Here is how things are stacking up for the first round of the playoffs for 14-4A.

The district will face 13-4A in the Bi-district round. Here are their standings. Their enrollments (2012 numbers) are listed

Denison 3-1, 4-3 (1291)
Wylie 3-1, 4-3 (1751)
Wylie East 3-1, 4-3 (1612)
Lucas-Lovejoy 2-2, 4-3 (1104)
McKinney North 2-2, 3-4 (1771)
Sherman 2-2, 3-4 (1710)
Royce City 1-3, 1-6 (1239)
Greenville 0-4, 0-7 (1204)

Games this Friday:
Wylie Vs. Denison
Greenville Vs. McKinney North
Lucas Lovejoy Vs. Sherman
Wylie East Vs. Royce City

If the Playoffs started today..... they would look like this

4A- Division I
Texas High Vs. Wylie East
Marshall Vs. Wylie

4A Div II
Hallsville Vs. Denison
Sulphur Springs Vs. Lucas Lovejoy

I agree. 3 way tie for the last playoff spot with 3 games to go means there is a lot to be decided.

If Sherman can beat Lovejoy this week, that would be huge for them. A loss would really hurt.

What jumped out to me was how no team in the district is just ON FIRE. No 7-0, 6-1, or even 5-2 teams.

-----

This Friday could either cement a lot for 14-4A.....or it could get real muddy. Really boils down to how the PT/Marshall game goes.

If Marshall wins and Texas High beats MP, that clinches at least 4th for Marshall and would eliminate MP and PT. It would just be a matter of deciding the order of the top 4. Now..... an MP upset of Texas High could throw a wrench into all that. But that would be a major upset.

The messiest thing would be for PT to beat Marshall...... which ultimately could lead to a three way tie between Marshall, PT, and MP.

Selfishly I just want the Mavs to take care of business and put an end to this two year playoff drought.

But given our defense the last couple of weeks.....PT is more than capable of winning. Hope not though!

Here is a scenero:Standings now:Texarkana 2-0

Hallsville 2-0

Sulphur Springs 1-1

Marshall 1-1

Mt.Pleasant 0-2

Pine Tree 0-2

Lets say at the end of district its. Texarkana 5-0(Texarkana wins out)

Sulphur Springs 4-1(SS wins out)

Hallsville 2-3(loses to TH,SS,and MP)

Marshall 2-3(beats PT,loses to SS and TH)

MT.Pleasant 2-3(beats Hallsville and PT, loses to TH)

Pine Tree 0-5

Three way tie for 3rd and 4th place.Hallsville beat Marshall who beat Mt.Pleasant who beat Hallsville.

Who goes as 3rd and 4th place?

It would be a mess. But some of those predictions are going against some pretty big odds.

Hallsville going 0-3 in their final 3 is unlikely IMHO. I think MP will have trouble beating Hallsville. Unlike Marshall and SS, the Bobcats actually have a pretty stingy defense. I don't think they will score like they did against the Mavs and the Wildcats I also have trouble thinking SS will beat Hallsville either.

I think Texas High will likely win out. But I think the Hallsville game will be tough.

If PT loses to Marshall this week.... i think they will lose out.

If I had to predict:

Texas High will win their final 3 against MP, Marshall, and Hallsville (for the district title)

Hallsville will beat SS and MP and then lose to Texas High

SS will fall to Hallsville, beat PT and Marshall

Marshall will beat PT and fall to Texas High and SS

MP will fall to Texas High and Hallsville, beat PT

PT will lose to Marshall, MP, and SS.

• 2 weeks later...

In case of a three way tie between MP-Hallsville-Marshall ,how will they determine which two schools move on to bi-district.This will occur if MP beats Hallsville,then wins over Pine Tree,Hallsville loses to Texarkana and Marshall loses to Texarkana and Sulphur Springs.Meaning Hallsville beat Marshall,Marshall beat MP,and MP beat Hallsville.

I'm guessing point differentials. But I'm not sure how that works.

Marshall was a +5 over MP

but a -26 against Hallsville

making them a total of -21

I'm not sure how that works as far as how much MP would have to beat Hallsville by. Would it be by 6 or more? or would it be by 22? or 16? LOL. No clue.

Scores from Friday night 11-1-13:

Wylie beat Sherman 17-10
Denison beat Greenville 64-14
Lovejoy beat Royse City 44-9
McKinney North beat Wylie East 42-39

Standings:
Denison 5-1, 6-3 (1291) *clinched
Wylie East 4-2, 5-4 (1612)
Lucas Lovejoy 4-2, 6-3 (1104)
McKinney North 4-2, 5-4 (1771)
Wylie 4-2, 5-4 (1751)
Sherman 2-4, 3-6 **eliminated
Royce City 1-5, 1-8 **eliminated
Greenville 0-9, 0-6 **eliminated

WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE:

1. Denison is the only team in the district that has clinched a playoff spot. Sherman, Royce City and Greenville have been eliminated.

2. There is currently a four-way tie for the final three playoff spots.

3. Denison will go into the 4A Div II bracket no matter what.

FINAL WEEK:

Denison is in and will go to the Div II bracket.

Lovejoy Vs. Wylie East- Whoever wins, they are in. East can still get in with a loss if Wylie loses to Royce City. Lovejoy would be eliminated with a loss.

McKinney North Vs. Denison- Denison has clinched. North can clinch with the upset. But even if North losses, they could advance with with a Lovejoy loss to Wylie East.

Wylie Vs. Royse City- Wylie can clinch with a win against Royse City. But they can get in with a loss with some help. If Wylie losses, they can still advance with a Lovejoy loss or if McKinney North losses to Denison.

Greenville Vs. Sherman has no bearing on the playoff race.

Scores from Friday night 11-1-13:

Wylie beat Sherman 17-10

Denison beat Greenville 64-14

Lovejoy beat Royse City 44-9

McKinney North beat Wylie East 42-39

Standings:

Denison 5-1, 6-3 (1291) *clinched

Wylie East 4-2, 5-4 (1612)

Lucas Lovejoy 4-2, 6-3 (1104)

McKinney North 4-2, 5-4 (1771)

Wylie 4-2, 5-4 (1751)

Sherman 2-4, 3-6 **eliminated

Royce City 1-5, 1-8 **eliminated

Greenville 0-9, 0-6 **eliminated

WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE:

1. Denison is the only team in the district that has clinched a playoff spot. Sherman, Royce City and Greenville have been eliminated.

2. There is currently a four-way tie for the final three playoff spots.

3. Denison will go into the 4A Div II bracket no matter what.

FINAL WEEK:

Denison is in and will go to the Div II bracket.

Lovejoy Vs. Wylie East- Whoever wins, they are in. East can still get in with a loss if Wylie loses to Royce City. Lovejoy would be eliminated with a loss.

McKinney North Vs. Denison- Denison has clinched. North can clinch with the upset. But even if North losses, they could advance with with a Lovejoy loss to Wylie East.

Wylie Vs. Royse City- Wylie can clinch with a win against Royse City. But they can get in with a loss with some help. If Wylie losses, they can still advance with a Lovejoy loss or if McKinney North losses to Denison.

Greenville Vs. Sherman has no bearing on the playoff race.

Great work again Mavchamp.

I got a Wylie fan sending me nasty-grams telling me they have clinched.

I don't see how.... you're in a four way tie.

How can anyone clinch when there are 4 teams for 3 spots and you all have identical district records?

Maybe Im missing something, but I don't see how.