MAVGRAD'S WAY TOO EARLY 2016 FOOTBALL PREVIEW

Coach Rab

BEFORE I GET STARTED, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN OPINIONS AND TEAM WRITE-UPS HERE. ALL OF MY PREDICTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, HENCE THE TITLE "WAY TOO EARLY." PLEASE HAVE FUN HERE. ARGUMENTS WITHOUT SUBSTANCE WILL BE HIDDEN AND TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION FOR AN EARLY SUMMER VACATION :)

CONFERENCE PREVIEWS

BIG XII
1 . Oklahoma- OU returns Baker Mayfield and Samaje Perine. ESPN's Football Power Index gives OU the best chance in the nation to go undefeated at 18%. Throw in that Baylor and TCU will take a slight hit on talent, OU will be my odds on favorite to run away unscathed in the Big XII. Here is a link to the ESPN Spring update on OU: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/111197/top-10-player-spring-update-oklahoma-sooners
2. TCU- Possibly the best WRs in the Big XII, 2 decent options at QB, and the best coach in the league (my opinion) gives the Horned Frogs my #2 spot. I think the B12 as a league is down from last season with every school essentially facing some OL depth issues except OU. Here is the ESPN breakdown post the TCU Spring Game: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/111077/tcu-spring-game-what-we-learned
3. Oklahoma State- Why OSU at #3? They return 10 starters on Offense and 8 on Defense. As much as I do not like Mike Gundy, he has done a hell of a job as the "little brother" in the state of Oklahoma. This team is literally nothing but Srs and Jrs starting. And they had 0 coaching changes in the off-season. They will be a handful in the B12 for everyone. http://nationalchamps.net/2016/earlybird/teams/oklahomastate.htm
4. Baylor- Baylor at #4? WOW! MavGrad this will bite you in the butt! Why did you do it? Simple, too many distractions. They only return 5 starters on Offense and 5 on Defense. I think Briles is looking at a disaster season and possibly a new job if these sexual assault stories heat up again during the season. http://nationalchamps.net/2016/earlybird/teams/baylor.htm
5. Texas- I think this is where most will put Texas. There are too many unanswered questions right now and a lot of optimism. Naturally with this selection, I predict 5-4 in conference play for Texas. Meaning they need at least 1 more win (easy) but I think they are likely a 7-5 team. Charlie will save his job for 1 more year, but it will be the hottest seat in the nation in 2017. I will not get too much into the roster like I did the others, as Justafan and a few other Texas posters can give us some more solid links and information on Texas.
6. Texas Tech- Why so low? I just don't think they are that great. I also predict them to finish at 7-5 and go bowling again. I think Kingsbury is a good solid coach, but they just arent up to the level of some of the others they have to face.
7. West Virginia- another sleeper team I expect to go bowling.
8. Kansas St- another down season
9. Iowa St
10. Kansas
SEC
WEST
1. LSU- I honestly am not making this as a homer pick. The ONLY real question at LSU is QB. LSU most likely has an All-American caliber WR in Malachi Dupree, an all world RB in Fournette, a extremely solid OL, and a really experienced defense. It's hard to pick against them considering some of the holes the other SEC West teams need to fill.
2. Alabama- I really wanted to drop Ole Miss here, but we have seen Saban's magic way too many times. But they are losing several key players, breaking in a new backfield, and several new defensive key players... I can see 10 wins, but I would not be surprised to see as low as 8.
3. Ole Miss- Ole Miss was devastated this year by the draft and graduation. They are losing half of the Offense (most of the OL) and half of the defense too. Expect them to be competitive, but maybe not the dangerous team they have been the past few years before injuries.
4. Texas A&M- Clearly this team has some holes to fill on the OL. The QB situation is an interesting one plugging in a new QB again after the fire sale of the last few recruiting classes... I think this season comes down to how much the players love Sumlin. Do they care if he stays? If they do, they get the 9-10 wins to save his job. If they dont care, I expect the usualy 7-9 wins. Either way, this will still be a good enough team to compete in just about every game they play this season. Especially, in a weaker West division than we have seen in the past.
5. Arkansas- Bilema's scheme has caused troubles for some of the SEC West's better teams. But they still have not shown the ability to get over that hump to be even an SEC West competitor.
6. Auburn- Still need another year
7. Miss St- Needs some work.
EAST
(not going to kill you guys and myself with a write up here, just predictions)
1. Florida- better team and coaching than the rest of the east
2. Georgia- really like Kirby Smart here
3. Tennessee- a good team but not the national champion some will lead you to believe
4. South Carolina
5. Missouri
6. Kentucky
7. Vanderbilt
B10
EAST
1. Ohio St
2. Michigan
3. Michigan St
4. Penn St
5. Maryland
6. Indiana
7. Rutgers
WEST
1. Wisconsin
2. Northwestern
3. Iowa
4. Nebraska
5-7 etc etc etc
PAC 12
NORTH
1. Stanford
2. Oregon
3. Cal
4. Washington St
5. Washington
6. Oregon St
SOUTH
1. USC
2. Utah
3. UCLA
4. Arizona St
5. Arizona
6. Colorado
ACC
ATLANTIC
1. Clemson- they return too much
2. Florida St
3. Louisville
4-7. - The rest wont be relevant
COASTAL
1. North Carolina
2. Miami
3. Duke
4. Virginia Tech
5. Pitt
6. Ga Tech
7. Virginia
AMERICAN
1. Houston
CONFERENCE USA
1. Marshall
MAC
1. Bowling Green
SUN BELT
1. Appalachian State
TOO EARLY TOP 10
1. CLEMSON
2. OKLAHOMA
3. OHIO STATE
4. LSU
5. MICHIGAN
6. STANFORD
7. ALABAMA
8. FLORIDA STATE
9. MICHIGAN STATE
10. FLORIDA
HEISMAN TOP 3
1. RB Christian McCaffrey (STAN)- You guys already know my favorite, but I am putting the guy here that I expect to win.
2. RB Leonard Fournette (LSU)- I still think he is the best RB in the nation. I would kill for him to stay in college until graduation. He might would go down in college football history with Herchel Walker status...
3. QB Baker Mayfield (OKLAHOMA)- This guy is set to explode this year, even moreso than last... He could easily win this....
MY FINAL FOUR
As you can see above with my top 4, I have CLEMSON, OU, OHIO ST, and LSU in the playoff. Leaving us with the NC Game... I would take Clemson vs OU. Leaving us with my:
NATIONAL CHAMPION PREDICTION: CLEMSON- I just really like the return of squad. I love Dabo, and Deshaun Watson proved that he does not buckle under pressure.
SDC POLL RESULTS:
B12 CHAMPION: OKLAHOMA (53%) BAYLOR (25%) TEXAS (16%)
SEC WEST CHAMPION: ALABAMA (53%) LSU (31%) TEXAS A&M (9%)
SEC EAST CHAMPION: TENNESSEE (50%) FLORIDA (31%) GEORGIA (16%)
HEISMAN WINNER: MCCAFFREY (33%) FOURNETTE (25%) WATSON (25%)
CONFERENCE MOST LIKELY TO GET LEFT OUT OF FINAL FOUR: PAC (54%) B12 (29%)
NATIONAL CHAMPION: CLEMSON (38%) BAMA (13%) OHIO ST (13%) OU BAYLOR AND STANFORD (6%)
  • Like 2

Oklahoma is heading into the season with expectations so don't be surprised if they under achieve like usual in the Bob Stoops era.

Who is good enough this year to take them down? Baylor and TCU look to be down while OU is up. The least they do imo is win conference.

Oklahoma is heading into the season with expectations so don't be surprised if they under achieve like usual in the Bob Stoops era.

They got their butts kicked in the spring game. I'm officially on suicide watch.

• Like 1

I pretty much agree with you on the Big12, the SEC East, and the ACC. The Big10 (or whatever they call it this year) is something of a mystery to me, so I won't dwell on it, other than to say I think the conference champ comes out of the east. In the SEC West, I think it's a two-team race. I see BAMA and LSU as head and shoulders above the rest, provided they each hit a couple of keys correctly. LSU must develop an above average passing game, while helping Fournette be the stud he was born to be. Their defense needs to improve as well, and if their DC hire is the home run hire I think it is, it will. BAMA has to break in all new starters in the backfield, which means the defense will have to carry them in some early games. Cyrus Jones, Reggie Ragland, and A'Shawn Robinson are not easily replaced, but they are deep at all of those positions. The annual "Game of the Century" is in Baton Rouge this year, which I think favors LSU. I also think LSU's schedule is a little easier than BAMA's, which should help them going into that game, provided they both get to it with no more than one loss. I'm sure BAMA 's kids aren't even allowed to use the "L" word until that week. They have several big games before that, notably a neutral site matchup with USC, going to the Grove to get payback on Ole Miss, and a trip to Tennessee. If they're both as good as I think they are, I think BAMA makes the Tigers cry again, because if there's one thing you can count on in college football, it's Les Miles figuring out a way to get out-coached in a big game.

COLMES PROVIDED US WITH THIS SFA PREVIEW (IN PDF FORM???? HAD TO CONVERT IT :D)

Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks I expect to see an improvement and a drive to the FCS Playoffs this year as the Jacks should finish 8 – 3 on the season. I am wanting to see them make the FCS Playoffs and win a couple of games. The schedule is favorable for a lengthy run prior to the playoffs, so I expect them to make a run.

Spring Roster

1 Tre Rosser DB 5- 10 180 SR Clarksville, Texas (Clarksville) 2 Zach Conque QB 6-6 237 SR Little Rock, Ark. (Catholic) 3 Germod Williams DB 5- 11 190 SR Shreveport, La. (Oak Ridge) 4 George Stone III LB 6-1 225 SR Louisville, Ky. (St. Xavier) 5 Justice Liggins WR 6-1 210 SR Tyler, Texas (John Tyler) 6 Zack Starnes DB 5-9 184 SR Woodland Hills, Calif. (Woodland) 8 Trent Perriman DB 5- 11 180 JR Miami, Fla. (Northwestern) 9 Jimmie Houston DB 6-1 184 SO Hooks, Texas (Hooks) 10 Jake Blumrick QB 6-2 190 RS FR Pearland, Texas (Pearland) 11 Aaron Foy DB 5- 10 180 JR Kilgore, Texas (Kilgore) 13 John Franklin DE 6-4 284 JR Greenville, Texas (Greenville) 14 Patrick Martin DB 5-9 186 SR Spring, Texas (Dekaney) 15 Ryan Cottingame QB 6-3 220 SO Sunnyvale, Texas (Sunnyvale) 18 Hunter Taylor QB 6-1 185 SR Whitehouse, Texas (Whitehouse) 19 Robert Sylvester WR 6-0 184 JR Houston, Texas (Cypress Lake) 20 Tarrin Mitchell DB 5- 10 180 SO Dallas, Texas (Roosevelt) 21 Judah Jones WR 5- 11 180 JR Shreveport, La. (Evangel Christian) 22 Marlon Walls DB 5- 10 195 JR Pearland, Texas (Pearland) 23 Joshawa West RB 5- 10 194 SR Angleton, Texas (Angleton) 25 Kijana Amous RB 5- 11 210 JR Mansfield, Texas (Legacy) NO NAME POS HT WT Class Hometown (High School) 31 Connor Crow K/P 5- 10 165 FR Houston, Texas (Bay Area Christian) 32 Loren Easly RB 5- 11 200 SO Houston, Texas (Westside) 33 Jonathan Sam WR 6-1 205 RS FR Pearland, Texas (Pearland) 36 Alize Ward DB 5- 10 185 RS FR Dallas, Texas (Prime Prep Academy) 37 Ahmad Muhammad DB 6-0 185 JR Plano, Texas (Plano East) 38 Lawrence Ghansah DB 6-1 185 SO Cypress, Texas (Cypress Springs) 40 Jacolby Whitaker RB 5- 11 195 SO Alto, Texas (Alto) 41 Troy Duran K/P 6-1 175 SO Longview, Texas (Spring Hill) 42 Teddy Britton LB 5- 11 210 RS FR San Antonio, Texas (J.P. Stevens) 43 Anthony Jacobs LB 6-0 215 RS FR Houston, Texas (Cypress Ridge) 44 Jamal Allen DE 6-0 240 SR Frankston, Texas (Frankston) 46 Jabralon Allen RB 6-0 241 SR Frankston, Texas (Frankston) 47 Kyshaun Smith DB 6-2 190 RS FR Tatum, Texas (Tatum) 48 Trevon Smith DB 5- 10 180 SO Houston, Texas (Bellaire) 49 Price Miller LB 6-1 235 SR Rockdale, Texas (Thorndale) 50 Ryan Woods LB 6-1 220 SO Pearland, Texas (Dawson) 51 Chris Wilkerson LS 6-3 235 SO Waller, Texas (Waller) 52 A.J. Brown OL 6-2 300 RS FR Arlington, Texas (Martin) 53 Bubu Alvarez DT 5- 10 260 SO Waco, Texas (Midway) 54 Spencer Choka LB 6-1 220 RS FR Bryan, Texas (Rudder) 55 Paul Hill DT 6-2 270 RS FR Van Vleck, Texas (Van Vleck) 57 Gary Sampson DE 6-3 255 RS FR Covington, La. (Northlake Christian) 58 Caleb Lewallen K 5- 11 170 SO Kingwood, Texas (Kingwood Park) 60 Shane Roberson OL 6-2 304 JR Little Elm, Texas (Frisco) 62 Braxton Kelly DT 6-1 290 SO Pearland, Texas (Dawson) 63 Tim Meyers OL 6-0 275 RS FR Nacogdoches, Texas (Nacogdoches) 64 Travis Lock OL 6-3 270 RS FR Temple, Texas (Temple) 65 Hayden Scott OL 6-2 285 SO Spring, Texas (Klein Collins) NO NAME POS HT WT Class Hometown (High School) 68 Anthony Pullins OL 6-3 296 SR Cedar Hill, Texas (Cedar Hill) 70 Marshall Womack OL 6-5 285 SR Austin, Texas (Lake Travis) 71 Devonte Jones OL 6-2 305 SO Houston, Texas (Bellaire) 72 Travis Wiggins OL 6-4 300 SR Grand Prairie, Texas (South Grand Prairie) 78 Jake Wallace OL 6-0 285 SR Shreveport, La. (Evangel Christian Academy) 79 Josh Keith OL 6-7 328 JR Katy, Texas (Houston Christian) 80 Darrion Ardoin WR 6-3 190 SO Missouri City, Texas (Fort Bend Elkins) 83 De'Quann Ruffin WR 6-2 192 SR Humble, Texas (Summer Creek) 84 Lucas Askew TE 6-6 235 SO Big Sandy, Texas (Harmony) 86 Will Taylor TE 6-3 248 JR Euless, Texas (Euless Trinity) 87 Nick Jones TE 6-3 265 JR Brownsboro, Texas (Brownsboro) 88 Aaron Piper WR 5-9 180 JR Duncanville, Texas (Duncanville) 89 Kiki Hill WR 6-3 216 RS FR Goliad, Texas (Goliad) 93 Lamont Alexander DT 6-3 300 SO Nolanville, Texas (Killeen) 94 Demetrion Amie DT 6-4 272 SO Fort Worth, Texas (Hill School) 96 Darrell Vanerson DE 6-3 280 SR Wesson, Miss. (McComb) 97 Kedrick Harrison DE 6-2 246 SR Coldspring, Texas (Coldspring-Oakhurst) 98 Jack Martin DE 6-4 220 RS FR New Braunfels, Texas (New Braunfels) 99 Mitchel Zimmerle DE 6-3 262 JR Danbury, Texas (Danbury) Nick Bailey DB 5-9 180 SO Cypress, Texas (Cy-Woods) James Barron DL 6-3 260 SO Tyler, Texas (Robert E. Lee) Cole Brunett WR 6-1 195 SO Whitney, Texas (Whitney) Hunter Cabral DB 5-9 185 FR West Sabine, Texas (West Sabine) Charles Fentress WR 5-8 155 SO Woodville, Texas (Woodville) Luke Greenwood DE 6-1 235 SO Pilot Point, Texas (Pilot Point) Zack Kanipes DB 5-7 160 JR Pearland, Texas (Pearland) Armando Ledet OL 6-3 275 FR Beaumont, Texas (Kelly Catholic) Dalton Logenbaugh DE 6-1 215 SO Groesbeck, Texas (Groesbeck) Edwin Mims WR 5-8 180 SR Daingerfield, Texas (Daingerfield) Reece Railey DE 6-1 235 SO Deer Park, Texas (Deer Park) Tae Thomas WR 5-9 175 FR Nacogdoches, Texas (Nacogdoches) Kyle Whisenhant OL 6-2 275 FR Kountze, Texas (Kountze)

Game Breakdown: @ Texas Tech-----L West Alabama-----W @McNeese State----L Abilene Christian-----W Vs. Sam Houston------L @ Nicholls State-----W Southwestern La.------W @Incarnate Word…..W Central Arkansas-------W @Houston Baptist------W Northwestern State-----W

SLC Prediction:

McNeese

Sam Houston

Stephen F. Austin

Lamar

Central Arkansas

Incarnate Word

Northwestern State

Abilene Christian

Southwest Louisiana

Nicholls State

Houston Baptist

I'm gonna do a write-up on UT-Tyler, save it to a floppy disk, and mail it to your house.

I may have a PC in my garage that can read it... not sure if that one can access the internet though :D

• Like 1

I've said for a while now that I think Texas shocks many people this year. Now I'll put some numbers to that...

I'm predicting Texas contends for the Big 12 and finishes with no less than 9 wins.

(I don't think 9 is out of the realm of possibility but scoring enough to beat a healthy TCU and Baylor may be a challenge...

(I don't think 9 is out of the realm of possibility but scoring enough to beat a healthy TCU and Baylor may be a challenge...

I agree with you on Baylor, but that's why I said contend and not flat out win...lol.

That said, I do not expect TCU to be as good as they were....even if healthy.

I've been doing some looking at Big 12 schedules and I like the way the Texas schedule sets up.

ND and UTEP at home 1-1. I think ND is much closer than last year.

Cal on road, week off, OKST on road. 2-0 I think Texas was better than Cal last year but couldn't finish. OKST is at BU to open the big 12 while Texas is off and then the Horns travel to Stillwater. Tough place to win but I like the extra week to prepare.

OU in Dallas- toss up although I'll say 0-1 for these purposes.

ISU and @KST 2-0 Paul Rhoades always played Texas tough luckily he's gone, KST will be a slug fest and maybe a FG game that Texas loses.

Baylor 0-1 although I can see Texas winning this game again I think the defense is a year away from beating a BU team with a real QB.

@Tech, WVU, @Kansas 3-0 Tech is a scary game and could be a L but I like the Texas run game to close out a close win, WVU and KU no problems...I hope!

TCU at home 0-1, by this time of the year the offense should be set and the defense at their best for both teams. I look for this one to be a great hard fought battle. Texas needs one more year to give over the hump.

That's 8-4 headed to the bowl game.

Of course all of this is without knowing injuries and without a hard look at the teams Texas will play. I just took what little knowledge I had of the teams returning players and what I know of Texas returning and how spring looked.

• Like 1

I've been doing some looking at Big 12 schedules and I like the way the Texas schedule sets up.

ND and UTEP at home 1-1. I think ND is much closer than last year.

Cal on road, week off, OKST on road. 2-0 I think Texas was better than Cal last year but couldn't finish. OKST is at BU to open the big 12 while Texas is off and then the Horns travel to Stillwater. Tough place to win but I like the extra week to prepare.

OU in Dallas- toss up although I'll say 0-1 for these purposes.

ISU and @KST 2-0 Paul Rhoades always played Texas tough luckily he's gone, KST will be a slug fest and maybe a FG game that Texas loses.

Baylor 0-1 although I can see Texas winning this game again I think the defense is a year away from beating a BU team with a real QB.

@Tech, WVU, @Kansas 3-0 Tech is a scary game and could be a L but I like the Texas run game to close out a close win, WVU and KU no problems...I hope!

TCU at home 0-1, by this time of the year the offense should be set and the defense at their best for both teams. I look for this one to be a great hard fought battle. Texas needs one more year to give over the hump.

That's 8-4 headed to the bowl game.

Of course all of this is without knowing injuries and without a hard look at the teams Texas will play. I just took what little knowledge I had of the teams returning players and what I know of Texas returning and how spring looked.

I agree with 8-4. I think Texas wins one of the three against OU, TCU and Baylor. But loses one they shouldn't.

I agree with 8-4. I think Texas wins one of the three against OU, TCU and Baylor. But loses one they shouldn't.

I honestly agree and once the fall gets here and we make our preseason picks I will probably have some changes. Tech and OKST could be losses, but as you said ou, BU, or TCU could be wins.

Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks

I expect to see an improvement and a drive to the FCS Playoffs this year as the Jacks should finish 8 – 3 on the season. I am wanting to see them make the FCS Playoffs and win a couple of games. The schedule is favorable for a lengthy run prior to the playoffs, so I expect them to make a run.

Spring Roster

1 Tre Rosser DB 5- 10 180 SR Clarksville, Texas (Clarksville)

2 Zach Conque QB 6-6 237 SR Little Rock, Ark. (Catholic)

3 Germod Williams DB 5- 11 190 SR Shreveport, La. (Oak Ridge)

4 George Stone III LB 6-1 225 SR Louisville, Ky. (St. Xavier)

5 Justice Liggins WR 6-1 210 SR Tyler, Texas (John Tyler)

6 Zack Starnes DB 5-9 184 SR Woodland Hills, Calif. (Woodland)

8 Trent Perriman DB 5- 11 180 JR Miami, Fla. (Northwestern)

9 Jimmie Houston DB 6-1 184 SO Hooks, Texas (Hooks)

10 Jake Blumrick QB 6-2 190 RS FR Pearland, Texas (Pearland)

11 Aaron Foy DB 5- 10 180 JR Kilgore, Texas (Kilgore)

13 John Franklin DE 6-4 284 JR Greenville, Texas (Greenville)

14 Patrick Martin DB 5-9 186 SR Spring, Texas (Dekaney)

15 Ryan Cottingame QB 6-3 220 SO Sunnyvale, Texas (Sunnyvale)

18 Hunter Taylor QB 6-1 185 SR Whitehouse, Texas (Whitehouse)

19 Robert Sylvester WR 6-0 184 JR Houston, Texas (Cypress Lake)

20 Tarrin Mitchell DB 5- 10 180 SO Dallas, Texas (Roosevelt)

21 Judah Jones WR 5- 11 180 JR Shreveport, La. (Evangel Christian)

22 Marlon Walls DB 5- 10 195 JR Pearland, Texas (Pearland)

23 Joshawa West RB 5- 10 194 SR Angleton, Texas (Angleton)

25 Kijana Amous RB 5- 11 210 JR Mansfield, Texas (Legacy

31 Connor Crow K/P 5- 10 165 FR Houston, Texas (Bay Area Christian)

32 Loren Easly RB 5- 11 200 SO Houston, Texas (Westside)

33 Jonathan Sam WR 6-1 205 RS FR Pearland, Texas (Pearland)

36 Alize Ward DB 5- 10 185 RS FR Dallas, Texas (Prime Prep Academy)

37 Ahmad Muhammad DB 6-0 185 JR Plano, Texas (Plano East)

38 Lawrence Ghansah DB 6-1 185 SO Cypress, Texas (Cypress Springs)

40 Jacolby Whitaker RB 5- 11 195 SO Alto, Texas (Alto)

41 Troy Duran K/P 6-1 175 SO Longview, Texas (Spring Hill)

42 Teddy Britton LB 5- 11 210 RS FR San Antonio, Texas (J.P. Stevens)

43 Anthony Jacobs LB 6-0 215 RS FR Houston, Texas (Cypress Ridge)

44 Jamal Allen DE 6-0 240 SR Frankston, Texas (Frankston)

46 Jabralon Allen RB 6-0 241 SR Frankston, Texas (Frankston)

47 Kyshaun Smith DB 6-2 190 RS FR Tatum, Texas (Tatum)

48 Trevon Smith DB 5- 10 180 SO Houston, Texas (Bellaire)

49 Price Miller LB 6-1 235 SR Rockdale, Texas (Thorndale)

50 Ryan Woods LB 6-1 220 SO Pearland, Texas (Dawson)

51 Chris Wilkerson LS 6-3 235 SO Waller, Texas (Waller)

52 A.J. Brown OL 6-2 300 RS FR Arlington, Texas (Martin)

53 Bubu Alvarez DT 5- 10 260 SO Waco, Texas (Midway)

54 Spencer Choka LB 6-1 220 RS FR Bryan, Texas (Rudder)

55 Paul Hill DT 6-2 270 RS FR Van Vleck, Texas (Van Vleck)

57 Gary Sampson DE 6-3 255 RS FR Covington, La. (Northlake Christian

58 Caleb Lewallen K 5- 11 170 SO Kingwood, Texas (Kingwood Park

) 60 Shane Roberson OL 6-2 304 JR Little Elm, Texas (Frisco)

62 Braxton Kelly DT 6-1 290 SO Pearland, Texas (Dawson)

63 Tim Meyers OL 6-0 275 RS FR Nacogdoches, Texas (Nacogdoches)

64 Travis Lock OL 6-3 270 RS FR Temple, Texas (Temple)

65 Hayden Scott OL 6-2 285 SO Spring, Texas (Klein Collins)

68 Anthony Pullins OL 6-3 296 SR Cedar Hill, Texas (Cedar Hill)

70 Marshall Womack OL 6-5 285 SR Austin, Texas (Lake Travis)

71 Devonte Jones OL 6-2 305 SO Houston, Texas (Bellaire)

72 Travis Wiggins OL 6-4 300 SR Grand Prairie, Texas (South Grand Prairie)

78 Jake Wallace OL 6-0 285 SR Shreveport, La. (Evangel Christian Academy)

79 Josh Keith OL 6-7 328 JR Katy, Texas (Houston Christian)

80 Darrion Ardoin WR 6-3 190 SO Missouri City, Texas (Fort Bend Elkins)

83 De'Quann Ruffin WR 6-2 192 SR Humble, Texas (Summer Creek)

84 Lucas Askew TE 6-6 235 SO Big Sandy, Texas (Harmony)

86 Will Taylor TE 6-3 248 JR Euless, Texas (Euless Trinity)

87 Nick Jones TE 6-3 265 JR Brownsboro, Texas (Brownsboro)

88 Aaron Piper WR 5-9 180 JR Duncanville, Texas (Duncanville)

89 Kiki Hill WR 6-3 216 RS FR Goliad, Texas (Goliad)

93 Lamont Alexander DT 6-3 300 SO Nolanville, Texas (Killeen)

94 Demetrion Amie DT 6-4 272 SO Fort Worth, Texas (Hill School)

96 Darrell Vanerson DE 6-3 280 SR Wesson, Miss. (McComb)

97 Kedrick Harrison DE 6-2 246 SR Coldspring, Texas (Coldspring-Oakhurst)

98 Jack Martin DE 6-4 220 RS FR New Braunfels, Texas (New Braunfels)

99 Mitchel Zimmerle DE 6-3 262 JR Danbury, Texas (Danbury)

Nick Bailey DB 5-9 180 SO Cypress, Texas (Cy-Woods)

James Barron DL 6-3 260 SO Tyler, Texas (Robert E. Lee)

Cole Brunett WR 6-1 195 SO Whitney, Texas (Whitney)

Hunter Cabral DB 5-9 185 FR West Sabine, Texas (West Sabine)

Charles Fentress WR 5-8 155 SO Woodville, Texas (Woodville)

Luke Greenwood DE 6-1 235 SO Pilot Point, Texas (Pilot Point)

Zack Kanipes DB 5-7 160 JR Pearland, Texas (Pearland)

Armando Ledet OL 6-3 275 FR Beaumont, Texas (Kelly Catholic)

Dalton Logenbaugh DE 6-1 215 SO Groesbeck, Texas (Groesbeck)

Edwin Mims WR 5-8 180 SR Daingerfield, Texas (Daingerfield)

Reece Railey DE 6-1 235 SO Deer Park, Texas (Deer Park)

Tae Thomas WR 5-9 175 FR Nacogdoches, Texas (Nacogdoches)

Kyle Whisenhant OL 6-2 275 FR Kountze, Texas (Kountze)

Game Breakdown

: @ Texas Tech-----L

West Alabama-----W

@McNeese State----L

Abilene Christian-----W

Vs. Sam Houston------L

@ Nicholls State-----W

Southwestern La.------W

@Incarnate Word…..W

Central Arkansas-------W

@Houston Baptist------W

Northwestern State-----W