Wendy Davis Lied About Life Story .... like a good lib

KirtFalcon

Single Teen Mom? Texas's Wendy Davis Lied About Life Story
wendy_davis_AP.jpg
19 Jan 2014
Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator whose filibuster for abortion rights made her a Democratic superstar and launched her campaign for governor, has admitted to the Dallas Morning News that she lied about key events in her life, including her first divorce. Davis may even have lied under oath, testifying in a federal lawsuit over redistricting that "I got divorced by the time I was 19 years old," when in fact she was divorced at age 21.

Other missing details have included: her second husband paid her way through law school and she divorced him the day after the last payment was made; her ex-husband accused her in initial court filings of adultery, and was awarded custody of their two daughters; and she first ran for city council in Fort Worth as a Republican.

"My language should be tighter,” she said, admitting her campaign biography has been less than truthful.

It is not clear whether the article in the Dallas Morning News, by senior political writer Wayne Slater, is meant to be an exposé or a defense, presenting embarrassing details in the best light possible to present an overall picture of competence. One unidentified source, who said that Davis is "going to figure out a way to spin herself in a way that grabs at the heart strings," is also quoted as saying that "she’d be a good governor."

Regardless, the fact that Davis "blurred" her biography raises questions about her integrity. Her ex-husbandsaid she should not have needed to lie--that her real life is "a better narrative than what they’re trying to paint.”

The media tend to protect Democrats--notably, Barack Obama, Davis's contemporary at Harvard Law School--when they present false "composites" of their lives. It remains to be seen whether they treat Davis the same.

What are the issues in the upcoming governor's election that have a direct impact on you Kirt?

While no candidate, in any political party, will please ALL conservatives or liberals I find myself supporting the candidate that will do the best job for Texas as a whole. At this point, that's Abbott without a doubt. The last thing we need is another Ma Richards liberal dimocrat that is anti-business, pro illegal alien and pro abortion. You can always nit pick things in any candidates past and some things could have some merit, but you have to look at how a person will govern. I'll take the mostly conservative candidate over the mostly liberal candidate every time. Like I said, waiting on the PERFECT candidate is an exercise in futility that the liberals don't play and that stubbornness costs conservatives some elections. Rick Perry was not perfect and some of the criticism I'm sure is warranted, but I truly believe that none of the people who ran against him would have done as good a job overall for Texas as he has done. All things considered, I would vote for Rick Perry again over the opposition I have seen, I doubt we could do better. That leaves us with fringe 3rd party side-show dupes that can't get elected ... you know where I stand on that disaster.

Yeah, and he's so on the fence with it all, as it's so evident in the title of this thread. Rick Perry did so great with Texas and was so much better than Ann Richards. Yeah, bring her dead bones back to life and run her against Perry or Abbott, and she would win. LOL Gotta like those good ol' libs who do nothing but lie, while the gop is all on the straight and narrow. Kirt, you'd fit in well at Fox News.

Wendy Davis prostituted herself as the way to an education. Marries a wealthy man much older then dumps him after he makes final college payment.

Prostitution is the business or practice of engaging in sexual relations, in exchange for payment.

This is the kind of story that Republican needs. This WILL change votes from one side to the other. I will no longer consider her as a person who I will vote for governor. I don't want her as a role model for young girls who think they have to sleep their way to the top.

No, Wendy only married him for the money for the education. She never loved him. She used him. Both Wendy and her ex husband are idiots. Which do you want to be a role model for a young poor girl. Work hard and save money for an education, or sleep/marry with someone older that has money for an education.

A red flag is how a women gets a divorce but does not get custody of her kids.

Yes, that says a lot about a person. If she is that big a failure as a mother and wife, is that the kind of person we want running our government? I think not.

Yes, that says a lot about a person. If she is that big a failure as a mother and wife, is that the kind of person we want running our government? I think not.

Very good point.

She does not have custody of her kids and thinks it ok for people to abort babies. Why? Because her children got in her way.

So you know Wendy personally and can comment on what she was thinking and the feelings that she had? I didn't know Professor Xavier posted on message boards. Shouldn't you be doing important things like saving mutants or all mankind?

just looking at what she does is enough I think she should run for president on the third party ticket

No, Wendy only married him for the money for the education. She never loved him. She used him. Both Wendy and her ex husband are idiots. Which do you want to be a role model for a young poor girl. Work hard and save money for an education, or sleep/marry with someone older that has money for an education.

She wasn't as poor as she let on, and she even lied about her father not paying child support after he divorced her mom. The thing is we all have skeletons somewhere in our closet, Ms. Davis decided to try to keep them locked up. Had she never put the information out on her bio, this wouldn't have come up. She's one of those people that looks for attention by claiming that they had it so rough through their life. She had it better than most kids growing up in the late 70's early 80's. If she's going to lie to the people, how do you think she's going to represent you as Governor ?

She did it voluntarily because she said that the husband was a good nurturing father to their daughter and had spent more time with him than her. Also, she did not want to make her move out of the house that she grew up in.

She was having an affair, and has admitted that she once lived a "sexually active" lifestyle. She was doing it while she was at Harvard. By the way they have two daughters together, that doesn't include her first child.

She has two kids. One from her first husband and one from her second. The oldest was in college when she divorced and the youngest was a freshman in high school. Can you prove that she had an affair?

I don't have to, that point she has admitted.

Poor Wendy. It sure seems she has a ruinous reputation.

Now take ol Newt Gingrich. The GOPher side of the two party hoax surely is proud of Eye of Newt as he is likely representative of the lives of quite a number of GOPhers if I were to bet.

I don't think so, Newt couldn't get elected dog catcher these days in the republican party, he is now I heard thinking about the third party as his platform.....