• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#121 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

Ghost of Stat Guru's Past

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Here is my view.  If you took the "second string" of Tatum and taught them how to handle the ball and play basketball like Ponder, Brock or Peaster that "second string" would beat Tatum eveytime.  No doubt Tatum is athletic and just wear people down, but is that basketball?

lol

Really??

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#122 tappy

tappy

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I would bet the coach would want that routine to be as comfortable as possible. The kid shooting should do what feels the best for him or her.

Or what he thinks looks cool.  There is a difference.

Really??

so you agree?

#123 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

Oh and shout out to the cool dude wearing a Tatum shirt that said.

Tatum: recruiting from Longview to Maine.

Funny.

so you agree?

Hardly.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#124 Tatum_DirtyBird

Tatum_DirtyBird

Uncommon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,055 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Or what he thinks looks cool.  There is a difference.

so you agree?

Was he doing some Harlem Globetrotter stuff? I doubt it. I've seen Tatum play and have never witnessed anything out of the ordinary. If you want to see an odd pre-shot free throw routine, go watch the Sutton girl from White Oak.

#125 not2old2lovethegame

not2old2lovethegame

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Oh and shout out to the cool dude wearing a Tatum shirt that said.

Tatum: recruiting from Longview to Maine.

Funny.
Hardly.

The Rockwell kids dad took a job transfer with his company to right outside of Tatum, so he is not a recruit. But as for kids from Longview and Marshall.............well who knows, I do.

Tatum vs Ponder, wow. On paper Ponder should win, but Tatum is very athletic and coach Carr will make adjustments, so you never know. I think it will go down to the wire with .....winning.

#126 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Bottom line.

Tatum is Tatum. They do what they do.

They don't try to be something they aren't. Look at the second half once they started slowing things down. Got sloppy.

Re: Free throws.... Wasn't typical from the line. Shot free throws for 45 minutes Wednesday at Baylor and again yesterday at a local area HS.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#127 tappy

tappy

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Was he doing some Harlem Globetrotter stuff? I doubt it. I've seen Tatum play and have never witnessed anything out of the ordinary. If you want to see an odd pre-shot free throw routine, go watch the Sutton girl from White Oak.

Girls are different.

#128 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

The Rockwell kids dad took a job transfer with his company to right outside of Tatum, so he is not a recruit. But as for kids from Longview and Marshall.............well who knows, I do.
Tatum vs Ponder, wow. On paper Ponder should win, but Tatum is very athletic and coach Carr will make adjustments, so you never know. I think it will go down to the wire with .....winning.

It should be a good game. Ponder will have to play better than they did against AP.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#129 Tatum_DirtyBird

Tatum_DirtyBird

Uncommon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,055 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

Girls are different.

What's different about a girl taking a little time to get focused and a guy taking a little time to get focused?

#130 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

What's different about a girl taking a little time to get focused and a guy taking a little time to get focused?

It wouldn't be different if it was a girl from Tatum.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#131 tappy

tappy

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

It wouldn't be different if it was a girl from Tatum.

It's not a Tatum thing.  It is a basketball thing

#132 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

This us the 4th consecutive 2A Finals that will have a Carr in it.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#133 TxFight

TxFight

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Good job today by Tatum! Didn't let an off shooting performance effect their defense!! Bring it home tomorrow
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Phillippians 3:14

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Proverbs 14:23

#134 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Good job today by Tatum! Didn't let an off shooting performance effect their defense!! Bring it home tomorrow

<high-five>

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

#135 Kt0r

Kt0r

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Tatum Grad

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

No disrespect to Bushland, but I'm not sure there is a single kid that would start for Ponder. Tomorrow's game should be a classic.

#136 tappy

tappy

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

No disrespect to Bushland, but I'm not sure there is a single kid that would start for Ponder. Tomorrow's game should be a classic.

+1

#137 KHSAlum400

KHSAlum400

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Here is my view.  If you took the "second string" of Tatum and taught them how to handle the ball and play basketball like Ponder, Brock or Peaster that "second string" would beat Tatum eveytime.  No doubt Tatum is athletic and just wear people down, but is that basketball?

lol

That makes zero sense! The same scenario can be used in reverse in try to get Ponder, Brock, and Peaster to full court press the whole game. Different styles for different programs. If you don't have the athletes you can't do what teams like Tatum and Kountze do, which is run the whole game!

Kountze Lion Basketball = TRADITION Never Graduates! ('94-present, 12 Regional Finals appearances, 6 State Tournament appearances, 3 State Championships)

#138 KHSAlum400

KHSAlum400

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Nope! My old coach always said no matter how bad of an offensive performance you have, if you play tough defense you'll give yourself a chance to win most of those games you're off...

Kountze Lion Basketball = TRADITION Never Graduates! ('94-present, 12 Regional Finals appearances, 6 State Tournament appearances, 3 State Championships)

#139 tappy

tappy

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

That makes zero sense! The same scenario can be used in reverse in try to get Ponder, Brock, and Peaster to full court press the whole game. Different styles for different programs. If you don't have the athletes you can't do what teams like Tatum and Kountze do, which is run the whole game!

Makes zero sense?  So you don't think an athletic team, that is just as fast as Tatum, and knew how to handle and pass the ball couldn't beat the press?  Heck Ponder will beat it tomorrow, just imagine what they could do if they were as athletic as Tatum.

#140 Eagleborn

Eagleborn

• Administrators
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

Makes zero sense?  So you don't think an athletic team, that is just as fast as Tatum, and knew how to handle and pass the ball couldn't beat the press?  Heck Ponder will beat it tomorrow, just imagine what they could do if they were as athletic as Tatum.

Imagine ??

Since we are imagining dumb and pointless stuff let us imagine what Ponder would be like in football.

One Heart.

One Beat.

One Sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users