Dirk Nowitzki

Stoney

Dirk will hit the free agent market. Doesn't mean he won't be a Mav for life, doesn't mean he won't chase the ring. However, if he did choose to chase the ring would Mav fans be upset or understanding? The greatest player in franchise history brought the team a championship. He has played to the highest of his remarkable abilities. He's took less money for a chance to win.

I'd like to see him be a Mav for life, because he doesn't have many years left in him. He's still a solid player, but I wouldn't offer him the max deal. Considering he's taken less pay in the past, I think he stays with the Mavs. I'd say he's the greatest Maverick to ever play with Aguire being second.

he has a ring, he was the reason Dallas wont he championship, he is the reason Dallas has been a playoff contender for the past 10+ years...

If he leaves, Dallas will celebrate him and sign him to a baseball style 1 day contract to retire a Maverick.

If he stays, Dallas will celebrate him and reward him the best they can.

Either way he will be a Hall of Famer, and will always be remembered and thought of as a Dallas Maverick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Retire

There's a club option for 2017-18 for $25 million just as he is making this year, but I think it's time. His minutes per game is way down which is why his scoring is down to 12.8, but he's still averaging 24.2 minutes a game. That's not enough to pay him $25 million next year. Maybe he'll see the writing on the wall, and decide to step down after this season. This is his 19th season in the league, but if he wants to play one game next year to make it 20 I'd let him. I don't know if you can sign a veteran to a 10 game contract.