Here are my early thoughts:

1. Cameron Yoe

2. Franklin

3. Rockdale

4. McGregor

5. Troy

6. Academy/Jarrell

7. Academy/Jarrell

Cameron has a new coach and some holes to fill, but this team should have the talent to compete for the district and state championship. Franklin is my number two pick based on my pre-season rankings. I am interested to see how the Lions fare in this district. Rockdale is a wild card and should have plenty of speed on this year's team. McGregor, even though they finish 4th last year, impressed me in the bi-district game. They return most of their talent, so they should be better. I pick Troy for 5th, but they will be dangerous. They were solid last year and narrowly lost to an impressive West squad in the playoffs. I do believe Jarrell/Academy will fight it out for 6th/7th. FNF has Jarrell ranked in the top 25, but I feel this district may be too much.

Here are my early thoughts:

1. Cameron Yoe

2. Franklin

3. Rockdale

4. McGregor

5. Troy

6. Academy/Jarrell

7. Academy/Jarrell

Cameron has a new coach and some holes to fill, but this team should have the talent to compete for the district and state championship. Franklin is my number two pick based on my pre-season rankings. I am interested to see how the Lions fare in this district. Rockdale is a wild card and should have plenty of speed on this year's team. McGregor, even though they finish 4th last year, impressed me in the bi-district game. They return most of their talent, so they should be better. I pick Troy for 5th, but they will be dangerous. They were solid last year and narrowly lost to an impressive West squad in the playoffs. I do believe Jarrell/Academy will fight it out for 5th/6th. FNF has Jarrell ranked in the top 25, but I feel this district may be too much.

I don't know near enough about these teams but your prediction is the same as what I was thinking.

Cameron

Franklin

Rockdale

Troy/McGregor

Being from Teague yoe has the it factor and region Champs till knocked off. We played Rockdale last year (60-24I believe) and while they have a ton of speed most of that laid down after being popped. Franklin's culture is balls to the wall for 48 minutes and think this will be the difference against Rockdale and will give Cameron all they want. This is a very good district no doubt going to be fun to watch.

Would it be to much to ask for a couple of the games to be played on Saturday in Teague?

THSCA Region III Rankings

1. Cameron Yoe (3) - 38

2. Franklin (1) - 32

3. Malakoff - 27

4. La Marque - 26

5. Coldspring - 21

5. Teague - 21

7. Rockdale - 16

8. Kirbyville - 14

9. Hitchcock - 11

10. McGregor - 7

This is fairly consistent with what I figured would come out. Solid rankings, IMO.

Franklin/Cameron- 1st and 2nd ( not sure which will be 1 and which will be 2 just yet will know more after Non-District)

Rockdale- 3rd

McCregor- 4th

Troy- 5th

Jarrell- 6th

Academy- 7th

Also I have a feeling Cameron and Franklin will play again in the playoffs......

IMHO....

Cameron & Franklin are playing the two toughest schedules in the state. Really no cupcakes unless Connally (Franklin) proves to be down again and Bay City (Cameron) takes a step back after taking a big step forward last year. Winning is great but I think these non-district schedules will more than prepare these teams for district play and the run in the playoffs.

Cameron & Franklin are playing the two toughest schedules in the state. Really no cupcakes unless Connally (Franklin) proves to be down again and Bay City (Cameron) takes a step back after taking a big step forward last year. Winning is great but I think these non-district schedules will more than prepare these teams for district play and the run in the playoffs.

They're both going to get waxed in non district

Let's see: New coach. Lost our starting QB, star defensive player, not to mention THE best MVP in the state. Starting the season with two road games, and the toughest district schedule in the state includes a road Battle of the Bell and a visit to a state runner-up.

LOOKS LIKE JUST ANOTHER GREAT YEAR FOR YOE NATION TO GET OUT ON FRIDAY NIGHTS AND SHOW THESE WANNABES WHO WE ARE!!!

Let's see: New coach. Lost our starting QB, star defensive player, not to mention THE best MVP in the state. Starting the season with two road games, and the toughest district schedule in the state includes a road Battle of the Bell and a visit to a state runner-up.

LOOKS LIKE JUST ANOTHER GREAT YEAR FOR YOE NATION TO GET OUT ON FRIDAY NIGHTS AND SHOW THESE WANNABES WHO WE ARE!!!

Is it true Sicory Smith was kicked off the team?

• 2 weeks later...

Franklin/Cameron- 1st and 2nd ( not sure which will be 1 and which will be 2 just yet will know more after Non-District)

Rockdale- 3rd

McCregor- 4th

Troy- 5th

Jarrell- 6th

Academy- 7th

Also I have a feeling Cameron and Franklin will play again in the playoffs......

IMHO....

La Marque will knock off one of them and Malakoff will knock off the other. Both will be gone by week 3 of the playoffs mark my words.

Final 4

La Marque vs Teague

Malakoff vs Cold Springs

Lol here we go with the Teague kids again. This is y'alls year, right? Just like the last 10 supposedly were?

One dimensional? The cabinets are never bare. Had any of yall heard of Traion Smith before Keaton Denio graduated? No. And Traion exploded onto the scene his first game. Same for Aaron Sims. Remember him? Just cause Traion graduated doesn't mean there isn't a replacement. Same for the QB. 5 and 5? I'll take that bet.

Lol here we go with the Teague kids again. This is y'alls year, right? Just like the last 10 supposedly were?

One dimensional? The cabinets are never bare. Had any of yall heard of Traion Smith before Keaton Denio graduated? No. And Traion exploded onto the scene his first game. Same for Aaron Sims. Remember him? Just cause Traion graduated doesn't mean there isn't a replacement. Same for the QB. 5 and 5? I'll take that bet.

Who is the next traion smith since history will repeat itself as you say? An is the new QB better than the one that quit on yall?

Cameron lost some talented players off of last year's team, no doubt about that. However, as far as senior classes go, I would say we have had 2-3 more complete classes since the 2010 season.

As far as QBs go, we have had Rhoades, Kopriva, Nickerson and Smitherman this past year. This tradition of strong QBs is not going to end in 2016, I can assure you of that. RBs include Kelley, Denio and Smith.

No one knew who Nickerson was heading into the 2014 season, but he led one our most prolific offenses. Now, if our JV was horrible I could understand having more concerns, but last year's JV squad was the most dominant that I have ever seen. Will this result in other state championship appearance? I don't know. But I do know there is talent there to compete at a high level.