids beat Gilmer 45  to 6 when they were freshmen.

Next year, the Buckeyes will be 4-A (everything shifts...6 man becomes 1-A, 1-A becomes 2-A, etc).& I hope Div 2 but we will not know until Oct what the count is for everyone & then wait 'til Feb for UIL to announce the splits...that being said, who will we see? Tatum or Carthage...I miss both.

buckeyebob

Posted Image

15 Years without an athlete ineligible for grades

63 - 2 (Damn Carthage & Kilgore) in Dstrict Play Since 2001
101 Years of Buckeye Football

#52 Panther89

Panther89

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

@ TheStudd: I am not a homer, and I do like Chapel Hill,  so don't misunderstand where I'm going with my comments! I love my SH Panthers a lot, but if I need to call them out, I will do so. If you have read my other posts, you'd understand and realize that I'm not a homer.

@ the realchapelhillian: I agree that Henderson and Chapel Hill are very strong teams, and I know that they will have a good season. Gladewater had a hiccup against Athens and came out on the losing side in their game, but like last year, the Bears showed improvement as the season progressed, and I feel that they are due for a better year. They will find a way to make this district very competitive, and I strongly believe that Bullard is kind of in the same boat. Last year and the year before that, no one said that Bullard was going to compete in the DOD, and the Panthers proved them wrong both years. Did both teams win every game in district, no they didn't, but they did show improvement. We can all agree that the top two will be Gilmer and Kilgore, right, so let's see where things look at the midway point and go from there. If Chapel Hill and Henderson wind up being the 3rd and 4th place teams to make the playoffs, I will come on here and openly sing their praises and admit I was wrong. I like the Lions and Bulldogs very much, but something is telling me not to count out Gladewater and Bullard this year!

#53 Stankylegg

Stankylegg

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

The Bullard team last year was a legitimate threat, but they are very very very young this year and lacking the speed an size to compete with CH and Hebderson. CH had an awful year last year and still managed to beat GW, a team that has been on this supposed rebound year for a while now, but just can't seam to produce enough to matter.

Don't get me wrong Henderson may just be that bad this year and one of these teams will sneak in, but that is easier said than done, and I definitely don't see them both sneaking past both Henderson and CH.

Great news. We don't have to try to solve this on here because each of these teams will have a fair chance to make their own case in the next seven weeks.

#54 GTownballer

GTownballer

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Gilmer will be either 3A Div 1 or 4A Div 2, either way talk to Coach Evans, and make it happen, then we can drop Prestonwood, Evans backing out, on us at a critical time, is the reason we are playing Prestonwood instead of the Eagles, and if your referring to 2011  freshman game, Boyd & Tate were freshman but they were playing on the Varstiy team that year, and we know how the varsity game turned out!

#55 BLACKHAWK

BLACKHAWK

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Chapel Hill High School football,

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Wonder who will leave and enter the doom for next season?
Chapel Hill 2011 3a Division 1 State Champions
15-0 I Love It!!!! CH-20 Alvarado 19
2010 State finalist
1989 4a State Champions Ch-14 A&M Consalidated 0

#56 buckeyebob

buckeyebob

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Wonder who will leave and enter the doom for next season?

Kilgore, Henderson, & Chapel Hill will be 4A Div 1

Bullard, Gladewater, & Spring Hill will be 4A Div 2

Gilmer will be the smallest Div 1 or the largest Div 2...depends on the cut-off...we will know in Feb. 2014

buckeyebob

Posted Image

15 Years without an athlete ineligible for grades

63 - 2 (Damn Carthage & Kilgore) in Dstrict Play Since 2001
101 Years of Buckeye Football

#57 cotton84

cotton84

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Gilmer will be either 3A Div 1 or 4A Div 2, either way talk to Coach Evans, and make it happen, then we can drop Prestonwood, Evans backing out, on us at a critical time, is the reason we are playing Prestonwood instead of the Eagles, and if your referring to 2011  freshman game, Boyd & Tate were freshman but they were playing on the Varstiy team that year, and we know how the varsity game turned out!

99.99% of the sports world in Texas would be shocked if Gilmer is in 3A Div1 next year.......Gilmer will probably be close to the split between 4A Div1 or 4A Div2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users