Chill5000

Who wins  

58 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Chapel Hill in a close game
    • Chapel HIl in a blow out
    • Kilgore in a close game
    • Kilgore in a blow out

Kilgore does not fix it unless it is broken..good teams are those that are able to make an adjustment we needed and last night we didnt need to.....if you cant stop the run we are gonna keep doing it..so, how do we stop gilmer?Well,imo you dont...you just try and slow them down and limit their time on the field like we did tonight....but, yes we will need to do a better job at preventing big pass plays...Chapel Hill was a really good team and let us know where we are right now and what we need to work on to continue to get better....they are a very underated team and should do well in the playoffs.....

+1 I see chapel hill and Kilgore locking up again in the fourth round! That will be fun. Hopefully thy don't send us to Dallas to do it

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah where you at buckeyefandom time to get served up how ya want it!

I slept in ;-). Long drive home last night! But it was worth it!

I'll eat my crow. CH's offense did not really show up until the 4th qtr last night. But as several Kilgore fans said, it is hard to get in a rhythm offensively when your opponent holds the ball for 6+ minutes. Justice is as good a HS runner after contact as I have seen. Anyone Kilgore faces will have to swarm him to stop him.

Kilgore also played less "Sloppy" than last week, although they did have penalties. They did not turn the ball over and therefore they never allowed CH to be in the game. Once CH started throwing it, Kilgore's secondary got exposed. They will have to fix that.

Congrats to Kilgore. Very impressive. Can't wait to see you play "Keep Away" from the Buckeyes!

I'll eat my crow. CH's offense did not really show up until the 4th qtr last night. But as several Kilgore fans said, it is hard to get in a rhythm offensively when your opponent holds the ball for 6+ minutes. Justice is as good a HS runner after contact as I have seen. Anyone Kilgore faces will have to swarm him to stop him.

Kilgore also played less "Sloppy" than last week, although they did have penalties. They did not turn the ball over and therefore they never allowed CH to be in the game. Once CH started throwing it, Kilgore's secondary got exposed. They will have to fix that.

Congrats to Kilgore. Very impressive. Can't wait to see you play "Keep Away" from the Buckeyes!

AGREED!!!!KILGORE HAS THINGS THEY NEED TO WORK ON IN PASS COVERAGE....PLAYING A TEAM LIKE CHAPEL HILL ALLOWED US TO SEE THAT.... WE NOW KNOW SOME THINGS WE NEED TO WORK ON TO GET BETTER....GOT WORK TO DO BEFORE NOVEMBER 8TH...BUT, WE WILL BE READY AND UP FOR THE CHALLENGE....GONNA BE A GOOD ONE!!!!

Ha glad to see ya come back and eat! Naw all jokes aside it turned oyt to be a gm there for a min. I will say that ch team is real good and a little underrated in my opinion they will make some noise come playoff time.

ame lol

lol yep 4 passes and 2 of them for td's. Yep in bug trouble on passing game lol

lugnut, I see your point, but they only threw 8 against Gladewater and completed 2 of them. Actually they completed 3, but one was to the wrong team. 12 passes in two weeks tells me the Bulldogs don't rely on a passing game as much as they do controlling the ball and the line of scrimmage. And they really didn't do that very well against the Bears, but oh yeah, I forget, they weren't showing their whole playbook against Gladewater. Say what you want, but if the Buckeyes get ahead, and Kilgore has to play catch up or keep up, not sure the Bulldogs have the offense for that!

I was at the game last night and I don't have a dog in the fight for any team ( no pun intended) However I will start off by saying. Chapel Hills QB has got to be the best team in the district. He has a really good arm. Secondly, I do believe Kilgore will be in trouble against Gilmer. I think they are a good team. But the lack of passing and pass coverage will hurt them big time. I think if they get their act right against Henderson. The Gilmer Kilgore game will shape up to be one of the best games in East Texas in quite a while.

I was impressed with Kilgore last night, they only had a couple miscues, Chapel Hill did fumble (Black) on a crucial, drive of the game, that definitely, took away their momentum, early in the game, Kilgore's opening salvo, was a duck shoot, totally blown coverage, and my grandmother could of made that pitch and catch, taking nothing away the Kilgore QB, because it was a thing of beauty! Chapel Hill is living and dying by Black right now, he made some nice throws, but he made a lot of bad ones, and he had all day, just a lot of overshoots, it just appeared to me their wasn't much fire coming, out of Chapel Hill last night, Kilgore played their game, and they will be a tough out for anybody, just a lot of small speedy fast kids, that will hit ya! Chapel Hill is a mean looking football team, with great looking kids, but, again just not much fire, and a lot of sloppy football. Just my 2 cents!

lugnut, I see your point, but they only threw 8 against Gladewater and completed 2 of them. Actually they completed 3, but one was to the wrong team. 12 passes in two weeks tells me the Bulldogs don't rely on a passing game as much as they do controlling the ball and the line of scrimmage. And they really didn't do that very well against the Bears, but oh yeah, I forget, they weren't showing their whole playbook against Gladewater. Say what you want, but if the Buckeyes get ahead, and Kilgore has to play catch up or keep up, not sure the Bulldogs have the offense for that!

+100

Your are so right. I agree 100%. To have a legitimate chance to beat the Bux, Kilgore will have to keep the ball away from that so explosive offense and grind it out. You may not remember last years battle at Bux Palace, but it was not an offensive shoot out. More like a slug fest between 2 heavy weights. Kilgore fumbled the ball at the Bux 2 yard line, driving for the go ahead score, with about a minute on the game clock. I expect a similar type game. Aggie98 is correct that Kilgore will have to play a near perfect game to win this one. My point about the passing stats is only that our running game, sets it up perfectly to hit a deep ball or 2 during a game. We are certainly capable of doing that.

+1 I see chapel hill and Kilgore locking up again in the fourth round! That will be fun. Hopefully thy don't send us to Dallas to do it

That is a distinct possibility. I have Chapel Hill making it to the regional final in the top side of the DI bracket on the other 3A site, but I have our Argyle Eagles meeting up with Kilgore in Round 3 of the bottom side of that bracket to decide who will play CH for the Regional Title. The winner will then get the honor of playing Stephenville, most likely. And that winner will be going to Jerryworld to face either Navasota, Carthage, or another team. This is the way I see it unfolding.

Your are so right. I agree 100%. To have a legitimate chance to beat the Bux, Kilgore will have to keep the ball away from that so explosive offense and grind it out. You may not remember last years battle at Bux Palace, but it was not an offensive shoot out. More like a slug fest between 2 heavy weights. Kilgore fumbled the ball at the Bux 2 yard line, driving for the go ahead score, with about a minute on the game clock. I expect a similar type game. Aggie98 is correct that Kilgore will have to play a near perfect game to win this one. My point about the passing stats is only that our running game, sets it up perfectly to hit a deep ball or 2 during a game. We are certainly capable of doing that.

Maybe so, but they weren't in the game against Gladewater and the Bears aren't exactly the greatest in pass coverage.

Maybe so, but they weren't in the game against Gladewater and the Bears aren't exactly the greatest in pass coverage.

I agree they weren't in the Gladewater game. I think maybe they went to Gladewater thinking all they had to do was so show up and go home with a win. It happens. Mostly a mental lapse in my opinion.

I'm late but I'm here to say I was wrong. Really thought CH would win. Kilgore is for real. Defense is solid and the running game is strong. Nothing fancy, just solid. They will do well. I hope we meet again in the playoffs.