Photo

Chapel Hill VS Kilgore

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

Poll: Who wins (58 member(s) have cast votes)

who wins

1. Chapel Hill in a close game (25 votes [43.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.10%

2. Chapel HIl in a blow out (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Kilgore in a close game (24 votes [41.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

4. Kilgore in a blow out (9 votes [15.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Golfingnut

Golfingnut

Bears Number 1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Twitter:BethMcKamy

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

I really don't think the Bears saw the "real" Bulldogs last week, but then again who really knows. 10 of Kilgore's 17 1st half points against the Bears came after Gladewater turnovers in Bear territory. Both teams made their share of mistakes in the 1st half. In the 2nd half the Bear defense limited the Bulldogs to only 1 first down, and the only Kilgore score came from a Bear pitch the hit the Bulldog defender in stride at the Gladewater 25 yrd. line. Kilgore had the ball 5 times in the 2nd half and went 3 and out punting 3 times. On another possession they fumbled and the Bears returned it 64 yards to set up their lone TD. The other Kilgore possession ended the game. Kilgore had 40 total yards of offense in the 2nd half. And as buckeyefandom said, the Bears were running the ball down Kilgore's throat pretty successfully. 

"BACKWATER MAFIA" MEMBER AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

#62 Aggie98

Aggie98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Gladewater had 51 carries for 185 yds. That's not really anything to write home about. Kilgore had about 50 more yds of offense and ran 22 fewer plays than Gwater. We also had a 60 yd TD run called back, a 55 yd run called back, and a pick 6 called back. It was an ugly game, but it was never in doubt.
"Success is going from one failure to another without losing your enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

#63 buckeyefandom

buckeyefandom

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

[quote name="WhoamI97539"
Can you break it down for us on your predictions on how ch will score 45 pts? We all wanna hear this!! Since you know kilgore real well after 1 or 2 gms yoy5 said you have watched.[/quote]

Sure thing. It's called BALANCE. And that is not something Kilgore's defense has had to cope with all year. A one dimensional team like Gladewater lined up and ran over Kilgore. CH averages 44.5 points per game, and has scored 7 TDs in 5 of their 8 games. The three games they did NOT score 7 TDs? 5 TDs against Whitehouse...the #2 ranked team in Texas 4A, 4 TDs against Gilmer... The #1 ranked team in Texas 3A, and 3 TDs against Carthage...a Top 10 3A Team whose only loss is to Whitehouse. Stiff enough competition for ya? I would argue THAT may be the toughest 3A schedule in the state this season. And CH is the better for having run that gauntlet.

Is Kilgore's defense the best CH has seen this year? That's debatable. Will Kilgore be the beat team CH has seen this year? That's debatable. And has CH STILL managed to score points against EVERYBODY they have faced? Yep.

Now. Let's see what Kilgore has done against "Like Opponents" CH has faced as well.

Kilgore scored 41 against SH.
CH scored 49 against SH
Kilgore scored 49 against Bullard
CH scored 56 against Bullard

Now compare the statistics of RUN vs PASS. Given the understanding that both teams have been on the winning end of some Lopsided victories, therefore running the ball more in the second half... I have taken ONLY first half stats from the big wins from both teams. What I found? CH is a 60-40 run pass / team. Kilgore is a 70-30 run pass team. CH is more balanced, and has the better QB.

Now, throw in the rushing yards and first down stats from last week's Gladewater game, and the conclusion is that Kilgore did NOT stop a team that is 72-25 run / pass. And if you know a team is one dimensional and you still don't stop them, THEN what?

I'm not belittling your beloved Bulldogs. But you need to recognize that the team coming to Kilgore
Has been tested by fire and has already seen the best ET has to offer... And they know one thing for sure. They can SCORE on ANYBODY! I will be shocked if CH is not still playing in Rd 3 or even deeper in the playoffs. They are a REALLY good football team, and are BY FAR the best team Kilgore has seen all year.

CH hung 5 TDs on the #2 Team in 4A
CH hung 4 TDs on the #1 Team in 3A

So you must be saying that Kilgore's defense (the one who 5 nights ago gave up 300+ yards to a one dimensional 3-5 team that gave the ball to you 6 TIMES and you STILL only beat by 18 points) is going to stop CH?

You don't think CH can score their season average on THAT defense? Then your assumption CAN ONLY be that Kilgore is on par or better than Whitehouse or Gilmer. If they are, then Halloween must come on October 18th in Kilgore, because whoever that was masquerading as the "Ragin Red" at Jack Murphy Stadium last week sure had some authentic looking costumes. But as soon as the game started, it was easy to
see that was NOT a "Top 5"team. We're about to find out if that was an aberration.

#64 Golfingnut

Golfingnut

Bears Number 1 fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • Twitter:BethMcKamy

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Gladewater had 51 carries for 185 yds. That's not really anything to write home about. Kilgore had about 50 more yds of offense and ran 22 fewer plays than Gwater. We also had a 60 yd TD run called back, a 55 yd run called back, and a pick 6 called back. It was an ugly game, but it was never in doubt.

On the pick 6, penalty happened after the interception so you still kept the ball only to throw an interception of your own into the endzone where a Bear made a mistake of trying to return it and ended up fumbling giving y'all the ball on the Bear 26. You gained 4 yards in 3 plays and kicked a 39 yrd FG. 

You forgot the 6 completions we had compared to 2 for Kilgore. OK, so the Bears controlled the ball better than the Bulldogs. And that's even with the 5 fumbles and 1 interception. I know the Bulldogs had 3 fumbles and an interception of their own. 

Look, this thread isn't about the Bears. It's about Kilgore and Chapel Hill. The point of my post was that the Bears did shut down the Kilgore offense in the 2nd half. And that was an offense that still had their starters in the game. And your defense didn't really stop the Bears. The Bears stopped themselves. Gladewater only had 3 series that went 3 plays. One was a 3 & out. On another drive they fumbled on the 3rd play(which was the pitch out that Kilgore's defense caught in mid air and scored), and the other 3 play drive was the Gladewater score after a 64 yrd return of a Bulldog fumble. All their other series were longer. Kilgore's 1st 3 possessions of the 2nd half were all 3 & outs. The 4th one they fumbled on the 3rd play and the 5th possession was one of their longest and that was to run out the clock at the end of the game.

I'm sure none of the Kilgore fans in attendance ever thought the game was in doubt, but it sure gave the CH & Gilmer scouts something to look at.

"BACKWATER MAFIA" MEMBER AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!

#65 BLACKHAWK

BLACKHAWK

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Chapel Hill High School football,

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

On the pick 6, penalty happened after the interception so you still kept the ball only to throw an interception of your own into the endzone where a Bear made a mistake of trying to return it and ended up fumbling giving y'all the ball on the Bear 26. You gained 4 yards in 3 plays and kicked a 39 yrd FG. 

You forgot the 6 completions we had compared to 2 for Kilgore. OK, so the Bears controlled the ball better than the Bulldogs. And that's even with the 5 fumbles and 1 interception. I know the Bulldogs had 3 fumbles and an interception of their own. 

Look, this thread isn't about the Bears. It's about Kilgore and Chapel Hill. The point of my post was that the Bears did shut down the Kilgore offense in the 2nd half. And that was an offense that still had their starters in the game. And your defense didn't really stop the Bears. The Bears stopped themselves. Gladewater only had 3 series that went 3 plays. One was a 3 & out. On another drive they fumbled on the 3rd play(which was the pitch out that Kilgore's defense caught in mid air and scored), and the other 3 play drive was the Gladewater score after a 64 yrd return of a Bulldog fumble. All their other series were longer. Kilgore's 1st 3 possessions of the 2nd half were all 3 & outs. The 4th one they fumbled on the 3rd play and the 5th possession was one of their longest and that was to run out the clock at the end of the game.

I'm sure none of the Kilgore fans in attendance ever thought the game was in doubt, but it sure gave the CH & Gilmer scouts something to look at.

+1.

Chapel Hill 2011 3a Division 1 State Champions
15-0 I Love It!!!! CH-20 Alvarado 19
2010 State finalist
1989 4a State Champions Ch-14 A&M Consalidated 0

#66 BLACKHAWK

BLACKHAWK

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Chapel Hill High School football,

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Sure thing. It's called BALANCE. And that is not something Kilgore's defense has had to cope with all year. A one dimensional team like Gladewater lined up and ran over Kilgore. CH averages 44.5 points per game, and has scored 7 TDs in 5 of their 8 games. The three games they did NOT score 7 TDs? 5 TDs against Whitehouse...the #2 ranked team in Texas 4A, 4 TDs against Gilmer... The #1 ranked team in Texas 3A, and 3 TDs against Carthage...a Top 10 3A Team whose only loss is to Whitehouse. Stiff enough competition for ya? I would argue THAT may be the toughest 3A schedule in the state this season. And CH is the better for having run that gauntlet.

Is Kilgore's defense the best CH has seen this year? That's debatable. Will Kilgore be the beat team CH has seen this year? That's debatable. And has CH STILL managed to score points against EVERYBODY they have faced? Yep.

Now. Let's see what Kilgore has done against "Like Opponents" CH has faced as well.

CH scored 49 against SH

Now compare the statistics of RUN vs PASS. Given the understanding that both teams have been on the winning end of some Lopsided victories, therefore running the ball more in the second half... I have taken ONLY first half stats from the big wins from both teams. What I found? CH is a 60-40 run pass / team. Kilgore is a 70-30 run pass team. CH is more balanced, and has the better QB.

Now, throw in the rushing yards and first down stats from last week's Gladewater game, and the conclusion is that Kilgore did NOT stop a team that is 72-25 run / pass. And if you know a team is one dimensional and you still don't stop them, THEN what?

I'm not belittling your beloved Bulldogs. But you need to recognize that the team coming to Kilgore
Has been tested by fire and has already seen the best ET has to offer... And they know one thing for sure. They can SCORE on ANYBODY! I will be shocked if CH is not still playing in Rd 3 or even deeper in the playoffs. They are a REALLY good football team, and are BY FAR the best team Kilgore has seen all year.

So you must be saying that Kilgore's defense (the one who 5 nights ago gave up 300+ yards to a one dimensional 3-5 team that gave the ball to you 6 TIMES and you STILL only beat by 18 points) is going to stop CH?

You don't think CH can score their season average on THAT defense? Then your assumption CAN ONLY be that Kilgore is on par or better than Whitehouse or Gilmer. If they are, then Halloween must come on October 18th in Kilgore, because whoever that was masquerading as the "Ragin Red" at Jack Murphy Stadium last week sure had some authentic looking costumes. But as soon as the game started, it was easy to
see that was NOT a "Top 5"team. We're about to find out if that was an aberration.

Good post.

Chapel Hill 2011 3a Division 1 State Champions
15-0 I Love It!!!! CH-20 Alvarado 19
2010 State finalist
1989 4a State Champions Ch-14 A&M Consalidated 0

#67 AnOldBuckeye

AnOldBuckeye

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Interests:Church activities, Golf, Hunting, fishing, reading, Smoaky, and last but certainly not least. Watching Buckeye Football, the Atlanta Braves, and Dallas Cowboys.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Man,,,, I would sure love to see this game.  One thing people need to understand.  If you have not seen Chapel Hill,,, you might be under estimating them.  These are some seriously big, strong athletic kids.  And they play hard, and tough.  If they have a really good game,,, this one could definitely shake up the district.  I watched the first half of the Gladewater game against Kilgore.  I mean no disrespect to Kilgore, because they have three of the best running backs in 16-3A.  But Gladewater had 5 turnovers in the first half of that game.  Had they not had the turnovers,, who knows what that score could have turned out to be.  Now I know Kilgore had 3 turnovers at least of their own,, but Gladewater had a receiver who was "WIDE OPEN" at Kilgores five yard line that would have been an easy touchdown,, but he dropped it,, and it was right in his hands.  I'm just saying,, the final score of that game, "COULD HAVE" been much closer,, or even a loss for Kilgore, with out GW's mistakes.  I don't know if they turned the ball over in the 2nd half or not,, but I'll just say Kilgore had better not be sloppy against CH,, cause "they" will "NOT", be as easy to beat as Gladewater. 

Proud Gilmer Buckeye Supporter and have been since 1959. President of the SDC Buckeye Nation & East Texas Backwater Mafia Member. "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Theodore Roosevelt, American adventurer and 26th president (1858-1919) "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, philosopher and poet (1803-1882) "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." --- G. Gordon Liddy Mark Twain - "A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man. A debt which he proposes to pay off with your money."

#68 BadWolf

BadWolf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Highschool Football

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

CH scored 49 against SH

all ah dem ar good points, even wit dat, I think kilgo, got a wak up call, but da are playn a much betta team in da Hill. Da hill gon step it up and take kilgo to da wood shed!

#69 BadWolf

BadWolf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

face it ya'l aint as good as u think u is period.

#70 Aggie98

Aggie98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

face it ya'l aint as good as u think u is period.

Otay.
"Success is going from one failure to another without losing your enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

#71 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

Ghost of Stat Guru's Past

• Administrators
  • 17,423 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

What the hell.  Who has kilgore played? Lol prestonwood? no. Daingerfield? no. list goes on.  tougher schedule goes to gilmer

True.

IMO, Kilgore has played the 'weaker' schedule out of all the teams in district.

Doesn't mean they can't beat really good teams. They just haven't had to, yet.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#72 buckeyefandom

buckeyefandom

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Otay.

To quote my favorite comedian, "I don't care who you are... That's funny right there!"

#73 BadWolf

BadWolf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Otay.

sorry I still spel #### how it souns lol..pluss I had 3 concussions in hs. so aint very good talkr. an dang sho didn do no good in English haha.

#74 buckeyefandom

buckeyefandom

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

sorry I still spel #### how it souns lol..pluss I had 3 concussions in hs. so aint very good talkr. an dang sho didn do no good in English haha.

Not making fun at all Bad Wolf. We all have our TYPO moments... But if we can't figure out ways to laugh at ourselves in this short life, we are taking ourselves far too seriously. You should have seen the uproar I created a few years ago on another Statewide Board when I left the "L" out of "Flag" in referring to the nickname for Gilmer's Defense (Black Flag). The irony was, most of the readers were not familiar with Gilmer, nor the nickname! So I had some "Splainin" to do, and in fact was banned temporarily from the site because of it. Hopefully your Concussions do not have an adverse effct later on. I had the same issue. I like to say that anyone who played in that era who did NOT have weekly concussions was probably NOT very good! My ex-wife always said
that was just proof of the "Stupid"... She was probably right. But hey... I bet when you were on the field, SOMEBODY was gonna get hit! Anyway.. Lol... No worries. This ain't English class and nobody is grading these posts. So speak ur mind however you want bro. That's why Smoaky created this... His bless that man. I hope he's driving a new truck as hard as them boys at the dealership are working him ;-)

#75 buckeyebob

buckeyebob

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

And a large number of Gimer Scouts...took up practically a whole section...I wore Orange & Black with the "G"...the Bears & the Bux go too far back...yell for the Bears when we visit 'em in off week. Did a good job guys...now we got Walker & Mack @  A&M together

buckeyebob

gilmerresizedang-1-1.jpg

15 Years without an athlete ineligible for grades

67 - 2 (Damn Carthage & Kilgore) in Dstrict Play Since 2001
101 Years of Buckeye Football

#76 buckeyebob

buckeyebob

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

BlackFlag_zps60bd4d12.jpg

buckeyebob

gilmerresizedang-1-1.jpg

15 Years without an athlete ineligible for grades

67 - 2 (Damn Carthage & Kilgore) in Dstrict Play Since 2001
101 Years of Buckeye Football

#77 lugnut

lugnut

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Ok I get it.

1. Kilgore was sky high for the bears.

2.They showed every look they have to the Bux scout team.

3. They showed Gilmer and CH they are not as good as advertised. And they should have an easy win against Kilgore.

4. Hmmmm.........Kilgore showed the Bux and the CH Bulldogs exactly what they wanted to show them. lol

u people just think u know. We shall see.

#78 buckeyefandom

buckeyefandom

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ok I get it.
1. Kilgore was sky high for the bears.
2.They showed every look they have to the Bux scout team.
3. They showed Gilmer and CH they are not as good as advertised. And they should have an easy win against Kilgore.
4. Hmmmm.........Kilgore showed the Bux and the CH Bulldogs exactly what they wanted to show them. lol

u people just think u know. We shall see.

So Kilgore played poorly ON PURPOSE just to give CH and Gilmer a sense of false confidence?

RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT...

The next 3 weeks, we shall ALL see if the 2013 Kilgore Bulldogs are "Contenders" of "Pretenders".

#79 Lion70

Lion70

Gig em Aggies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,082 posts
  • Interests:My beautiful daughter Jayda Lynn and my lovely wife Meghan
    Highschool football
    Henderson Lions 3A Division1 State Champions 2010
    Texas Aggies, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers,Dallas Mavs

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Good Grief  I never ever thought that I would be this big of a Chapel Hill fan this week. I surely hope the Yellow dogs beat up on the Red pups.

#80 lugnut

lugnut

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Good Grief  I never ever thought that I would be this big of a Chapel Hill fan this week. I surely hope the Yellow dogs beat up on the Red pups.

lol just like the Bulldogs have spanked that Henderson #### on a regular basis. I would really be disappointed if any Henderson fan spoke fondly of KHS. Been a real sweet rivalry for many decades now. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users