Pine Tree ISD accepts resignation and settlement w/AD-Football Coach Derek Fitzhenry...

PineTreeParent

Mediocre pay, long hours, public scrutiny, family has to move a lot and everyone thinks their your boss, where do I sign up for this career? Thank God for "most" coaches!

106K to coach high school athletes is considered mediocre nowadays. Looks like I need to change professions. Immediately!!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to think the same thing and now I'm seeing a great track team go down in flames on the football field and the blame is put on the "lack of athletes" in the town... So with that being said, I'll revert back to my 28th post...

For 108k I will move back to Texas and fix your program. I just need 10 yrs paid up front with another 50k signing bonus.

Usually the ones that can't hack it in Texas move away

Personal attacks of members on this site is not allowed. Please get back on topic. Unless you have nothing to add, then you can go troll a thread that I am not reading :)

For 108k I will move back to Texas and fix your program. I just need 10 yrs paid up front with another 50k signing bonus.

I wasn't talking about PT... I've seen good coaches make mediocre schools respectable, but on the other side, I've seen coaches completely screw up a great thing.

Here's another "cliche" for Rubberhammer... PT needs to find the right "fit"...

Problem... From what I've read and heard, the right "fit" has to "fit" what the people in power want, not what PT needs(to win football games). I'm still convinced "they" are content with below mediocracy on the football field.

There is no doubt in my mind, that there is a coach out there that will take 80K and get his teeth kicked in every friday night and let himself be treated like a puppet. Heck for 80K, I may do it...

I wasn't talking about PT... I've seen good coaches make mediocre schools respectable, but on the other side, I've seen coaches completely screw up a great thing.

Problem... From what I've read and heard, the right "fit" has to "fit" what the people in power want, not what PT needs(to win football games). I'm still convinced "they" are content with below mediocracy on the football field.

There is no doubt in my mind, that there is a coach out there that will take 80K and get his teeth kicked in every friday night and let himself be treated like a puppet. Heck for 80K, I may do it...

The kids that I remember from Pine Tree that I went to college with bragged about winning their last district title in football. They were a part of the team and cherish that year. My friends are 2 girl soccer players, 2 football players, a basketball player, and 2 members of the band (all graduated in 2000-2001 from Pine Tree).

Winning leaves a lasting impression on the students... Hell, for the most part, football season is basically all I remember from all of my fall semesters from 1994-1999. Nothing else really happens in that semester. So if your football stinks, you just remember how you sat out in the cold weather and got your butt kicked all over the field for 10 weeks. I loved my 1996 season. We went 10-0, lost in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs to Lake Highlands. I can just remember how fun the season was, how great the playoffs were, then how crushing it was for us, the #2 team in the state, to go home early with a loss. 1998, we beat 3 #1 teams, and barely lost to Evangel, including Longview in a 3 OT thriller. Then we turn around and lose to Tyler Lee and Lufkin, keeping us out of the playoffs. still, that 7-3 year was great... I can't imagine what it is like to go 1-9 or 3-7 or whatever every year. Sounds like a depressing fall semester to me.

The more I read all of this the more I like this Fitzhenry guy.

You shoulda seen him coach before he got to PT.... Between the lines, he was a damn good ball coach, dudes knows his stuff. Also one best Olne coaches I've ever seen work.

Can someone please explain to me why in the world people are defending Derek Fitzhenry? Did he not have an altercation with a student? And did he not break the rules by rewriting the policy book in order to allow players facing felony charges to continue playing when they shouldn't have been? He might be a good coach as far as knowing the game, and a lot of kids might have liked him as an individual, but if I had a kid at PT, I wouldn't want him playing under this man!

Can someone please explain to me why in the world people are defending Derek Fitzhenry? Did he not have an altercation with a student? And did he not break the rules by rewriting the policy book in order to allow players facing felony charges to continue playing when they shouldn't have been? He might be a good coach as far as knowing the game, and a lot of kids might have liked him as an individual, but if I had a kid at PT, I wouldn't want him playing under this man!

Can anyone tell me why this thread still has a little steam ? It's over Fitzhenry is gone, move along nothing to see here.