Texas Next Head Coach

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#21 Mavgrad99

Mavgrad99

Geaux Tigers

• Administrators
  • 8,159 posts
  • Interests:You can find me in the college forums with my snookems, Eagleborn.

Go Marshall
    Geaux Tigers
    Go Dallas
    Go Rangers

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

What is everybody's thoughts on Trent Dilfer?  Head Coach material, collegiate coordinator?  I like the way he handles the elite 11 competition, the way he mentors the kids and pushing them to not only be a good player but a good person.  I've never seen anybody name him in any discussion, just curious as to why.

Dilfer is the same as Archie Manning, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, not Cooper Manning...  They may be the best coaches in the world, but they make close half a mil or more just running camps, coaching up young kids, without having to hire, fire, be questioned, or even make their own playbook.  They don't have to manage anything under pressure, they just work under their own terms.  

Why coach when you don't really need that pressure to accomplish your goals in life?  I am Mavgrad, and these are solely my opinions.

<p><span style="color:#800000;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>COME VOTE IN THE COLLEGE FORUMS TOP 10 EACH WEEK! THIS IS OUR USER POLL AND IT IS A GOOD TOPIC OF CONVERSATION. ALL BALLOTS NEED TO BE YOUR TOP 10 ONLY AND SENT TO ME IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM)! DEADLINE WILL BE EVERY TUESDAY AT A RANDOM TIME... SO GET THEM TO ME ON MONDAY EACH WEEK! </strong></span></span></p><br><br>
<p> </p><br><br>
<p><span style="color:#800000;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.smoaky.co.../a><br></a><br>
<p> 

#22 THSfanatic

THSfanatic

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Unfortunately UT is now in a position where it needs to bring the "Name"  coach in more for recruiting than coaching. The talent they are losing to A&M, Baylor, and OU is what is accelerating their decline.  You can bring in the best coach in the world, but if the kids (and highschool coaches) have no attachment to them the disaster will continue. Briles is who they should have been after from the start. I have no idea why some UT-Alums think he is somehow beneath them.

"Onward Thru the Fog"
Oat Willie

#23 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Personally I see him as a UT guy. I see him hanging out Willie.

#24 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Unfortunately UT is now in a position where it needs to bring the "Name"  coach in more for recruiting than coaching. The talent they are losing to A&M, Baylor, and OU is what is accelerating their decline.  You can bring in the best coach in the world, but if the kids (and highschool coaches) have no attachment to them the disaster will continue. Briles is who they should have been after from the start. I have no idea why some UT-Alums think he is somehow beneath them.

The sad part about that is, I said 2 years ago it was time for a change as that path was being laid out then....it's just sad that the powers that be, the 'experts', weren't expert enough to see that themselves then.

#25 h-town12

h-town12

Ol' Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Personally I see him as a UT guy. I see him hanging out Willie.

I hope nobody is hanging their willie out 

#26 TyperWoods

TyperWoods

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts
  • Interests:THE University of Texas

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

I hope nobody is hanging their willie out 

https://youtube.com/...h?v=KhO_1w5nBlo
THE University of Texas - Our kind makes an imprint on our country, and a mark on our culture. The salute of a citizenry, and the sign of a nation. One flag, one star, one state, one school. Texas builds names. More than legends, they are standards.

HOOK'EM

I am TyperWoods. Often imitiated, never duplicated.

#27 BLACKHAWK

BLACKHAWK

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Interests:Chapel Hill High School football,

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think briles would be a great hire. Why would anyone want to stay at Baylor when given the opp at texas. Texas is the cream of the crop of the state and any coach can se that. Trust me, 10 year contracts do not mean nothing in college football. If offered Briles will be wearing the burnt orange next season

Chapel Hill 2011 3a Division 1 State Champions
15-0 I Love It!!!! CH-20 Alvarado 19
2010 State finalist
1989 4a State Champions Ch-14 A&M Consalidated 0

#28 BuckNut

BuckNut

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Briles has a chance to be a part of something special at Baylor, they are becoming the next Stanford a consistent top national program. Why go to UT if he wins there, and he should, people will say it is only because he is at UT and gets the best players. If he wins at Baylor ,which he is, he is an awesome coach. He is making enough money in Waco Texas to live like a king plus who would want to deal with Austin traffic, and all the weirdos. I think they should keep Austin weird and hire a cross dressing transvestite as HC.

#29 bordertown

bordertown

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

And am I supposed to be impressed by the "King of Waco" title?

#30 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Moderators
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Will Muschamp may be available! Wasn't Mack grooming him for the job a few years back?
"Winnning isn't everything, but it beats the heck out of anything that comes in second." Bear Bryant

#31 JustAFan11

JustAFan11

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I'll take Muschamp as the new DC!
Without sports evolution would be a theory!

#32 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'll take Muschamp as the new DC!

I think Florida would be foolish to fire Muschamp. But if they do I would hope Mack would welcome him back as the DC

Who is John Galt?

#33 trueblue82

trueblue82

Natural

• Moderators
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think Florida would be foolish to fire Muschamp. But if they do I would hope Mack would welcome him back as the DC

I agree that this season is the result of a rash of injuries. But last week, he basically told their fans to go pound sand. He's not doing a lot to keep the fans on his side. Losing to a one-dimensional FCS team is not gonna help.
"Winnning isn't everything, but it beats the heck out of anything that comes in second." Bear Bryant

#34 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts
  • Interests:Any and all sports from any level. Specifically the Lobos, Longhorns, Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

I wouldn't! Because for 'Mack to welcome him back' implies that Mack will be back...and that's not what is needed in Austin!

#35 TyperWoods

TyperWoods

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts
  • Interests:THE University of Texas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Ok, after tonight, maybe not Briles.

THE University of Texas - Our kind makes an imprint on our country, and a mark on our culture. The salute of a citizenry, and the sign of a nation. One flag, one star, one state, one school. Texas builds names. More than legends, they are standards.

HOOK'EM

I am TyperWoods. Often imitiated, never duplicated.

#36 BEVOXII

BEVOXII

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:College football, High School Football
    Hunting & Fishing

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

I've said and thought that all along that given the talent that comes through Texas, that the talent would get even better after we return back to the winning ways...that Chris Petersen would be the right man for the job. And as it stands now he's only getting @ a mere $2 Million a year. He would fit right into the Big XII!

#37 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

I've said and thought that all along that given the talent that comes through Texas, that the talent would get even better after we return back to the winning ways...that Chris Petersen would be the right man for the job. And as it stands now he's only getting @ a mere $2 Million a year. He would fit right into the Big XII!

NO!

We've already had 1 failed Boise experiment in Austin...Let's not go for another.

#38 RedCreek49

RedCreek49

Natural

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I hear Muschamp may be available!!!!

#39 Lobo97

Lobo97

Natural

• Moderators
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm reading reports that Mack is expected to step down at the end of the season and that Gus Malzahn is expected to be announced as the new coach. Brown has apparently even endorsed him.

Hoping it's just speculation.

#40 Valhalla

Valhalla

RED IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts
  • Interests:Sooners and the Thunder.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm reading reports that Mack is expected to step down at the end of the season and that Gus Malzahn is expected to be announced as the new coach. Brown has apparently even endorsed him.

Any links?

That would be an unexpected choice.
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
-Mike Ditka-

"What it comes down to is that anybody can win with the best horse.What makes you good is if you can take the second or third best horse and win."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users